Report: Dodgers favorites to land Giancarlo Stanton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Report: Dodgers favorites to land Giancarlo Stanton

08:53 AM ET 01.05 | An MLB source who has spent time with Giancarlo Stanton this offseason said he seems increasingly smitten with the Dodgers and the Hollywood lifestyle and part-time owner Magic Johnson and has buddied up withDodgers outfielder Matt Kemp. The Dodgers are the front-runner to land him when he becomes a free agent after 2016.

Miami Herald

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Report: Dodgers favorites to land Giancarlo Stanton

Just what the Dodgers need.

In 2017, Kemp, Etheir, Crawford and Puig will all still be under contract.  They probably need to squeeze in another outfielder or two.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I appreciate the reporting, but they are talking about where a player will be playing in 2017.  By 2017, probably over 25% of the current players will be out of BB, and half of the remaining players will have changed teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I could very well replace the name Yankees for Dodgers... or the Red Sox for that matter.  So many things change in baseball so fast that we will have to get to that point in time before knowing where he will go.

If this was an article on where he will be traded to after next season would be more accurate since his price tag will shoot way up through arbitration and will represent 1/4 to 1/3 of the entire team payroll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

08:53 AM ET 01.05 | An MLB source who has spent time with Giancarlo Stanton this offseason said he seems increasingly smitten with the Dodgers and the Hollywood lifestyle and part-time owner Magic Johnson and has buddied up withDodgers outfielder Matt Kemp. The Dodgers are the front-runner to land him when he becomes a free agent after 2016.

Miami Herald

The Marlins probably want prospects under team control or low priced vets.  The Dodgers can't suit ther needs in my opinion through trade anyway and a lot of teams will be going after Stanton as a FA.  I personally think we could have Stanton in a heartbeat but won't trade top prospects for a guy that could walk in two to three years.  As a ballplayer I don't think Stanton is durable enough or a very good fielder so by 2016 who knows what hes worth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soph. Show Soph's posts

And who does Mr Kemp think will be the odd man out in LA?  

I actually want Kemp but looks like Magic has brought the NBA players mentality to baseball. Good luck with that. In NBA 2 superstars can control the team....takes more than that in baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Whose the reigning champ? Oh that's right the Red Sox are!!! The other teams have to buy as many players as they can just to catch up, I'm happy with the team as is! We still have more pitching than anyone in our league, so the Dodgers will have to improve somewheres in order to even compete with St.Louis!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

How special for them, being "favorites" to land a FA three years from now. I bet they are one of the favorites for Mike Trout in 2018 too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

the yankees are the favorites to land David Ortiz's son in 2024

Sections
Shortcuts