Report: Kevin Youkilis' Rehab Being Monitored by Phillies, Indians -Masterson for Youkilis and Buchholz?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Report: Kevin Youkilis' Rehab Being Monitored by Phillies, Indians -Masterson for Youkilis and Buchholz?

anyone who thinks a Youk trade would bring a quality starter is probably high...youk is done...he is not a power hitter, never has been...even in his prime he would never have warranted a trade for a #1...great first basemen are a dime a dozen...third basemen who are 33, oft injured, and lack home run power are not in demand...just be thankful we got Middlebrooks - all you wannabe GM's who think Youk is worth something are laughable...play Middlebrooks and use Youk as a back up/pinch hitter - he is worth more on the depth chart than in a trade

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Report: Kevin Youkilis' Rehab Being Monitored by Phillies, Indians -Masterson for Youkilis and Buchholz?

In Response to Report: Kevin Youkilis' Rehab Being Monitored by Phillies, Indians -Masterson for Youkilis and Buchholz?:
    [QUOTE]A Masterson for Youkilis and Buchholz trade -would we be giving up too much? I would like to get Masterson in the starting rotation.(this is my idea; no one is reporting this) What would you want back for Youkilis and would you expand the trade? NESN: Kevin Youkilis is expected to return to the Red Sox this week and when he does, there will be a lot of interested observers. Those observers likely won't be limited to the Red Sox and their fans, either. ESPN's Jerry Crasnick tweeted Sunday that both the Phillies and Indians had been monitoring the Boston third baseman during his recent rehab stint with Pawtucket. Crasnick also noted that the Indians haven't been in contact with the Red Sox about Youkilis, but they are interested in adding a right-handed bat. The Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo wrote Sunday that he feels the Diamondbacks may also have interest in the veteran infielder, should he become available.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I give Masterson more credit than some of our fans and would still love to have him back but still feel a healthy and productive Youk packaged could bring in a better starter.  Its show time for Youk, he is playing for his future, whether that be in Boston or somewhere else remains to be seen.

Middy has really put the pressure on Youk. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Terrible trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Awful trade...stick to GMing on The Show for your PS3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Kevin Youkilis' Rehab Being Monitored by Phillies, Indians -Masterson for Youkilis and Buchholz?:
    [QUOTE]Terrible trade.
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]
    For what team?

The nearly 28-year-old pitcher with a 7.84 ERA, 1.91 WHIP and 1:1 K:BB after Monday's regrettable start has $27 million remaining on his contract.

That's the riskiest piece in that trade proposal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I find it amusing when a writer states that another team is monitoring a player.
    This is 2012 not 1965.
    Every team knows exactly what every player is doing and capapble of. There are scouts at every MLB game from every team. There are minor league scouts doing the same.
    Every team has scouts all over the country watching and reporting.
    You could walk into any GM's office and get the same info on any player.
    Yes some may pay particular attention to some players but I'd bet at that same game there were a dozen other teams scouts.

The writers say a particular team is interested because they have a need and the writer has a need to fill his column or TV/Radio time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't get the fascination with Masterson.

Why don't we try to get Freddie Sanchez back?

(Just kidding.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Youk, building up his trade value Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pitifully incompetent to trade Youk now. Youk doesn't decide where he plays, under the CBA. Youk needs to be put into LF. If he improves his plate numbers over several weeks, he should be retained until such time as the Red Sox trade for Justin Upton type of profile. What Cherry needs to do, that he doesn't have a clue on, is this team is not a contender as currently constructed.

Softy blasted me after we traded and signed AGon, and I said we should trade Youk. (It was the wrong age to move Youk back to 3B. The money saved on trading Youk could have gone towards signing Beltre.)

Softy also claimed Youk playing 3B was less stressful on Youk's body and minimized his injury risk.

For now, Youk should be ordered to play LF, assuming the reports that he expressed wishes not to be placed there. 

Like when softy stated CC should lead off instead of Ellsbury and "ordered to concentrate on OBP." He really thinks it is that simple!

Moving Youk to LF is begging for an instant injury. Plus, Youk can't play OF. AGon can on a temporary basis, until Youk proves value for a trade or until Middlebrooks proves he needs more AAA time and we keep Youk for 3B to end the season.

He should not be traded until such time as the trade for a young star RH OF'er is made, and then, only if platoon profile Ross comes off the DL. Even if he retruns to decent numbers, Youk's trade value will be so low that his value is better retained unless the team is out of playoff contention or a profile like Upton is acquired and Ross returns healthy and ready for platoon duty. 

Silly clown gobbledeegoop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

For now, Youk should be ordered to play LF, assuming the reports that he expressed wishes not to be placed there. 

Like when softy stated CC should lead off instead of Ellsbury and "ordered to concentrate on OBP." He really thinks it is that simple!

Moving Youk to LF is begging for an instant injury. Plus, Youk can't play OF.

Dude is stoned again.  Play Youk in LF?  That doesn't make one iota of sense.  I'll just assume Softy doesn't follow the RS close enough to have seem him out there.  He's the worst I've ever seen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Why would you trade Buchholz and Youkilis?  I could see Masterson for Youkilis and maybe a couple mid level prospects, but you dont give up on a arm like Clay's.

Posters should learn more about the players and how they are evaluated before throwing out stupid trades.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy has admitted he doesn't watch the games or need to watch them.

It shows.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Manny was "one of the worst you've ever seen". I'm going to state that you don't have a clue, Joe. Of course, AGon is "the worst I've ever seen". Get out a here! Agon has a contract with nearly 150 million owed! He's a top defensive 1st baseman! Youk hasn't hit since last summer and has a few months left on his contract. Put Youk in the smallest corner OF for at least a few weeks, if not more. If he gets hurts, so what!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Kevin Youkilis' Rehab Being Monitored by Phillies, Indians -Masterson for Youkilis and Buchholz?:
    [QUOTE]Manny was "one of the worst you've ever seen". I'm going to state that you don't have a clue, Joe. Of course, AGon is "the worst I've ever seen". Get out a here! Agon has a contract with nearly 150 million owed! He's a top defensive 1st baseman! Youk hasn't hit since last summer and has a few months left on his contract. Put Youk in the smallest corner OF for at least a few weeks, if not more. If he gets hurts, so what!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Manny was a much, much better OF than Youk.  Manny played the wall perfectly and had a quick release.  Youk looks like he never shagged fly balls.  He has no judgement at all.

I have no idea why you put Gonzo's name in there.

Youk hitting or not hitting has no correlation to his fielding, and even if it did, not hitting is all the more reason not to put him in left.

Is that what your rationale is for putting Youk in LF?  That Youk  might not be able to hit anymore, but he makes up for it by not being able to field?  That's the reason you want him in LF?  Because he can't hit or field?

Seriously?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

That's the reason you want him in LF?  Because he can't hit or field?

Seriously?

Oh, the sillyness of clown logic.

Why doesn't softy suggest that Sox management just "tell AGon to concentrate of fielding."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Why would you trade Buchholz and Youkilis?  I could see Masterson for Youkilis and maybe a couple mid level prospects, but you dont give up on a arm like Clay's. Posters should learn more about the players and how they are evaluated before throwing out stupid trades.
    Posted by jb12bb[/QUOTE]
    Your post is void of any information about the players.

How do you evaluate Justin Masterson, Clay Buchholz and Kevin Youkilis?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

[QUOTE]Why would you trade Buchholz and Youkilis?  I could see Masterson for Youkilis and maybe a couple mid level prospects, but you dont give up on a arm like Clay's. Posters should learn more about the players and how they are evaluated before throwing out stupid trades.
    Posted by jb12bb[/QUOTE]

It's not his arm I worry about but his head!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehobots. Show thehobots's posts

Report: You're a Peepeesniff. It's true. The Hobots wins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

What's up with you people who want to trade Youk for a bag of balls a/k/a Masterson?  Youkis STILL a GG 1B with good plate discipline and good power.  Had the Sox not picked up AGon we'd still be touting him as the best 1B not named Albert in the AL.  [Aside here - that's with all due respect to that guy from the Y's, but that would be OUR opinion! Smile]

The Sox currently have a logjam at 1B-3B-DH with four guys who can be inserted into three spots to make the team strong:
    AGon - hitting is starting to come along, and he's still a GG 1B.
    Middlebrooks - Hitting has "calmed down" some since he showed up but at this point nobody is going to put him in the same defensive class as Brooks Robinson.
    Youk - Coming off an injury-riddled couple of years, arguably brought on by his move to 3B, but still a GG 1B with very good offensive skills.
    Papi - He's included in this only because either Youk or AGon could DH, giving the team more flexibility.  In no way am I advocating trading Papi, he's just a part of the logjam.

ONE of those guys COULD go - and arguably SHOULD go to improve the team, but that doesn't mean the Sox have to give him away.  Right now GM's all over baseball are donning their masks and grabbing their guns hoping to steal Youk from the Sox and I say it would be insane to get less than fair value for him.

I ask you this...Let's say you have a riding lawnmower, and someone passes away and leaves you ANOTHER riding lawn mower.  Would you put the first one out beside the street to sell, saying that since you already have one you don't need another one, therefore you'll take anything anyone is willing to offer for it??  NO!  You'd try to get fair value for it and you'd hold onto it until you did - or at least I would!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Masterson? Really, Masterson? Someone's spiked the coolaid again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I ask you this...Let's say you have a riding lawnmower, and someone passes away and leaves you ANOTHER riding lawn mower.  Would you put the first one out beside the street to sell, saying that since you already have one you don't need another one, therefore you'll take anything anyone is willing to offer for it??  NO!  You'd try to get fair value for it and you'd hold onto it until you did - or at least I would!

If it's worth $500, I might sell it for $250 though cash, and have more room in my garage for something more valuable and useful like a new fancy Middlebrooks "weed wacker".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

On a seperate thread dannycater had the Youk solution--rotate Youk to different positions allowing the players a chance for a day off but still have a potent bat on the bench to pinch hit. Middy, Ortiz, AGon and Youk--perhaps three days a week and pinch hit Youk on the fourth, fifth and sixth days. 

AND/ OR work him out in the OF, during pre game,  and perhaps 2 B to bring those positions into the mix for rotation.

If over the course of time he becomes proficient in the OF you could get him more playing time until another team makes an offer BenC can't refuse. OR he becomes so valuable Ben decides not to trade him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Better to use AGon in the OF a few times not Youk. Let Youk DH vs a couple tough lefties, play 3rd vs a couple tough righties, but play 1B about half the time, until things shake out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I ask you this...Let's say you have a riding lawnmower, and someone passes away and leaves you ANOTHER riding lawn mower.  Would you put the first one out beside the street to sell, saying that since you already have one you don't need another one, therefore you'll take anything anyone is willing to offer for it??  NO!  You'd try to get fair value for it and you'd hold onto it until you did - or at least I would! If it's worth $500, I might sell it for $250 though cash, and have more room in my garage for something more valuable and useful like a new fancy Middlebrooks "weed wacker".
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Actually, in this analogy, Middlebrooks is the other riding lawnmower you're keeping. The weedwacker would be the pitcher, prospect or whatever you'd get by selling the other lawnmower (Youk) at a cheaper price simply to fill another need.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Moving Youk to LF is begging for an instant injury. Plus, Youk can't play OF. AGon can on a temporary basis

Folks, read the above comment of an incoherent moron with the memory of a demented old man. Who cares if Youk gets "an instant memory that has to be begged for". LMAO! AGon is due nearly 150 million! You don't put him in the OF!

Moron!

Sections
Shortcuts