Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

Thank you for not deleting the "Kate Upton" thread.    :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

I'll file a report for the devs on the need to hit Reply or Post several times, but the first questions they will ask me is to ID the browsers and operating systems.

So for browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari ... ?

Operating systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Apple iOS ... ?

Thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

I'll file a report for the devs on the need to hit Reply or Post several times, but the first questions they will ask me is to ID the browsers and operating systems.

Thanks.

Thats been happened A LOT to me too. I use IE and Windows 7

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks.

[/QUOTE

Thanks, Dottie. Windows 7, Firefox

Would it be possible to get the emotions icons?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Hello Dottie,   @ 10:49 this morning I posted what I thought was a humerous, imaginative,thoughtful, humble post......  Mostly making "fun" at myself.....   With that said, "one of your board people" removed it within 10 min of the initial post....... To bad, has it was meant to have fun with all posters and break up the "lag time" in spring training !!  By removing the post, just makes BILL-806 look like the bad guy and completly missed what I was trying to do.   This removal just shows me that the "P C " Boston Globe can not see the humor from the hate !!!   Just for kicks, please look into this matter, you might even see your way to reinstate it !!!   Thank You for your time........  Your 2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR,    BILL-806

Bill. to answer your question. your post was spam. it had nothing to do with the RS, nothing to do with baseball. nothing to do with anything. it was just spam!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thanks.

Not sure, but it might be a pc thing since I have had absolutely no issues with my Mac which is running Moutain Lion And I use Firefox as my browser...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

At times in the past, posting a reply would take time.  It wasn't immediately sent..  If I pushed the reply button again, eventually every button push created a post.  Thus, multiple identical posts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Burrito, any moderator is going to delete a comment that says another poster is an alcoholic. C'mon. You may think it's all in good fun, but a moderator can't determine on the fly whether it's just banter that the target isn't going to mind, or a libelous statement.

Folks, there is not a moderator dedicated to this forum who just reads your posts all day. There is a team of moderators who work for another company. They do not look at the live site. They moderate abuse reports - thousands of abuse reports every day that come from the dozens of forums we have and the thousands of articles that are on Boston.com and BostonGlobe.com.

Are they sometimes overly cautious? Of course! Do they miss some stuff? Yes! But in general, they do an excellent job given the volume of abuse reports they have to handle.

So adding a post calling somebody Pike is completely useless and will not get anybody blocked because no moderator is reading the live site. 

Look, I want to keep this forum as clear of trolls as possible. Just post here when there is a troll disrupting the forum on another thread and we'll take care of it.

Thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

dottie

how do posts with harmless silly photos in them

get deleted in less than a min

is this some one reporting them as abuse

or some kind of an automatic censor

thank you in advance for your response

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

dottie

how do posts with harmless silly photos in them

get deleted in less than a min

is this some one reporting them as abuse

or some kind of an automatic censor

thank you in advance for your response

there is no automatic censor. i already had that question answered by dottie in a different forum

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The crying on this board is laughable  !!!    Grow up all .......

correct me if i'm wrong... but didn't you come to this same thread just the other day and cry that your "comeback" post got deleted??

practice what you preach. T-baller.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

mef & carnie

that's what I have been thinking

but it happens so quickly

2 quick 4 a second person to delete them

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Hey mef,

We use an outside company for our moderation. They handle abuse reports, and yes, once in a while they delete comments that are fine, or keep reported comments that should be deleted.

We do not have auto deletion based on X number of abuse reports. We used to, but got rid of it.

I can speak to the mods, but it helps to have specific examples. Is there a particular discussion on the Sox On the Front Burner forum with bad moderating that I can use as an example?

^^^^this is the response Dottie gave me. hope it clears the issue up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

thanks mef

but she did qualify her answer by saying

We do not have auto deletion ''based on X number of abuse reports ''

We used to, but got rid of it

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts