Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The crying on this board is laughable  !!!    Grow up all .......

correct me if i'm wrong... but didn't you come to this same thread just the other day and cry that your "comeback" post got deleted??

practice what you preach. T-baller.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

mef & carnie

that's what I have been thinking

but it happens so quickly

2 quick 4 a second person to delete them

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Hey mef,

We use an outside company for our moderation. They handle abuse reports, and yes, once in a while they delete comments that are fine, or keep reported comments that should be deleted.

We do not have auto deletion based on X number of abuse reports. We used to, but got rid of it.

I can speak to the mods, but it helps to have specific examples. Is there a particular discussion on the Sox On the Front Burner forum with bad moderating that I can use as an example?

^^^^this is the response Dottie gave me. hope it clears the issue up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

thanks mef

but she did qualify her answer by saying

We do not have auto deletion ''based on X number of abuse reports ''

We used to, but got rid of it

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

In response to Polly-'s comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

thanks mef

but she did qualify her answer by saying

We do not have auto deletion ''based on X number of abuse reports ''

We used to, but got rid of it

What did the Triumph Dog do to get banned by BDC? Does anyone have a guess?

The Triumph Dog insulted everyone 24/7 no matter if they were a Sox fan or not. He made enemies on both sides. He was despised by all and that is probably why he finally got banned. I've only been here for about a month and know that much. The forum is better without him. I do however know who has replaced him.

Overall the mods are doing a good job. Its too bad they cannot ban someone based on their IP address rather than their screen name. Good assessment about why Triumph got banned-persistent personal attacks with only a smattering of baseball related posts. I heard that Conan is also Triumph and if thats so, I will be putting him on ignore too. His modus operandi is similar.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Here's a question. Why is it when the OP of a thread gets deleted that the thread stays up? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurittoT's comment:

Sorry, wrong thread.

your act is old and quite frankly a bit sick and very creepy...This stalking the real Burrito T and using different spellings of his Enchilada and Burrito screen names is pretty pathetic, and I for one, hope you get banned...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

He has after all, been banned before in at least 2 prior incarnations; 2004Idiots and EdithBunker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

He has after all, been banned before in at least 2 prior incarnations; 2004Idiots and EdithBunker.

This from an anonymous individual(he?she?) who besides carnie also uses the moniker: ConanObrien.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

This from an anonymous individual(he?she?) who besides carnie also uses the moniker: ConanObrien.

Sorry, but repeating that nonsense doesn't make it true.

No matter how often you try it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Well at least the invisible poster hasn't reared his ugly head.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

And I'd like to amplify the above comment by saying that this same poster has been unremittingly attacking me personally for the last 2 days because I had the temerity to say that his inane repetitive spamming of the forum wasn't welcome here. How has this poster and his multiple monikers not been banned?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BuriitoT's comment:

And I'd like to amplify the above comment by saying that this same poster has been unremittingly attacking me personally for the last 2 days because I had the temerity to say that his inane repetitive spamming of the forum wasn't welcome here. How has this poster and his multiple monikers not been banned?

To BDC:

Please do not be fooled by Carnie. Carnie would like to go back to a sanitized America. He'd be happy with the 1950s with the The House Committee on Un-American Activities and signs on beaches or bathrooms or water coolers that didn't welcome certain groups. His modus operandi on this forum is to have a holier-than-thou self-righteous attitude; he is really a wolf in sheep's clothing. He constantly and consistently has come on to other individuals' threads and viciously attacked. He is not interested in baseball; he overtly uses demeaning comments and says cutting things to that individual.

Case in point.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts