Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Someone above said that they should appoint J-Bay to be the forum moderator. LOL. He got banned during the opening day gamethread for his repeated violation of forum rules. Go back and look at the gamethread and check out that his forty comments are all gone. Do you want the fox guarding the henhouse. LOLOL. 

MEF429 at least admitted that he got banned and apologized for it.

Re: Forums and comments updates

posted at 4/2/2013 12:21 PM EDT

• TheFoe13
    • First: 4/2/2013
    • Last: 4/3/2013

and now my post gets deleted. unbelievable...

Dottie, may i ask why my account got banned?? to my knowledge, i did not violate BDC rules, i did not attack another poster or anything... happy that it's opening day and no one was responding to me.... come to find out that i was banned. i've been around the forum since 2006 and had 5000 posts. never a problem child either and i get banned for -seemingly- no reason.... please look into this.

If i did violate BDC rules i apologize, please let me know what i did wrong so i can avoid doing it again in the future. Also if there is a way you could unban my account i would be grateful. i'd hate to lose my identity here because of a misunderstanding. account name MEF429.

mef, pike reported you during the gamethread for posting the alternate gamethread link. He's also reporting our posts.

yeah i gathered that one.. so he reported all my posts for the links and yet 90% of all of his posts have been bogus links..... talk about a hypocrite.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't care to take sides in this , but I will say that it is highly improper to come on the forum game thread and urge people to leave and join him on a different site. I have no idea if anyone reported this or not , but I think the moderators have every right to be unhappy with someone using the game thread to encourage posters to leave.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Folks, I don't know why the moderators blocked mef - I'll find out - but we don't ban for posting alternative game threads. I'll make sure the moderators understand that. I have restored him.

I will say, though, that all of this nonsense about who is Pike and who isn't is really tiring and annoying, especially to those who are just trying to have baseball discussions.

So please stop calling each other out. That's the real problem with this board.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

I'll talk to the moderators, but I know they are trying to stop you all from baiting the trolls. Calling them out is EXACTLY what they want. Please, please, please just ignore them.

Excellent advice.

As a very wise man once said, it's not the 5 posts by a so called troll that clutter up the threads, it's the 20 responses to each of the troll's posts.  I really don't know who's worse, the so called trolls, or the people who continue to go back and forth with posters that they insist are trolls. 

The obvious question is, if you know someone is a troll, why respond to them? 

Kimmi and Dottie nailed it.

I'm going to do my best not to encourage the idiots...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

I'll talk to the moderators, but I know they are trying to stop you all from baiting the trolls. Calling them out is EXACTLY what they want. Please, please, please just ignore them.

If you consider some of these people trolls, why don't you remove thier accounts? Especially those with multiple accounts. If you and the moderators know who these people are (and I'm sure you do), why continue to reward thier trollish behavior?

Dottie,

Why were my questions from yesterday not addressed? I respectfully ask again, why not remove the accounts of those you consider to be trolls, especially those with multiple accounts, while punishing those who oppose trollish behavior? Why are these aberrant personalities being allowed to tear this board apart?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

If you consider some of these people trolls, why don't you remove thier accounts? Especially those with multiple accounts. If you and the moderators know who these people are (and I'm sure you do), why continue to reward thier trollish behavior?

Dottie,

Why were my questions from yesterday not addressed? I respectfully ask again, why  not remove the accounts of those you consider to be trolls, especially those with multiple accounts, while punishing those who oppose trollish behavior? Why are these aberrant personalities being allowed to tear this board apart?

The "aberrant personalities" only have as much power as the other members give them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

you must be thinking of someone else pike. I have MLB TV and have no idea how to watch the game otherwise. If i could, i would watch every game for free as opposed to paying for MLB TV..

you reported me for posting a link to a simple chatroom... which turns out, is not against the rules.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

you must be thinking of someone else pike. I have MLB TV and have no idea how to watch the game otherwise. If i could, i would watch every game for free as opposed to paying for MLB TV..

you reported me for posting a link to a simple chatroom... which turns out, is not against the rules.

The illegal websites are full of malware. Were you aware of that?

It was advertising which is mentioned in the rules. It would draw posters away from BDC. I am surprised that your actions were sanctioned.

deal with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Folks, I don't know why the moderators blocked mef - I'll find out - but we don't ban for posting alternative game threads. I'll make sure the moderators understand that. I have restored him.

I will say, though, that all of this nonsense about who is Pike and who isn't is really tiring and annoying, especially to those who are just trying to have baseball discussions.

The larger issue regardless of who is pike is the destructive nature of some poster. There still no define set of rules of how the mods remove post. For the health of board this rules should be defined and publicly known. A bunch of poster left in 08 when the board shut down for a month, this is going to have the same effect. No rules and punishing good poster will drive folks away.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I agree with you 100% 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I agree with you 100% 

hey Missy!!!,,,,how are you??....nice to see you back..hope you are well :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Dottie

Has there been any consideration given to an on site moderator?? I think a poster who knows the history of the posters and the forum, would help alleviate some of the ongoing issues 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Dottie

Has there been any consideration given to an on site moderator?? I think a poster who knows the history of the posters and the forum, would help alleviate some of the ongoing issues 

+1000

appreciate the effort by the current mods but they aren't doing a very good job and damn near everyones taken notice... give it a shot, what's the worst that could happen?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Dottie

+1000

appreciate the effort by the current mods but they aren't doing a very good job and damn near everyones taken notice... give it a shot, what's the worst that could happen?

+10000

Only someone who is invested with this forum can really adequately judge who is contributing to it and who is detracting from it. I would suggest naming a few on site mods to increase the chances that one of them will be watching over what happens here. Its much too big a job for just one person. Clear rules for posting can be made on a sticky thread right at the top of the list of threads and the onsite mods can monitor who is or is not complying with the stated rules. Nominations for these positions can be taken from the group who post regularly here and those named as mods should be given the power to give vacations to individuals who cannot comply with common decency rules for a public forum. Just my opinion.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Dottie

+1000

+10000

Only someone who is invested with this forum can really adequately judge who is contributing to it and who is detracting from it. I would suggest naming a few on site mods to increase the chances that one of them will be watching over what happens here. Its much too big a job for just one person. Clear rules for posting can be made on a sticky thread right at the top of the list of threads and the onsite mods can monitor who is or is not complying with the stated rules. Nominations for these positions can be taken from the group who post regularly here and those named as mods should be given the power to give vacations to individuals who cannot comply with common decency rules for a public forum. Just my opinion.

good idea PG. maybe nominate 4-5 posters who are regulars here and then posters vote for 2 or 3 they would like to see have Mod status. To keep people with multiple accounts from voting more than once they could only count only posters with a set number of posts. The in-house mods would have restricted admin access. not able to perma-ban people like you mentioned PG but maybe be able to freeze their account for up to a week. Delete posts and/or lock threads. If BDC limits the ways they can potantially abuse the power the less likely that it will happen. Obviously they should only have mod access to the redsox forum only.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Dottie

+1000

+10000

good idea PG. maybe nominate 4-5 posters who are regulars here and then posters vote for 2 or 3 they would like to see have Mod status. To keep people with multiple accounts from voting more than once they could only count only posters with a set number of posts. The in-house mods would have restricted admin access. not able to perma-ban people like you mentioned PG but maybe be able to freeze their account for up to a week. Delete posts and/or lock threads. If BDC limits the ways they can potantially abuse the power the less likely that it will happen. Obviously they should only have mod access to the redsox forum only.

I was a mod at a different forum for about six months. Its a lot of work. You have to give them some sort of restricted admin priviledges (ie some teeth) or this will not work. I can think of several people here who would do a good job at it, if they are willing. I don't think anyone can permaban posters here because no one is banned based on their IP address and as you said elsewhere, even that can be changed.

Dottie? What do you think?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i run my own forum for online gaming so i hear ya. although on that all the people i have to deal with are actual friends so i rarely have to step in have give someone the business. But on that, it's set up so i can see any action the mods take so i know if someone is abusing their power. If BDC has something similar they can keep track of the in-house mods and make sure they are doing their job correctly