Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

you must be thinking of someone else pike. I have MLB TV and have no idea how to watch the game otherwise. If i could, i would watch every game for free as opposed to paying for MLB TV..

you reported me for posting a link to a simple chatroom... which turns out, is not against the rules.

The illegal websites are full of malware. Were you aware of that?

It was advertising which is mentioned in the rules. It would draw posters away from BDC. I am surprised that your actions were sanctioned.

Apparently, its you that need to learn the rules. Dottie even said it was fine.

If you can post  MLB.com, advertising their baseball package, then I see no reason why you should be so upset enough to try and get mef banned for posting a perfectly acceptable baseball chat. Your board police routine is very stale.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would be willing to do the job. I believe I would be fair and unbiased.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

And I would vote to have you as a mod here. Still waiting to see how Dottie responds to this. Maybe we could do it on a trial basis and if it works out, make it permanent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

And I would vote to have you as a mod here. Still waiting to see how Dottie responds to this. Maybe we could do it on a trial basis and if it works out, make it permanent.

i think its worth a try. Give a few regular posters certain hours to moderate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I would make it less formal to accomodate posters' personal schedules. When they are here, they moderate; when they are not, the hired guns do it. They should be given the capability to communicate privately to discuss potential "vacations" from the board in the event there is a question about how a situation should be handled. And they should be allowed to issue warnings before banning people.

Still waiting to hear from Dottie......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I second that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would make it less formal to accomodate posters' personal schedules. When they are here, they moderate; when they are not, the hired guns do it. They should be given the capability to communicate privately to discuss potential "vacations" from the board in the event there is a question about how a situation should be handled. And they should be allowed to issue warnings before banning people.

Still waiting to hear from Dottie......

Good thinking PG. You should write up some of those suggestions/plan of action for Dottie (if you already havent) and have them ready to go. It really is a good idea to have the board at least partially police itself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

you must be thinking of someone else pike. I have MLB TV and have no idea how to watch the game otherwise. If i could, i would watch every game for free as opposed to paying for MLB TV..

you reported me for posting a link to a simple chatroom... which turns out, is not against the rules.

It was advertising which is mentioned in the rules. It would draw posters away from BDC. I am surprised that your actions were sanctioned.

If you can post  MLB.com, advertising their baseball package, then I see no reason why you should be so upset enough to try and get mef banned for posting a perfectly acceptable baseball chat. Your board police routine is very stale.

If you walk into a bar full of Red Sox fans and inform them that tonight's game is on TV and inform them what channel it is on, is that detrimental to anyone? Does the owner and bartender get upset with you and street you? If some patrons of the bar have to leave early and you tell them what radio station the game is on, is that detrimental to anyone?

However if the crowd is watching the game and you encourage them to go to the bar down the street for whatever reason then wouldn't the owner and bartender have reason to be upset because they would lose lose business?

I fail to see why you think that providing lists of TV and radio stations, giving a link to schedules and game calendars, listing options on how to watch  or listen MLB and list their relative costs is so evil in your mind. Is it also wrong to provide website URLs for the Pawsox and Seadogs? Please explain to all of us why this will ruin the forum. I thought that I was providing a useful service to Red Sox fans on a Red Sox forum, information that would be useful to them. Would you rebel if BDC put such links on the forum page

Your alternate "gamethread site" may be a gamethread in theory but last night it was a room for a staff meeting for a minority of posters who are for ulterior motives unhappy with the new BDC moderation. You went to that site to plan a strategy to return to forum to its former state of anarchy and chaos. Your group want the less moderation because you find that to be more entertaining, you said that the other night. Go back to your staff meeting and waste your time.

Whatever happened to what J-Bay said last month that " the more moderation, the better"? Now he does an about face. MEF429 is banned on Monday, apologizes, pleads to get his old moniker back, Dottie conceded to him and the next day ( see above) he blasts Dottie and BDC for doing a terrible job at moderating. What nerve, the audacity, ungratiosness, can you believe that?

Noo, I don't think that you, MEF429, or J-Bay qualify to be moderators.

I would propose the candidates with the most "yes votes" win. If there are enough people interested. I think we only need three or so. You will get your vote Pike, as will everyone else, hopefully.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If you walk into a bar full of Red Sox fans and inform them that tonight's game is on TV and inform them what channel it is on, is that detrimental to anyone? Does the owner and bartender get upset with you and street you? If some patrons of the bar have to leave early and you tell them what radio station the game is on, is that detrimental to anyone?

However if the crowd is watching the game and you encourage them to go to the bar down the street for whatever reason then wouldn't the owner and bartender have reason to be upset because they would lose lose business?

I fail to see why you think that providing lists of TV and radio stations, giving a link to schedules and game calendars, listing options on how to watch  or listen MLB and list their relative costs is so evil in your mind. Is it also wrong to provide website URLs for the Pawsox and Seadogs? Please explain to all of us why this will ruin the forum. I thought that I was providing a useful service to Red Sox fans on a Red Sox forum, information that would be useful to them. Would you rebel if BDC put such links on the forum page

Your alternate "gamethread site" may be a gamethread in theory but last night it was a room for a staff meeting for a minority of posters who are for ulterior motives unhappy with the new BDC moderation. You went to that site to plan a strategy to return to forum to its former state of anarchy and chaos. Your group want the less moderation because you find that to be more entertaining, you said that the other night. Go back to your staff meeting and waste your time.

Whatever happened to what J-Bay said last month that " the more moderation, the better"? Now he does an about face. MEF429 is banned on Monday, apologizes, pleads to get his old moniker back, Dottie conceded to him and the next day ( see above) he blasts Dottie and BDC for doing a terrible job at moderating. What nerve, the audacity, ungratiosness, can you believe that?

Listen, just because you dont like the rules you dont have to write a book in response to me. I didnt even read past the 1st sentence. It is what it is. You argued he was advertising and all I said was that you were too. and you were. If Mefs post is fine, then yours is fine as well. If you think mefs post is against the rules, then yours is too. simple.

As far as you not thinking im qualified, thats your opinion. But Im sure if you ask a lot of posters here they would tell you that Im pretty balanced and fair.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I would propose the candidates with the most "yes votes" win. If there are enough people interested. I think we only need three or so. You will get your vote Pike, as will everyone else, hopefully.

BDC responds to the Globe and the NY Times and not to a group of one hundred old men.  They take the risks and provide a free forum for you.  It is their ballfield, ball, bats, and gloves. You people have no say in it at all.

what do you mean YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

You have my vote,  paw. Thanks  for the laugh, pumpsie.  you will get your vote Pike.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

You have my vote, paw.thanks for the laugh, pumpsie,. You will get your vote Pike

i do think if this were to happen that only posters with X amount of posts (or service time) should be able to vote. if not, what's stopping someone from creating 10 names and voting?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

You have my vote, paw.thanks for the laugh, pumpsie,. You will get your vote Pike

i do think if this were to happen that only posters with X amount of posts (or service time) should be able to vote. if not, what's stopping someone from creating 10 names and voting?

As we know mef, nothing. I think BDC may decide and we won't know who it is. May cause too much divide.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

I vote Pike for moderator. He has years of experience playing pretend board police, and with his 62 bannings and counting he is an expert in the rules, inside and out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

As we know mef, nothing. I think BDC weill decide and we won't know who it is. May cause too much divide.

i agree with that too. i mean, look how much flak Pike gave you when he thought that you were a mod.....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Count DAD & 806 in !!!!1   We must take back this board from all the "MOONBATS"  !!!  What say you ?????

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Good point MEF...you are right: people with more than one screen name are still just one person and it would be difficult to make sure those people get just one vote. I think Dottie probably has a good idea of who is generally respected here and who is not. I would trust that she would choose wisely. I do think her choices, in the interest of transparency, should be made public.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

we might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves though.. let's here what she has to say about the idea first

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Good point MEF...you are right: people with more than one screen name are still just one person and it would be difficult to make sure those people get just one vote. I think Dottie probably has a good idea of who is generally respected here and who is not. I would trust that she would choose wisely. I do think her choices, in the interest of transparency, should be made public.

Multiple voting was good enough for the presidential election, so why not here?

Sections
Shortcuts