Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Anyone else seeing their posts several minutes after posting? It's 10:45 now, this might show up by midnight.

the entire forum seems to be updating like that. check the "latest post" timer

37 seconds ago by ampoule

i waited 2 minutes and refreshed the frontpage, 9 minutes ago by ampoule

so the site took at least 8 minuted before it updated all the new posts.

Shouldn't bother you ....... You & Conan just deliver childish junk to this board anyway !!

you know, that really hurts my feelings Bill..... i don't say anything to you that doesn't warrant it so please give me the same treatment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I'm having the same problem with the board reporting wrong screen names / causing me to duplicate post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

What is going on with this site?  It keeps telling me I'm someone else?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

My security program keeps telling me this site is unsafe!

Now it says 2 people are spying on me?

What in god's name is going on with BDC?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

If you would like to post, please click 

here

to create a screen name.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

The forum format looks completely different. I'm noticing I have supposedly "chosen to ignore" posts from around a dozen people. And my screen name was someone elses for awhile. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Very odd. The moment I sent the post above this one, everything sorted itself out and is back to normal. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

What in the hell is this thread for?  It often takes 4 - 7 days to get a response.

Pizzin in the wind.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

got a post deleted from several months ago.  I guess someone is going thru my threads with a fine tooth comb

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

There are a many glitches with the site right now. Even I've had occasional posts removed inadvertently...Dottie has explained at length that they are working on these glitches. I would never assume that because a comment was deleted that someone is "going through my threads with a fine tooth comb"...first of all..because no one should be that interested and second because if you click on anyone's home page..your's included..you can only see the last 10 comments or so..a feature I really like.  I wouldn't read too much into comments or posts being removed at this point. It is clear to see they are obviously making changes to the site.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

intrresting that you claim that you do not have time to keep up with the latest news on ortiz, yet you post on every ortiz thread. now i see that once again you are on a first name basis with the site moderator. now i see why once again, why harmless comments directed at you get removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Good morning everyone,

Did any of you have trouble logging in during the past few days?

Both at work and at home, I had trouble logging in.  I wanted to talk with you guys how the Red Sox are red hot right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I have had trouble logging in at home......Today Iceman name shows up on forum main page...but when I click a particular thread it shows me as NewEnglanderinexile ......a name not mine and one I have never used.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Test post....my posts aren't even going on

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

disregard...that first post was delayed though

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Heres a crazy idea I had. It goes back to having poster as a board moderator.

Now, I dont think it will happen but I wanted to share the idea anyway. What if we had the ability to police our own threads. Say if I create a thread and someone like pike, softy, or Bill going all political, come in and try to hijack it or something. I have the ability to remove their post. Might cut down on some of the BS around here. If the trolls of the board know their posts will be gone of certain threads they will stop posting or at least post something constructive. When starting the thread you get admin. privileges for said thread.

Im sure there are negatives too, but I wanted to bounce the idea off some of you and get some feedback.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I been around seven different monikers myself ... that, and the posting issues, have rendered this site broken.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Are you folks ever going to let us know what the problem is?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

what's up with the multiple aliases?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

what's up with the multiple aliases?

I had to open this one when my husband was exiled.  :(    He was having withdrawals, so I let him post a few things on my new page.  We often collaborate.  When he was calling out Stiffy for his Socio-P garbage, BDC decided to ban him instead of that Soft & Stiff character. 

Rediculous but true!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts