Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

This site is a mess.

Half the time I have no window to post in and have to refresh 8-10 times to get one.

The other day, it showed I was spaceman, then someone else up at the top, and wouldn't let me post.

Some threads when you click add post, it does nothing. Sometimes if you click it again it double posts, other times it does not.

This site is going downhill fast, and will be losing the few good posters it has soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

How about doing something with that waste of life posing as Frank from Gloucester (FrankFromGL). Hes now resorted to personal attacks on posters (Moonslav59) besides just coming here to troll this forum. He brings nothing to this forum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we all know this site has more bugs in it than a radical mosque in Islamabad, BUT I am starting to get the feeling that this is by design....frustrate us with these technical problems and then offer an upgraded forum room for a fee.....smart plan I say....once again my ability to see things ahead of us is Nostradamus like...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Except for the fact that Nostradamus was a fraud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

...but Nietzsche had it all together ...

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

LOL

Nietzsche could be rather poetic....but the guy was insane..I think his brain was fried as a result of STD's. By all accounts his life was a train wreck...lol

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

LOL

He may have been a lot of things, but not a fraud.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

LOL

No...not a fraud at all. He was an incredibly genuine philospher. I've enjoyed his prose..even if his ideas sometimes terrify me!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

LOL

There's a little fraud in every philosopher. :)

I really shoudn't laugh at the poor soul. An absolutely brilliant mind who acclomplished so much early in life to end up like he did was nothing short of tragic. There's some speculation as to the reason for his severe mental collapse but no one is really sure. It just goes to show that we should never take anything for granted and be grateful every day for the good things we have.

As for Nostradamus... seer, fraud, devil, alien visitor? Prophesy or the ravings of a mad man? Who can say?  Can't compare the the two. Apples and pomegranates.

Peace.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

LOL

There's a little fraud in every philosopher. :)

I really shoudn't laugh at the poor soul. An absolutely brilliant mind who acclomplished so much early in life to end up like he did was nothing short of tragic. There's some speculation as to the reason for his severe mental collapse but no one is really sure. It just goes to show that we should never take anything for granted and be grateful every day for the good things we have.

As for Nostradamus... seer, fraud, devil, alien visitor? Prophesy or the ravings of a mad man? Who can say?  Can't compare the the two. Apples and pomegranates.

Peace.

Apples and pomegranates...nice comparison :-) It is commonly thought that Eve tempted Adam not with an apple but with a pomegranate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I accidentally managed to ignore myself - great forum!

You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT-. Show BurritoT-'s posts

Too funny  LOL....did you have touble unignoring yourself?  Unignoring seems to be a problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

OK...my curiosity has been aroused about this Nietzsche fellow.  Although not into philosophy, I'd be interested in reading his autobiography.  More than one is available thru Amazon...any recommendations out there?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

OK...my curiosity has been aroused about this Nietzsche fellow.  Although not into philosophy, I'd be interested in reading his autobiography.  More than one is available thru Amazon...any recommendations out there?

I would recommend the one by Salome. Most of the others seem to be interpretations of what the author surmised that Nietzsche was thinking. This one is somewhat as well..but from a more interesting perspective.

If you want to read something that Nietzsche wrote..I recommend Thus Spoke Zarathustra.  of the few Neitzsche works that I've read..I enjoyed this the most. The prose is very poetic and the contrast between his philosophy and his writing style is nothing short of brilliant. Will to Power will also give you a pretty good picture of his philosophy. He is anti-Christian so reading him was a little tough to take for me...but nevertheless brilliant for someone who clearly had mental issues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I would recommend the one by Salome. Most of the others seem to be interpretations of what the author surmised that Nietzsche was thinking. This one is somewhat as well..but from a more interesting perspective.

If you want to read something that Nietzsche wrote..I recommend Thus Spoke Zarathustra.  of the few Neitzsche works that I've read..I enjoyed this the most. The prose is very poetic and the contrast between his philosophy and his writing style is nothing short of brilliant. Will to Power will also give you a pretty good picture of his philosophy. He is anti-Christian so reading him was a little tough to take for me...but nevertheless brilliant for someone who clearly had mental issues.

Thank you for the information.

Please understand that I was a science major and worked in the medical field my whole life. The difference between philosophy and pharmacy is like organic chemistry and shakespeare.

So, although I can understand that for you 'prose is very poetic' etc., for me, anything requiring any subjective interpretation is impossible.  My wife has a double liberal arts major and we're always joking about our differences.  I read about Tesla, and she thinks it's a bore..:)

This being said, do you still think the Salome work is best suited for me?

Again, thank you for the response and no disrespect is intended.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Please understand that I was a science major and worked in the medical field my whole life. The difference between philosophy and pharmacy is like organic chemistry and shakespeare.

So, although I can understand that for you 'prose is very poetic' etc., for me, anything requiring any subjective interpretation is impossible.  My wife has a double liberal arts major and we're always joking about our differences.  I read about Tesla, and she thinks it's a bore..:)

Haha..to funny Ampoule. I get you. In your case I would try  Keith Ansell Pearson's  Nietzsche as a Political Thinker. Very interesting and straightforward. If you do wind up reading it let me know what you think. If you decide you want to read something written by Nietzsche let me know and I will try to think of something more straightforward ( such as it is..lol) to recommend..but I think you will enjoy Pearson's book.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Haha..to funny Ampoule. I get you. In your case I would try  Keith Ansell Pearson's  Nietzsche as a Political Thinker. Very interesting and straightforward. If you do wind up reading it let me know what you think. If you decide you want to read something written by Nietzsche let me know and I will try to think of something more straightforward ( such as it is..lol) to recommend..but I think you will enjoy Pearson's book.

Thank you, Miscricket.  I'll keep you posted.  Don't hold your breath though because I usually spend my day maintaining the property(I'm the handyman, cook, and gardener) and late afternoons(PCT) we're watching the Sox.     Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

////

Sections
Shortcuts