Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

OK...my curiosity has been aroused about this Nietzsche fellow.  Although not into philosophy, I'd be interested in reading his autobiography.  More than one is available thru Amazon...any recommendations out there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

OK...my curiosity has been aroused about this Nietzsche fellow.  Although not into philosophy, I'd be interested in reading his autobiography.  More than one is available thru Amazon...any recommendations out there?

I would recommend the one by Salome. Most of the others seem to be interpretations of what the author surmised that Nietzsche was thinking. This one is somewhat as well..but from a more interesting perspective.

If you want to read something that Nietzsche wrote..I recommend Thus Spoke Zarathustra.  of the few Neitzsche works that I've read..I enjoyed this the most. The prose is very poetic and the contrast between his philosophy and his writing style is nothing short of brilliant. Will to Power will also give you a pretty good picture of his philosophy. He is anti-Christian so reading him was a little tough to take for me...but nevertheless brilliant for someone who clearly had mental issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I would recommend the one by Salome. Most of the others seem to be interpretations of what the author surmised that Nietzsche was thinking. This one is somewhat as well..but from a more interesting perspective.

If you want to read something that Nietzsche wrote..I recommend Thus Spoke Zarathustra.  of the few Neitzsche works that I've read..I enjoyed this the most. The prose is very poetic and the contrast between his philosophy and his writing style is nothing short of brilliant. Will to Power will also give you a pretty good picture of his philosophy. He is anti-Christian so reading him was a little tough to take for me...but nevertheless brilliant for someone who clearly had mental issues.

Thank you for the information.

Please understand that I was a science major and worked in the medical field my whole life. The difference between philosophy and pharmacy is like organic chemistry and shakespeare.

So, although I can understand that for you 'prose is very poetic' etc., for me, anything requiring any subjective interpretation is impossible.  My wife has a double liberal arts major and we're always joking about our differences.  I read about Tesla, and she thinks it's a bore..:)

This being said, do you still think the Salome work is best suited for me?

Again, thank you for the response and no disrespect is intended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Please understand that I was a science major and worked in the medical field my whole life. The difference between philosophy and pharmacy is like organic chemistry and shakespeare.

So, although I can understand that for you 'prose is very poetic' etc., for me, anything requiring any subjective interpretation is impossible.  My wife has a double liberal arts major and we're always joking about our differences.  I read about Tesla, and she thinks it's a bore..:)

Haha..to funny Ampoule. I get you. In your case I would try  Keith Ansell Pearson's  Nietzsche as a Political Thinker. Very interesting and straightforward. If you do wind up reading it let me know what you think. If you decide you want to read something written by Nietzsche let me know and I will try to think of something more straightforward ( such as it is..lol) to recommend..but I think you will enjoy Pearson's book.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Haha..to funny Ampoule. I get you. In your case I would try  Keith Ansell Pearson's  Nietzsche as a Political Thinker. Very interesting and straightforward. If you do wind up reading it let me know what you think. If you decide you want to read something written by Nietzsche let me know and I will try to think of something more straightforward ( such as it is..lol) to recommend..but I think you will enjoy Pearson's book.

Thank you, Miscricket.  I'll keep you posted.  Don't hold your breath though because I usually spend my day maintaining the property(I'm the handyman, cook, and gardener) and late afternoons(PCT) we're watching the Sox.     Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

////

Sections
Shortcuts