Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Leftymcrighty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please look at the numerous posts and tell me that all these

"quote" "quote" lines make this a readable site.

It's a headache to try to get through a thread, because of this.

Whose idea was this, anyway? It's awful!

[/QUOTE]

I like being able to respond to a certain post by hitting "Reply to this post," as I just did, and posting my comment under a quote from the post I am responding to.  I remember a time when you could not do this.  You had to copy and paste what you were responding to.  The reply button is so much more convenient.  But it should be automatic that the only quote that comes up in your response is the last one in the post you are responding to.  That seems programmably doable.  Problem would be solved. 

That said, posters could do this on their own, by eliminating all the previous quotes they are not responding to.  I have done this because I agree wholeheartedly with you.  It is extremely hard to read posts, which keep getting longer and longer as posters go back and forth responding to one another.

[/QUOTE]
    Great post Parhunter. Until BDC recognizes the problem and resolves it, the only solution is to copy the post that you are responding to, paste it to a new post by you, and then type your response below it. It is unbelievable that BDC doesn't recognize it as a serious problem.To copy - highlight the previous post that you want to copy, right click and choose copy. You then start a new post and right click and choose paste. You then type in your response below it. After you do this once, it will be second nature.

[/QUOTE]

Everyone here knows how to cut and paste but we prefer to add to the post because it disturbs you (more if that's possible).

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like being able to respond to a certain post by hitting "Reply to this post," as I just did, and posting my comment under a quote from the post I am responding to.  I remember a time when you could not do this.  You had to copy and paste what you were responding to.  The reply button is so much more convenient.  But it should be automatic that the only quote that comes up in your response is the last one in the post you are responding to.  That seems programmably doable.  Problem would be solved. 

That said, posters could do this on their own, by eliminating all the previous quotes they are not responding to.  I have done this because I agree wholeheartedly with you.  It is extremely hard to read posts, which keep getting longer and longer as posters go back and forth responding to one another.

[/QUOTE]
    Great post Parhunter. Until BDC recognizes the problem and resolves it, the only solution is to copy the post that you are responding to, paste it to a new post by you, and then type your response below it. It is unbelievable that BDC doesn't recognize it as a serious problem.To copy - highlight the previous post that you want to copy, right click and choose copy. You then start a new post and right click and choose paste. You then type in your response below it. After you do this once, it will be second nature.

[/QUOTE]

How is that done again pike?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

NO MORE PRIVATE PROFILES. It only works against Sox fans. You should be able to see what a poster's history is before you respond. And it would also help to keep posters like "Ben Cheringtom" from continuing to post insulting comments without actually engaging in any converation about the Sox. He's not a Sox fan and his history would prove it.

Smelly-behind had a private profile

Law2009 had a private profile

There is no reason to have a private profile here. If you don't want posters to read it, don't create it. Your comments should be accessable. If they're not, that should be suspicious.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, pretty awesome.

pike, none of your numerous posts tonight have anything to do with baseball, much less the bosox.

Do you even think before hitting the "enter" key?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Time to ban pike again.... troll axe is out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

"EdithBRTN" also has a blank profile, as do several other accounts I've clicked on that were set up in the last couple of months. I wonder if it's coincidence or something that's happening automatically on new accounts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two great points. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

The quotes problem is huge.

[/QUOTE]

Walk us through the work-around one more time pike.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

pike my right clicker fails periodically, what should I do when it occurs?

I hate to add to the previous post but sometimes it is really difficult not to.

And how about a refresher course on the computer short cut keys used for cut and paste for our mouseless posters.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Do you have a Mac or a PC?

On a PC, I use CTRL C for copy and CTRL V for paste.

If you mouse doesn't respond to a Rt. click:

I would suggest using paper towelling when you eat chicken wings and pizza while surfing the web.  Windex with ammonia does a fine job in cleaning your greasy mouse. Use it on your greasy keyboard also when your computer is powered off.

Mice are available for $.50 at rummage sales, thrift shops, and yard sales. Windows should have no trouble recognizing a new mouse and should install the necessary drivers automatically.

Have a pleasant evening. Don't leave the cat outside in this cold weather - below zero tonight. Run the water for a while during the night to prevent the pipes in the cellar from freezing.

[/QUOTE]

Never mind, I'll just continue to add to your posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see an option that the person starting the thread could stop the thread. When there are three of the same title or topic and you come to that realization you should be able to pull the plug on your own creation.

[/QUOTE]

In addition perhaps there could be an alphabetical selection process:

Ex. if you wanted to start a new thread about David Ortiz--click on either "D" or "O" and it would show you the still active threads on David Ortiz.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

EdithBRTN NEXT ON THE CHOP BLOCK and then his second current alias Kitzingen

25. This post has been removed.