Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Zac and 2004Idiots are wizards with Photoshop. The Dirtdogs section of the Globe has staff that excell at that also. Perhaps Zac should get a job there or contact out to them.

Perhaps he already has, because they are all him! Dun Dun Dun...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Dottie, can you look into an issue with the posting feature?

sometimes, after you type your response and click "add your post" nothing will happen, the page won't reload, you get no indication that your post has been added. And yet, it really is added. Oftentimes people will keep clicking the "add your post" button and we wind up having 5-25 posts in a row.

I have no idea why this happens but it seems to only do it on certain threads. like this one: http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/j-upton-market-was-cheap-low-quality-and-typical-quantity-incompetent-cherry-you-should-have-deal-set-with-our-without-braves/100/6520831?page=2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Another issue that I think deserves public clarification Dottie: why are so many posts getting deleted while others that are clearly either provocative or personal in nature are allowed to remain?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Another issue that I think deserves public clarification Dottie: why are so many posts getting deleted while others that are clearly either provocative or personal in nature are allowed to remain?"

Agreed. Deleting random posts doesn't work and is not nearly transparent enough. Baffled as to this new tactic. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"you STILL haven't answered my question pike...... if this place is so bad why do you keep coming here day in and day out just to whine about the state of the forum?"

This is the riddle at the heart of the annoying mystery of Pike. This forum is going down the tubes (for him) and he is somehow savoring every sweet second of his own misery as he watches it happen, powerless to change its course. 

The odd thing is Pike seems to equate an incredible importance to the ultimate fate of this forum when in fact it's just one of many places you could talk baseball and Red Sox baseball. The fate of the Lakers or Celtics forum concerns him not at all, but this forum is equivalent to the loss of Western Civilization if it goes down. 

By the way BDC, the inability to edit your own posts needs to be added high on the fix list. Thx!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

BTS, you can edit your own post. you just have to enter some characters into the title space or it will give you an error. and Dottie already said the techs are working on it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike needs this particular forum more than any of us... he seemingly is entwined in its fiber.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

"you STILL haven't answered my question pike...... if this place is so bad why do you keep coming here day in and day out just to whine about the state of the forum?" surely you can find another forum that meets your standards

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

"you STILL haven't answered my question pike...... if this place is so bad why do you keep coming here day in and day out just to whine about the state of the forum?" surely you can find another forum that meets your standards

stop deflecting and answer the question please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

My last post was directed at Pumpsie for his previous comment. Please try to keep up. Here it is once again.:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Another issue that I think deserves public clarification Dottie: why are so many posts getting deleted while others that are clearly either provocative or personal in nature are allowed to remain?

???? Have you read every post that was deleted by BDC? That must mean that you are here 24/7 and read every single post and documented them before they were later deleted. The only other explanation is that you made a digital copy of every thread every ten minutes and had them in a database that you could refer to after specific posts got deleted. I doubt that. You are making a value judgement on posts that got deleted when you don't have the facts. With a medical degree, one would expect you to be more logical.

Your second point is that many posts that are procative or personal in nature are allowed to remain. What do you consider to be provacative or personal. When the new troll named Triumph ( previosly BenCherringtom / Yazzer) says that you were banned from Talksox.com and Sawxheads, is that fact or provacative? Were you in fact banned there? Why? Is identifying crybabies ( Carnie does it) or whiners ( many now do it now ) or pretenders / liars ( Moonslav does it) considered by you to be provative or personal. Many here are calling Zillagod and DGalehouse a whiner / chronic wet blanket ( Spaceman and Redsoxdirtdog), is that provacative or the truth? You are known from your behavior at Talksox.com that you are the master of juvenile, abusive, nicknames for Sox players. Is exposing that fact a BDC violation?

The forum needs to police itself. It was previously done by a few and is now being done by many more. The pretenders, liars, phonies, enablers, need to be exposed. Nothing wrong with that and it is not a BDC violation.

Pike, of course I am not reading deleted posts. I am simply noting the number of them that ARE being deleted and am wondering what criteria were used in the decision to delete them. That would be helpful to many of us here. It is not me who gets to decide (nor do I WANT to be the one to decide, in contrast to what KST thinks) which posts ought to go. Someone else is deciding that and I think the criteria for banning posters and deleting posts should be a bit more clear. As far as I know no one appointed you BDC Policeman of the Year. In fact, several posters have stated that it bothers them that you think that is your job here-more so than to discuss baseball. Yet you continue to do it. You figure that out.

As for Triumph, he is a classic troll, someone who contributes nothing to the discussions but seeks only (and generally unsuccessfully) to provoke other posters into joining his personal rants. I just ignore him, in general, as that works well for me.

I am not going to comment now or ever on TalkSox other than to say that life goes on. That is history. I am trying to address you in an adult manner and not make this into something personal, and I would appreciate it if you could do the same.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

From my observation at reading many threads where posts were deleted is that such posts were political, non-Red Sox related, personal, juvenile insults, about football, or full of hatred. BDC doesn't have to tell the forum why each post was deleted, that would be very time consuming. You structured your argument about " provocative and personal posts" are not deleted vs, those that were deleted. Thus you are contasting vs. something that you had no clue about. Then you fail to define what you think is "procative and personal". You made the determination that Triumph is a troll. What are your criteria for making that determination? Are there others who parallel what Triumph does here? Who falls into that category in your opinion. Are you a policeman by singling out Triumph? Why not send your criteria about policing the forum to BDC? Were you provative, insulting, and trollish over at Talksox? Why were you banned there?

I think we covered this topic sufficiently. Back to baseball Pike.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

It is good that BDC is filtering out the nonsense posts. Even J-Bay agrees with that. Back to baseball and please try to comment on threads about our prospects and threads started by Notin and Moonslav instead of those started by Georom, Zac, Babe, Softlaw, and Enchilada that only try to bait those who come here only for conflict. I am sure that you agree with me. Let's not have an environment sinilar to that of Talksox. Right?  We don't need every thread to get hijacked into a pizzing contest. Right?

With all due respect, I plan to comment on the threads I choose to comment on.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike why do you attack moonslav59 so often?  Is everyone a target for you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

pike why do you attack moonslav59 so often?  Is everyone a target for you?

That post is so hilarious since you are Softlaw's best bud.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts