Report: Sox' Henry tells Francona he's gone-decision was Henry's and not general manager Theo Epstein's.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Re: Report: Sox' Henry tells Francona he's gone-decision was Henry's and not general manager Theo Epstein's.

Told you all, the firing was from John Henry, not Theo.

Samething with the free agents signing, Theo was forced to signed Lackey and Crawford which it was ordered by Henry.

That is why I kept saying that we need to tell John that he need to leave these upper management people alone cuz he ruined everything!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Report: Sox' Henry tells Francona he's gone-decision was Henry's and not general manager Theo Epstein's.

I don't beleive a word that comes out of Theo or John Henry's mouth. I think Tito is the one leaving because he couldn't stand the guys he had to manage; notice it was Theo who stood up for Lackey yesterday in the presser, not Tito.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

new blood is good for tha Boston fans!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

dont believe a word
    this is all duck and cover  so the sell out will continue

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Sox' Henry tells Francona he's gone-decision was Henry's and not general manager Theo Epstein's.:
    new blood is good for tha Boston fans!!!
    Posted by bballfan99

Depends on who it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

Disappointed as I liked Francona.
    Two World Series wins was not enough.
    This melt down was not Francona, it was the bozo who signed these other bozos that can't play. 
    Gandhi could've been the manager and he would've lost patience with Lackey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Sox' Henry tells Francona he's gone-decision was Henry's and not general manager Theo Epstein's.:
    Told you all, the firing was from John Henry, not Theo. Samething with the free agents signing, Theo was forced to signed Lackey and Crawford which it was ordered by Henry. That is why I kept saying that we need to tell John that he need to leave these upper management people alone cuz he ruined everything!!
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda
    I don't buy at all that the Lackey signing came from the ownership group. Crawford, yes. Falling ratings etc. made the ownership demand a big splash last winter. But Lackey was Theo's IMHO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If the manager can't effectively manage the players signed by the GM, then the manager needs to go.

It's John Henry's team.  He can manage it or mismanage it as he sees fit.  If his employees can't of won't do what he wants, then they need to go.  Not sying that the right thing for the organization, but that's the way it works.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Overall, Tito did very well by the Red Sox.  Two WS championships for which most of the RS Nation should be greatful. 

Unfortunately, circumstances have changed.  The players became somewhat complacent, lost their hunger or sense of urgency.  Several were clearly out of shape.  Quite a few seemed to have forgotten the fundamentals of the game.  Perhaps, Tito tried to address these things behind closed doors though it's more likely that he did it with kid gloves - the players' manager thing.

Given the putrid performance to start and close the season, a different approach is called for, one that emphasizes responsibility and accountability.  I, for one, believe Tito is not suited for an enforcer-type role. 

If a corporation wants to maintain its competitive edge and succeed ongoingly, it needs to adapt to changing circumstances.  Sometimes, those changes have to be made at senior managerial level.  Same deal with baseball teams.  I'm not surprised that Henry may have driven this decision.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

This is good news. If it is true John Henry has left himself the option of firing Theo next. If he wasn't considering that, then he would have directed Theo to inform Tito his option was not being picked up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

I agree with the mentioned thoughts that if the employees are not doing what the boss wants, the employees have to go.  Every successful business is run that same way.

If Francona is gone ALL of Red Sox Nation should wish him well.  His style seemed to work for most of his tenure in Boston.  Certainly, his style worked exceptionally well with the 2004 team which ALL Sox fans will remember forever.

The next manager will have a lot of work to do, but that is probably the nature of the position even if you just won a World Series as every year is a new year in all sports.

Demarlo Hale could be a good choice, but he has been very close to Francona for a bunch of years.

Sections
Shortcuts