Report: Sox looking to upgrade at catcher, not happy with salty

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Report: Sox looking to upgrade at catcher, not happy with salty

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

If the team desires to move Salty then unless Brian McCann is walking through the door I say we go Lav/Ross.  Montero was on my wish list but I believe he is locked in with AZ.

Lav can learn best at the MLB level now, Ross can educate him on D and the rest of the line-up can carry the load for offense until Lav starts to produce.

I wonder if Lav has been asked to grab a first-basemens glove yet.

If they do decide to trade Salty, I would probably go Ross/Lavarnway too and promote Vasquez to AAA. I would probably try to package him in a deal with a prospect to get a better return other than some old vet or returning from being injured catcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Moonshemp, in your prevarication attempt, you have a fatal problem in the fact that another poster independently confirmed that I wanted Ross to be the starter, over Salty. That poster has disagreed wtih me almost as much as you have prevaricated in your catatonic low self esteem trolling.

Nothing wrong with a backup catcher who is a fielding butcher being the backup catcher who pinch hits and is replaced in the late innings for defensive purposes. Not that you would understand that, since you think that Varitek was a CERA voodoo guy who coudn't hit or field in the last two years of his welfare years.

So Softlaw2 has been here since 2008. How interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moonshemp, in your prevarication attempt, you have a fatal problem in the fact that another poster independently confirmed that I wanted Ross to be the starter, over Salty. That poster has disagreed wtih me almost as much as you have prevaricated in your catatonic low self esteem trolling.

When we signed Ross, you called him a career back-up catcher. You complained he was way overpaid and was not a "starter profile" cathcer. You complained how he never played FT, and it was a waste of money.

Your hatred of Salty and refusal to think any player you hate can improve is your fatal flaw. Your hatred for Salty may have caused yo to say you would start Ross instead of Salty, but at the time we signed him, you were not saying he should be our FT starting catcher.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy quotes after the signing:

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Varitek was an expensive mentor that didn't work out at all. It's not necessary to pay 6 million dollars to find a catcher mentor. Rick Dempsey will do that for less, and so will Varitek. The market for catcher mentors isn't 6 million.

Now, he is saying Ross was a "good value signing".

Later, he started a post and wrote this:

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

I condemn the market offer to Shane (See Pagan and Pods and R. Johnson and G. Sizemore and Kalish) Value F-  Fit C+  (This is pathetic, even though I"m numb in the fallout of the Crawford incompetence, et al. I would have scoffed at this guy and stated, before the fact, that this guy was a one year 3M platoon profile)

I would not sign Napoli beyond 2 and base 10 and do not approve the 3 and base 13 market offer, but I can live with the signing because he is a fit and is only base 3 and term 1 over pay of 19M over 3 years or 6M a year overpay. That's quite good for the incompetent Cherry (See 2 non-top 6 ranked Red Sox prospects for VMart or 2M for one year and an option on Loney and bench profile Gomez) Value D  Fit B+  (I had him as option 2, but not at that price. I would not have acquired him)

I would not have gone beyond one year and base 3 for Gomes, and I don't approve the market offer of based 5 and 2 years. I can live with the signing because he is a fit and is only base 2 and term 1 over pay of 7M over 2 years or 3.5M a year overpay. That's quite good for the incompetent Cherry (See R. Johnson and detailed trade pool to insure acquisition of J. Upton)  Value C-    Fit B-  (I would not have acquired him)

D. Ross, nearly a double overpay, I would not have paid more than 3M and one year that includes an option and player opt out of year 2, but I can live with the signing because he is a fit and is only base .6 and term 1 over pay of 1.5 M over 2 years or 6M a year overpay. That's great for the incompetent Cherry (I would have acquired him for less)  Value D+  Fit B+

"Good value" he rates as D+. Clown evidence.

Want more? Later he writes...

In response to Softlaw1's comment:.

Ross is a career back-up catcher and Cherry is paying him like a starter. There was no market for this. Trading salty and finding another catcher to be our starter is still needed. The Ross signing solved little unless the trade is made.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I made it clear that, even though they overbid, he was a good value and a guy who should start over Salty because Salty is a butcher and always has been.

Value D+  Fit B+

Stop your lies.

Sections
Shortcuts