Report: Sox recall Podsednik

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik

Jeez, 2 whole outfields on the DL, this is getting ridiculous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If you thought Crawford was a butcher in LF just wait until you see the man the call Pods........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

Andrew, Do you like anything Sox related? I find you to be a real pain in the azz. I thought when Drew retired you would become tolerable. Not a chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik:
    [QUOTE]Andrew, Do you like anything Sox related? I find you to be a real pain in the azz. I thought when Drew retired you would become tolerable. Not a chance.
    Posted by coachzap[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Pods play the OF?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik : he is a neagative P-O-S
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

later, Sunshine!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik : Have you seen Pods play the OF?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

who would you suggest they put out there..... Dwight Evans??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik : who would you suggest they put out there..... Dwight Evans??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I bet we could get Manny back from Oakland.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik : who would you suggest they put out there..... Dwight Evans??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I get it - they have been crushed with injuries.  Limited choices.  All I am saying is get ready for a nightmare out there.  There used to be a time when we had a limitless supply of OF'ers we could call up who although they couldn't hit, could at least play the field......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik : I get it - they have been crushed with injuries.  Limited choices.  All I am saying is get ready for a nightmare out there.  There used to be a time when we had a limitless supply of OF'ers we could call up who although they couldn't hit, could at least play the field......

at least give the guy a chance. How about hoping for the best, instead assumming the worst, for a change?  Nava's been a nice surprise. let's wait and see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's not like I never saw the guy play before

Nava is doing well, he's earned some playing time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]It's not like I never saw the guy play before Nava is doing well, he's earned some playing time

The nicest thing I have ever read from you.

There is a silver lining .... how about that?  Attaboy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

At this point in time Nava is the LF. Podsednik is a veteran reserve and with the way OF'rs are dropping in Boston he is an OK insurance policy.As for any stupid trades stop already,every team thinks boston will give up the farm for whatever garbage they are selling,I read one idea that said to trade Buchholz and Youk for Masterson,huh! What type of drugs are these guys smoking????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ross may only be on the 15 day DL

And Sweeney will be back next Monday

So maybe things aren't as bad as we originally thought

Pods will just be a place holder

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Ross may only be on the 15 day DL And Sweeney will be back next Monday So maybe things aren't as bad as we originally thought Pods will just be a place holder

Ross is out 6-8 weeks, if he doesn't need surgery. He's getting a second opinion. Same injury pedroia had in 2010

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik : Ross is out 6-8 weeks, if he doesn't need surgery. He's getting a second opinion. Same injury pedroia had in 2010
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Wrong, read the news. They said it was an old injury and may only need 2 weeks (if that) on the DL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Sox recall Podsednik : Wrong, read the news. They said it was an old injury and may only need 2 weeks (if that) on the DL.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

just read it ADG, on FOX sports headlines, said what I said it did. second opinion was, it may be an old injury but regardless he has broken bone in his foot and "such injuries usually take 6-8 weeks to heal"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

OAS_AD('SPONSOR');

Ross may not be headed to disabled list

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff May 22, 2012 05:17 PM

BALTIMORE — In a surprising turn of events, Red Sox outfielder Cody Ross may not need to go on the disabled list.

Ross received a second opinion on the fracture in his left foot today and there's a chance it may be an old fracture. Beyond that, his foot felt good today and now the Red Sox are trying to determine what happens next.

According to Bobby Valentine, Ross could need two weeks on the DL, not two months. At worst, it's not nearly as bad was initially feared.

Kevin Youkilis has been activated and Ryan Sweeney was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list retroactive to Sunday.

Youkilis seemed almost angry when he spoke to reporters before batting practice, giving short answers to basic questions. He said he felt healthy and ready to play every day and felt fine about playing first base.

Scott Podsednik is here and may be activated regardless of what happens with Ross. The Sox could choose to send Che-Hsuan Lin down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

THANKS GOMEZ.  READ IT BEFORE FOX HEADLINES. DOESNT REALLY SAY MUCH...AFTER A SECOND OPINION, MAY BE OLD FRACTURE, NOT A NEW ONE. OTHER THAN IT FELT BETTER, SOX WERE TRYING TO DETERMINE WHAT TO DO NEXT? HE HAS A BROKEN BONE IN HIS FOOT. FOX IS REPORTING SIX-EIGHT WEEKS TO HEAL. ROSS WAS PUT ON THE DL TODAY AND PLACED IN A WALKING BOOT

Sections
Shortcuts