Respect for Wake...from YES no less

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Respect for Wake...from YES no less

I watched the first 4.5 irinnings at  home on YES - that funny blackout thing with ESPN was in effect - before coming into the shop tonight. 

Michael Kay  and his buddies could not have been more respectful of Wake (and were very informative about knucklers, too) than anyone could ask for. 

They were far more positive toward Wake than many of our fellow "fans" have been of him.

Imagine that....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Respect for Wake...from YES no less

You are absolutely right.  Paul O'Neill had success against Wake but knows how tough he can be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The only one who doesn't respect Wakefield is softgmetc.etc.(name of the day).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Orel H. praised him as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

His knuckler was really dancing tonight, before tiring. Whose word should we take; Orel's, or Softy's?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

If you listen to announcers from around the country, they all seem to have the utmost respect for him as a player and a person.  It doesn't surprise me that YES would be saying the same things others do. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I have a feeling that Wake is respected by many people in baseball. It's just a shame that his own fans have to be the ones to bring all the negative energy his way. I'm so glad he's getting a chance to prove them wrong this season.  Paps should have brought him a "doubt me" shirt!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wake's line was weak in innings and weak in in quality with 5 ER. Before people say that AJ was worse, take a look at the current ERA's and their ERA's since the last half of 2009.

Thank goodness for Aceves, the second class citizen who waited his turn in AAA while Wakefield squatted with a mop for nearly two months.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

In Response to Re: Respect for Wake...from YES no less:
    [QUOTE]You are absolutely right.  Paul O'Neill had success against Wake but knows how tough he can be.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    Did you know that Softlaw played little league ball against Paul O'Neill? Softlaw was the best player on his team and led his team to many wins over O'Neill's probably talentless squad.

The more you know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Don't lack the facts get in the way of your emotion. I played little league ball against Paul O'Neill who played on a team where he was way better than anyone on either team, but his team wasn't better than our team at the other spots. But he was good enough to beat us most of the time. The few times we beat his team he cried like a baby, which I thought was quite funny.

I wasn't the best player on our team, but I knew how to walk a lot. When O'Neill was pitching, a walk was about the best chance to get on base. He was so much better than everyone else, he was almost unhittable. The beauty of little league is that once you get on base, the chances of scoring become quite likely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Respect for Wake...from YES no less:
    [QUOTE] I knew how to walk a lot. When O'Neill was pitching, a walk was about the best chance to get on base. He was so much better than everyone else, he was almost unhittable. The beauty of little league is that once you get on base, the chances of scoring become quite likely.

Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

....  at last, a clue as to why this one is a Red Sox fan ....

plate discipline