Respect the uniform!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Respect the uniform!

Sometimes I see stuff that bugs me and just makes me wanna vent. One thing that really bugs me is when I see a major league pitcher on the mound and his hat is on crooked. one example is CC Sabathia. always wears his cap with the bill off center. last night it was the rays closer. Yeah, I know, come on hammah your nit picking. Well, this isn't the little league. I'm just sayin if your in the bigs then show it. wear your cap square and stuff your gold chains inside your t shirt.

off the soapbox now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Respect the uniform!

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Sometimes I see stuff that bugs me and just makes me wanna vent. One thing that really bugs me is when I see a major league pitcher on the mound and his hat is on crooked. one example is CC Sabathia. always wears his cap with the bill off center. last night it was the rays closer. Yeah, I know, come on hammah your nit picking. Well, this isn't the little league. I'm just sayin if your in the bigs then show it. wear your cap square and stuff your gold chains inside your t shirt.

off the soapbox now. 

Big D, CC has said it gives him better vision looking in for signs, don't know if you've noticed but he holds his glove a little higher now in the set than he used to, kind of like Andy does...tho Andy has his bill straight, guess he has better vision that way...just spec on my part don't go by me..Tongue Out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Good morning Hammah29r2   Laughing

I respect your opinion.  But I am not too concerned about how a major league player wheres his cap or uniform.  

My friend was the former Manager of Corporate Sales and Sponsorship of the NY Yankees.  Some of the stories he told me about the player's lives shocked me (especially Giambi  LOL).  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it's a style thing.  lefties started with it.  now some righties do it too.  it's like long pants intstead of high socks or top button unbuttoned. 

it's not one of my favorite things either...but i think the crooked cap is here to stay.  sorry about that hammah.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I prefer it straight, but the exceptions don't bother me.  Their choice. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

off the soapbox now. 

I hear you, Hammah.

It annoys me.

But, then again, everything kids do these days annoy me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I prefer it straight, but the exceptions don't bother me.  Their choice. 

Yeah Max I hear you. I guess it's the ex military in me. not that I'd relate MLB to the military mind you but how good would a crooked cover look on any soldier or sailor during an inspection? Especially our guys who wear the eagle,globe and anchor. hey, maybe it could start a trend. can you imagine a state trooper with his DI style cover sitting slanted to one side on his head??? or a marine DI? lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

off the soapbox now. 

i can see where you're coming from tho, some coaches are sticklers for certain things, my first year on a travel team i got benched for wearing my hat backwards during BP...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

off the soapbox now. 

i can see where you're coming from tho, some coaches are sticklers for certain things, my first year on a travel team i got benched for wearing my hat backwards during BP...

[/QUOTE]

YOU were a kid that would annoy me! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

waddya mean were? he's a full grown yankee fan and he still anoys me! jk Tongue OutWink

off the soapbox now. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

waddya mean were? he's a full grown yankee fan and he still anoys me! jk Tongue OutWink

off the soapbox now. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I grew up in South Korea and we had to wear uniforms since kindergarden.   LOL

One time when I was in high school, I forgot to wear my belt so my teacher hit me on the head with a bamboo stick.  He then made me clean the bathroom with a mop.   Cry

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

off the soapbox now. 

I hear you, Hammah.

It annoys me.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I guess this means we are getting old!  I don't like the crooked hat either or sloppy uniforms.  I wonder what we would have thought 35 years ago!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

One time when I was in high school, I forgot to wear my belt so my teacher hit me on the head with a bamboo stick.  He then made me clean the bathroom with a mop.   Cry

I bet you never wore your hat backwards, like Jetes!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

When I was in 3rd grade my mom didn't wash my uniform so I got to wear a pretty party dress to school.  I didn't get punished but then again I was a cute little girl Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

off the soapbox now. 

I hear you, Hammah.

It annoys me.

LOL, I guess this means we are getting old!  I don't like the crooked hat either or sloppy uniforms.  I wonder what we would have thought 35 years ago!

That's exactly what it means! LOL

My mom is a Sox fan.

She always complained about Eckersley's long hair, among others.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with that, of course.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

I bet you never wore your hat backwards, like Jetes!

[/QUOTE]

True ThefourBs!    Laughing

But mine was as dirty as Trot Nixon's.   LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

When I was in 3rd grade my mom didn't wash my uniform so I got to wear a pretty party dress to school.  I didn't get punished but then again I was a cute little girl Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Hello 67redsox    Laughing

At least you did not get hit by a bamboo stick.   LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

off the soapbox now. 

I hear you, Hammah.

It annoys me.

I've always thought kids were annoying... even when I was one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

off the soapbox now. 

LOL..alright, the two of you are rocketing your way DOWN my X-mas list...Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Hello 67redsox     Laughing

At least you did not get hit by a bamboo stick.   LOL

Oh, quit your cryiin' I C, at least you were given a mop. WinkLaughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

off the soapbox now. 

alright, the two of you are rocketing your way DOWN my X-mas list...Smile

[/QUOTE]

Let me know when I hit "lump of coal" status. Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

WOW icecream, tough place to grow up. however, I'll bet a six pack of bud lites that you grew up knowing what the meaning of discipline was. along time ago in another life I had the honor of trainning with a group of ROK mud marines. All of them had atleast a 1st degree black belt in one form of a korean martial art. hapkido,tae-kwon-do or tang soo do. some pretty tough customers that you really didn't want to be on their bad side. man, they could jump spinning wheel kick your head right off your shoulders. lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

WOW icecream, tough place to grow up. however, I'll bet a six pack of bud lites that you grew up knowing what the meaning of discipline was. along time ago in another life I had the honor of trainning with a group of ROK mud marines. All of them had atleast a 1st degree black belt in one form of a korean martial art. hapkido,tae-kwon-do or tang soo do. some pretty tough customers that you really didn't want to be on their bad side. man, they could jump spinning wheel kick your head right off your shoulders. lol.

Yeah, but could they do that and still keep their caps on straight? :)

Sections
Shortcuts