Respect the uniform!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Respect the uniform!

I actually find the crooked cap to be a sort of nod to the old school.  Nap LaJoie is smiling.  And, in any case, the crooked cap issue is not nearly as offensive or pervasive as the pants issue.  THIS IS BASEBALL.  SHOW.  YOUR.  STIRRUPS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I grew up in South Korea and we had to wear uniforms since kindergarden.   LOL

One time when I was in high school, I forgot to wear my belt so my teacher hit me on the head with a bamboo stick.  He then made me clean the bathroom with a mop.   Cry

WOW icecream, tough place to grow up. however, I'll bet a six pack of bud lites that you grew up knowing what the meaning of discipline was. along time ago in another life I had the honor of trainning with a group of ROK mud marines. All of them had atleast a 1st degree black belt in one form of a korean martial art. hapkido,tae-kwon-do or tang soo do. some pretty tough customers that you really didn't want to be on their bad side. man, they could jump spinning wheel kick your head right off your shoulders. lol.

Yeah, but could they do that and still keep their caps on straight? :)

lol (in my best mo voice) comeahhh you, ill moidah you you nitwit you....lol.....Wink

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

One time when I was in high school, I forgot to wear my belt so my teacher hit me on the head with a bamboo stick.  He then made me clean the bathroom with a mop.   Cry

WOW icecream, tough place to grow up. however, I'll bet a six pack of bud lites that you grew up knowing what the meaning of discipline was. along time ago in another life I had the honor of trainning with a group of ROK mud marines. All of them had atleast a 1st degree black belt in one form of a korean martial art. hapkido,tae-kwon-do or tang soo do. some pretty tough customers that you really didn't want to be on their bad side. man, they could jump spinning wheel kick your head right off your shoulders. lol.

Yeah, but could they do that and still keep their caps on straight? :)

lol (in my best mo voice) comeahhh you, ill moidah you you nitwit you....lol..... Wink

Sorry. It's the Curly in me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I THIS IS BASEBALL.  SHOW.  YOUR.  STIRRUPS!

i agree with this 1 million percent.  unfortunately players have not actually worn stirrups for years.  socks only now....sigh.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I actually find the crooked cap to be a sort of nod to the old school.  Nap LaJoie is smiling.  And, in any case, the crooked cap issue is not nearly as offensive or pervasive as the pants issue.  THIS IS BASEBALL.  SHOW.  YOUR.  STIRRUPS!

Yo Spacebro! can you still remember the old days when we'd put on the white socks and pull em up as high as we could, then the stirrups and roll the tops of the white socks down and blouse the pant legs over the socks? I seem to remember rolling tape around my calves so the sox wouldn't fall down. lol. man am I dating myself....that was the uniform back in the early 60's. real baseball shoes with spikes.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to bassmasters's comment:

Hat backwards

let's not revisit that one, before 4B's comes back to trample on my childhood some more...LOL...Surprised 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The thing about the stirrups is legit, except the cardinal players look like ronald mcdonald with theirs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

Yo Spacebro! can you still remember the old days when we'd put on the white socks and pull em up as high as we could, then the stirrups and roll the tops of the white socks down and blouse the pant legs over the socks? I seem to remember rolling tape around my calves so the sox wouldn't fall down. lol. man am I dating myself....that was the uniform back in the early 60's. real baseball shoes with spikes.

[/QUOTE]

It was a fine art Hammah.  Had to alot 20-30 minutes pre-game to get the stirrup/pant ratio just right.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Right there with you hammah just remeber the crap Griffey jr took for having his cap on backwards in pre game warm ups. The media was all over that as if he was killing the old game by doing it.

I also have an issue with the hats being crooked of course I have an issue with players keeping the bill flat. I still curve the bill on all my hats just like I did in little league in Lowell MA at Shedd park 59 to 62.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Right there with you hammah just remeber the crap Griffey jr took for having his cap on backwards in pre game warm ups. The media was all over that as if he was killing the old game by doing it.

I also have an issue with the hats being crooked of course I have an issue with players keeping the bill flat. I still curve the bill on all my hats just like I did in little league in Lowell MA at Shedd park 59 to 62.

[/QUOTE]

Getting the right curve on the cap bill is a high art on par with that of getting the sock/stocking/pant ratio right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to bassmasters's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hat backwards

let's not revisit that one, before 4B's comes back to trample on my childhood some more...LOL...Surprised 

[/QUOTE]

"Hey, you little bastid!! Get off my lawn!!"   Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

man Jimmy you are really dating yourself old friend. I can still remember the day that I went into the highschool gym as a freshman and put my name down to try out for the JV team. It was like 50 kids trying out for 15 spots. I started little league back in chelsea around 1960 when I was 12 and back then you had to try out to make the team. right up thru pony league and then highschool.  and of course like all 14 year olds alot of us smoked to be cool. (stupid idiots that we were) tell you guys, when coach smelled it on my breath my behind was his. laps and suicides. remember it like it was yesterday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Light hearted yet sincere thread ....

When ever I was on a team, we were to dress respectfully on the road, some coaches even required sport coats and ties.  Whenever we were in uni, we were to be team reps, even in the early and mid-70's.  But some guys had some really huge 'fros and some of us had locks we could braid they were so long ... but we still were to dress better than my usual hippie style when out off the team's time.  Coaches always wanted us to look like a unit.

I grew a beard my senior year in HS and my coach didn't know what to do with me...  I got to keep it because the team voted that it was cool. 

In college, my school limited facial hair ... nothing more than a hairy upper lip.   But then we did have side burns .... and they grew into chops for some.   I wore a fu man chu most of the time.

And all those variations irritated someone.

Hammah, my older boy is a staff sarge in the Army.   After being closely associated with this part of his life for so long - since early 2003 - my attention is instantly drawn to a service man or woman in uniform, especially camo's and a part of me swells with both appreciation and pride.  The uniform means something wonderful, maybe because I know first hand now what it means for someone close who has served the US well and for all the right reasons.  When we are on the road and someone is in uniform, and we might be getting a bite to eat or a coffee for the road, we will often pick up the tab. It's the least we can do. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUO

큰 문제

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Sometimes I see stuff that bugs me and just makes me wanna vent. One thing that really bugs me is when I see a major league pitcher on the mound and his hat is on crooked. one example is CC Sabathia. always wears his cap with the bill off center. last night it was the rays closer. Yeah, I know, come on hammah your nit picking. Well, this isn't the little league. I'm just sayin if your in the bigs then show it. wear your cap square and stuff your gold chains inside your t shirt.

off the soapbox now. 

Hammah come on, who has a more crooked hat Lester or CC?

And I wonder how you felt about Manny's doo rag.

I'm old school too, doo rags, hair, beards, tatoos, crooked hats on my ballplayers I'm ok with in today's game but it's the juicers who need to go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sometimes I see stuff that bugs me and just makes me wanna vent. One thing that really bugs me is when I see a major league pitcher on the mound and his hat is on crooked. one example is CC Sabathia. always wears his cap with the bill off center. last night it was the rays closer. Yeah, I know, come on hammah your nit picking. Well, this isn't the little league. I'm just sayin if your in the bigs then show it. wear your cap square and stuff your gold chains inside your t shirt.

off the soapbox now. 

Hammah come on, who has a more crooked hat Lester or CC?

And I wonder how you felt about Manny's doo rag.

I'm old school too, doo rags, hair, beards, tatoos, crooked hats on my ballplayers I'm ok with in today's game but it's the juicers who need to go.

[/QUOTE]
    couldn't agree with you more bro!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

When I was in 3rd grade my mom didn't wash my uniform so I got to wear a pretty party dress to school.  I didn't get punished but then again I was a cute little girl Laughing

Hello 67redsox     Laughing

At least you did not get hit by a bamboo stick.   LOL

Oh, quit your cryiin' I C, at least you were given a mop. WinkLaughing

I was thinking the same thing, they could have given him a tooth brush Surprised

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

off the soapbox now. 

I hear you, Hammah.

It annoys me.

But, then again, everything kids do these days annoy me.

LOL, I guess this means we are getting old!  I don't like the crooked hat either or sloppy uniforms.  I wonder what we would have thought 35 years ago!

That's exactly what it means! LOL

Rats!!!

My mom is a Sox fan.

She always complained about Eckersley's long hair, among others.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with that, of course.

I must be a bit younger than your mom because I thought eck was pretty cute Wink

Sections
Shortcuts