Reyes out 1-3 months, S. Drew to Blue Jays?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Reyes out 1-3 months, S. Drew to Blue Jays?

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

We could fleece them by getting the Jays to take Drew and his salary. 

Yes ,yes  If they take Drew  Sox could even add a player to sweeten the deal... Anything pay his contract ....anything

Yeah that one year contract is a real killer.

Why wouyld the Sox move Drew to help out a division rival?   So fans can start hating Iglesias again when he stops hitting (which he will.  The chances of that are about 100%.)?

Or NOW do Sox fans want to pretend they are all about defense?  Which is why so many wanted Coco Crisp run out of town.   Iglkesias hjas been the same defender for years, but when he was hitting .118 last year, defense was unimportant.   Now he has a few infield grounders and bunt hits, and suddenly he is Robin Yount 2.0?

Drew will be here for a while.  Get used to it.   And maybe actually try being a fan of the team they build, as opposed to being a fan of the players you want...

I would trade Drew in a minute if we could get a good pitching prospect in return. This year the strategy should be "all in" on rebuilding our 12th ranked pitching staff. If Drew is not traded then he is the starting SS, but it would sure be nice to get a prospect like Webster or RDLR in return for him.

Ah, but the tone of the thread is NOT "trade Drew for a good pitching prospect."  In fact, we have "fans" chiming in that the Sox should include other players so as to entice the Jays to take Drew...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I would trade Drew in a minute if we could get a good pitching prospect in return. This year the strategy should be "all in" on rebuilding our 12th ranked pitching staff. If Drew is not traded then he is the starting SS, but it would sure be nice to get a prospect like Webster or RDLR in return for him.

I would trade for as many pitching prospects as I could, but it should be noted that the RS MLB rotation leads the league in ERA and, with Webster, DLR, Barnes, and Owens, and a couple of secondary prospects like Johnson and Renaudo, we aren't badly situated with SP prospects.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

They would ask for Ciriaco not Drew.

Ciriaco would be a better fit for them, but he is a better fit for us as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to BaddBrains's comment:

Why the hatred for an injured player who has only played a few games so far? The payroll is dow to $150 mi. from $174 mil.  last year and you people are anxious to save another $5 mil. midway through this season? Is this a real question for the GM. 

Because he is in the way of the best  S S  on the planet EARTH  !!!

Stephen Drew is blocking Troy Tulowitzki?

If Iglesias was the best SS on Earth, Drew would not have been acquired.  The reality is, he was a question mark and everyone knew it, including many on this board who felt the Sox needed to add a SS (and some who wanted Reyes).

I was in the minority, wanting Iglesias at shortstop and then do not ever look back.  And I wanted that pre-2012.   But even I can acknowledge that there were defintiely some risks is simply handing the job to Iglesias, and most (all) of those risks centered around his offense...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I would trade for as many pitching prospects as I could, but it should be noted that the RS MLB rotation leads the league in ERA and, with Webster, DLR, Barnes, and Owens, and a couple of secondary prospects like Johnson and Renaudo, we aren't badly situated with SP prospects.

I am quite sure the Jays would not part with good pitching in exchange for a one year contract with Drew. My proposal was purely hypothetical and was made more to make the point of going all in on the rebuilding strategy. While we are doing well after just 9 games, we both know thats much too early to draw any conclusions from. And while our minor leagues do have some good prospects, not all of them will work out more than likely. Some will be busts and hopefully a few will be impact pitchers. I would rather have even more good pitching prospects down there, and Drew is not untouchable in order to obtain them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Hopefully Jose Reyes is okay,  watching the video is cringe worthy.

OUCH JOSE!!!

I swear some of these MLB ballplayers cant even slide correctly. They taught us a simple hook slide in pee-wee league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

OUCH JOSE!!!

I swear some of these MLB ballplayers cant even slide correctly. They taught us a simple hook slide in pee-wee league.

they also taught us not to watch the catcher, just keep your head down and chug. Looking at the catcher isn't going to change anything. He's not going to get lost in your blue eyes and throw the ball away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Could have been worse. Look up "Pott's fracture"; I had this injury in the early eighties sliding into third base in a softball game. Was in a cast up to my groin for 4 months.

OUCH JOSE!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

OUCH JOSE!!!

they also taught us not to watch the catcher, just keep your head down and chug. Looking at the catcher isn't going to change anything. He's not going to get lost in your blue eyes and throw the ball away.

It was pretty odd, unless it was a hit and run.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Notin, Pumpsie, Hetch, Yaz, Moon, and a few others : When counting your blessings at night, are you like me in being grateful Bill 806 , Softy, Geo and a few others aren't runnng the Sox front office ?

Turnover of the 40-man would be monthly, playing time allotted by three-day stat samples, and trades ? Hah.

Other teams would just refuse our calls, unwillimg to discuss offers like Matt Kemp for Pedro Ciriaco, Jered Weaver for Matt Barnes, or Stanton for Brentz, Mortensen & a bucket of balls.

And get rid of so-and-so, his second cousin played here ten years ago and was terrible !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If his name wasn't Drew he would not be taken so lightly and if he wasn't making $9.5 everything would be fine. When this kid starts hitting you will ask Iggy who? 

It's amazing everybody is an analyst and JF's or BenC's assistant or JH's money manager.

Isn't it interesting:many on the board clamoured for the sellout streak to end--it's over nothing for anyone to complain about. Now Toronto loses their SS and you want to make them a contender without skipping a beat by trading them Drew.

If we look at trades going back to the Masterson for VMart--most have been heavilly opposition favorable. Until 2 weeks agothe Reddick for Bailey, Melancon for lowrie, Melancon for Hanny, Moss  and Crisp have worked well for the A's.

Perhaps if you said we're paying Iggy $2 M for playing with the PawSox and he can't hit , Boggie is with the SeaDogs, suppose to be the top positional prospect and he's not hitting his weight. What are we to do---Trade Drew that will solve our woes. 

In actuality if Ortiz comes back healthy and doesn't skip a beat, send JBJ to the Sea Dogs to see if he reverts back to last years performance. Lackey returns to the rotation, rotate Drew and Ciriaco and rotate Nava and Gomes in LF. Put Aceves back in long relief. Trade Mort when Morales is ready---we will be one happy family...WAIT...

We must create a PROBLEM so the EXPERTS have something to COMPLAIN about...what could it be??????????????????????????????????Leave it to Bill or Softy or one of our other doomesdayers to find an issue that is their issue representing 1/4 of 1 % of the readers.