RF should be Reddicks to lose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: RF should be Reddicks to lose

In Response to Re: RF should be Reddicks to lose:
    Pence will be a FA in 2014 and is making just a tick below 7mil this year..By the time his last 2 years of arb are through he will probably be around 10-12mil if his production keeps up..Not a bad price..I bet Houston thinks so too...With that said, I mentioned his name a few weeks back too..I just dont see it happening this year with Houston..Maybe next or more likely 2013..But, stranger things have happened. As far as Reddick goes..He has matured at a slower rate than most of his peers, although 24 isnt really a late bloomer.. But he has always adjusted and progressed. The final piece was to get more plate discipline and pitch recognition. he has done that, and is now proving his worth. looks like he can hit lefties too.. Personally Ive been pulling for the kid, whether he makes it in Boston or somewhere else..I know he cant keep this pace up, but a nice 270-80AVG with a little pop in RF would be nice..
    Posted by southpaw777

southpaw, if Josh can put up better numbers than Drew, Cam and McD while actually comming through in the clutch occasionally I'm fine with him in RF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Boom , I agree with you on Reddick. In fact, I felt as you did two years ago. But I don't understand your stance on Navarro. He's performed well at every stage, both with the glove and the bat.   He's not likely to hit enough to support an outfield position, but could easily do so to justify his natural position at SS. What specifically is it about him you don't care for?
    Posted by harness

He can't hit off speed stuff and it's not like he is great in the field. He is still young and it's possible his bat could acquire some pop but he is at best a utility infielder IMO. Guys like Sutton are always available for dirt cheap prices. Will Navarro ever be even as good as Sutton? I doubt it. He just isn't worth that much. His bat has been inconsistent and he's not that great in the field. He's not a good defensive SS. His bat probably doesn't carry at 3rd. The only thing going for him is his versatility and the fact that he is from the DR. He might get real good someday, all the sudden, but I hate projecting on that basis. Even the Redsox seem to plan for that contingency. For example, drafting Fuentes. I do not like projecting players on that basis but that is the only way I see Navarro making it significantly at the mlb level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: RF should be Reddicks to lose : He can't hit off speed stuff and it's not like he is great in the field. He is still young and it's possible his bat could acquire some pop but he is at best a utility infielder IMO. Guys like Sutton are always available for dirt cheap prices. Will Navarro ever be even as good as Sutton? I doubt it. He just isn't worth that much. His bat has been inconsistent and he's not that great in the field. He's not a good defensive SS. His bat probably doesn't carry at 3rd. The only thing going for him is his versatility and the fact that he is from the DR. He might get real good someday, all the sudden, but I hate projecting on that basis. Even the Redsox seem to plan for that contingency. For example, drafting Fuentes. I do not like projecting players on that basis but that is the only way I see Navarro making it significantly at the mlb level.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

We have a lot of great kids from the farm who are now on the roster and helping our cause.  Whether Reddick becomes a trade piece or sticks with the club it tells you a lot about our managements vision and trust they have in our youngsters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Some folks post about trading Ellsbury and Reddick. Maybe I missed something, but aren't these 2 of the guys who are putting up good numbers and seem to be able to hit lefties equally well. If we make it to the WS this year my guess is that the play of these two will be one of the big reasons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Some folks post about trading Ellsbury and Reddick. Maybe I missed something, but aren't these 2 of the guys who are putting up good numbers and seem to be able to hit lefties equally well. If we make it to the WS this year my guess is that the play of these two will be one of the big reasons.
    Posted by trouts

I agree trouts, 2007 was a perfect example when we benched Coco in favor of a youngster called Jacoby who helped our offense come alive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: RF should be Reddicks to lose : He can't hit off speed stuff and it's not like he is great in the field. He is still young and it's possible his bat could acquire some pop but he is at best a utility infielder IMO. Guys like Sutton are always available for dirt cheap prices. Will Navarro ever be even as good as Sutton? I doubt it. He just isn't worth that much. His bat has been inconsistent and he's not that great in the field. He's not a good defensive SS. His bat probably doesn't carry at 3rd. The only thing going for him is his versatility and the fact that he is from the DR. He might get real good someday, all the sudden, but I hate projecting on that basis. Even the Redsox seem to plan for that contingency. For example, drafting Fuentes. I do not like projecting players on that basis but that is the only way I see Navarro making it significantly at the mlb level.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

I see UR point with his glove, as far as fielding pct. is concerned.
    .957 is pretty weak, compared to .974 for Scut or .976 for Jeter.
    But that could be a reflection of his range, with I thought was rather expansive last year.

If he's susceptible to the breaking pitch, why do you think that hasn't been exposed by now? He's hit .280 in almost 1900 AB's - and higher at the AAA level.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Since Board geniuses with a lot of time on their hands don't fact check anything without Wastefield or Varitick in its, allow me.

Supra, two braind dead posters made statements about Ellsbury hitting left handed pitching well. 

Also, I would love to see Kemp in Boston, but it's not going to happen unless they get rid of Ellsbury and the whole farm, which would be bad. Sure, Crawford has the skills needed to lead off, but this team would have no leadoff hitter against lefties.

Ellsbury 2011 v. LHP BA .239 OBP .311 SLG .326 O HR  K:BB 2 to 1

So much for board moderation and fact checking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I would love to see A. Pujols in Boston.
    I'd like to see Felix in the rotation.
    I'd like to see world peace.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Since Board geniuses with a lot of time on their hands don't fact check anything without Wastefield or Varitick in its, allow me. Supra, two braind dead posters made statements about Ellsbury hitting left handed pitching well.  Also, I would love to see Kemp in Boston, but it's not going to happen unless they get rid of Ellsbury and the whole farm, which would be bad. Sure, Crawford has the skills needed to lead off, but this team would have no leadoff hitter against lefties. Ellsbury 2011 v. LHP BA .239 OBP .311 SLG .326 O HR  K:BB 2 to 1 So much for board moderation and fact checking.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman

Still have to love what Reddick has done.  It would be a shame to keep Drew in the lineup when Carl returns but given the history of our management J.D. won't be benched.  If this happens it will be interesting to see if Reddicks timing/focus fades while not playing as much.

A move that could hurt more than help!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

It should be. I remember Kevin McHale saying," The only guy who could stop Michael Jordan was Dean Smith."In this case the only one who can stop Josh Reddick is TF. Also, TF has a 9MM extension in front of him after this season. Think the RS pick it up if he doesn't win?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

I'd like to see Kemp in and Ellsbury out.

Crawford (.275 OBP can only get better)
    Reddick
    Kemp

Drew
    Put Mac through waivers and try to find AAA parking

Anyone gets hurt, take a brief look at the kid from Duke

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'd like to see Kemp in and Ellsbury out. Crawford (.275 OBP can only get better) Reddick Kemp Drew Put Mac through waivers and try to find AAA parking Anyone gets hurt, take a brief look at the kid from Duke  

If I were to give up more of our top prospects along with Jacoby it would only be for Juston Upton or Kemp.  A package excluding Jacoby would be for Hunter Pence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Correct. The push should be for Kemp, not Pence. Pence should be a less desirable fallback.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Correct. The push should be for Kemp, not Pence. Pence should be a less desirable fallback.

By the looks of the lineup card, all Reddick really has to do to lose his spot is not being one of Terrys buds. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Pence reminds me way too much of Bay. We all see how he is doing, although he performed well for us. All this talk of getting Kemp just seems unattainable. Why get rid of Ells and mortgage the farm for Kemp? I also simply don't see the Dodgers willing to make that trade. We'll just have to see. My bet is that we don't get anything close to a "blockbuster" position player via trade this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: RF should be Reddicks to lose : southpaw, if Josh can put up better numbers than Drew, Cam and McD while actually comming through in the clutch occasionally I'm fine with him in RF.
    Posted by craze4sox

Until reddick come back to earth, I think you HAVE to play him. especially when hes has also proved, besides a much improved discipline at the plate, that he can hit lefties as well. Something that has been greatly missed. Slot him in the 5-6 hole..Its a waste to but him below that.When CC comes back that would put JR in the 7 hole because of the R-L-R thing..Depending how far he falls back to normal will decide what his role is. Until then....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: RF should be Reddicks to lose : Until reddick come back to earth, I think you HAVE to play him. especially when hes has also proved, besides a much improved discipline at the plate, that he can hit lefties as well. Something that has been greatly missed. Slot him in the 5-6 hole..Its a waste to but him below that.When CC comes back that would put JR in the 7 hole because of the R-L-R thing..Depending how far he falls back to normal will decide what his role is. Until then....
    Posted by southpaw777

I totally agree southpaw, at this point why take a chance at ruining a guys moral/zone hes been in.

Not a great move, I'm dissapointed at both Theo and Terry on this one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Why get rid of Ells and mortgage the farm for Kemp?

There won't be any mortgage of the farm to get Kemp. Lowrie is expendable. Doubrant or Weiland aren't a mortgage. Brentz or Middlebrooks or Hassan isn't mortgaging the farm. The Red Sox could do this deal.

The Dodgers are toast. They will not be abe to sign Kemp past FA, as bigger markets will match or exceed and Kemp won't want to stay on a team in trouble for at least two or three more years to come.

The Dodgers will shop Kemp, this summer, and if no one comes with a serious offer, this winter.

Theo, don't just hand your head about blowing Henry's money on Crawford. Deal Ellsbury before it's too late, and fix your mistake by getting Kemp or similar young star RH OF'er.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Why get rid of Ells and mortgage the farm for Kemp? There won't be any mortgage of the farm to get Kemp. Lowrie is expendable. Doubrant or Weiland aren't a mortgage. Brentz or Middlebrooks or Hassan isn't mortgaging the farm. The Red Sox could do this deal. The Dodgers are toast. They will not be abe to sign Kemp past FA, as bigger markets will match or exceed and Kemp won't want to stay on a team in trouble for at least two or three more years to come. The Dodgers will shop Kemp, this summer, and if no one comes with a serious offer, this winter. Theo, don't just hand your head about blowing Henry's money on Crawford. Deal Ellsbury before it's too late, and fix your mistake by getting Kemp or similar young star RH OF'er.

So you want to give up a lot of kids for a year and 3 months of Kemp? Id only do it IF an extension was in place..If not, PASS...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: RF should be Reddicks to lose : So you want to give up a lot of kids for a year and 3 months of Kemp? Id only do it IF an extension was in place..If not, PASS...
    Posted by southpaw777

The bottom line is, if we have youngsters/players like Sutton, Navarro and Reddick at the minor league level who can help our cause we should use them.  I'm glad Reddick at least saw some playing time last night to keep his focus.  I'm also happy for McD but still feel he and Drew should take a back seat to Reddick more often than not.  If Reddick tails of to the point of Drew or McD of course I would feel differently.

We don't need to lose any more prospects on a short term lease.  We just need to sit the players who are giving us part time production.

Sections
Shortcuts