RF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: RF

We need to hear more from notin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: RF:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RF : The White Sox won't take on more money ($45.75 million to $38 million) for a player who is two and a half year older than Rios. Perhaps if the Red Sox would throw in some cash, include Ryan Kalish or Josh Reddick as a Rios replacement, and/or take on the $2.5 million owed next year to veteran lefty reliever Will Ohman (because the White Sox have promising young arms in their bullpen).
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

However, you hjave to way allthat against the fact that, with Tony Reagins out of the picture, Kenny Williams is the most likely place to dump an unwated contract.

Hey, talk us out of Rios.  Chone Figgins is the next target!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RF : The White Sox won't take on more money ($45.75 million to $38 million) for a player who is two and a half year older than Rios. Perhaps if the Red Sox would throw in some cash, include Ryan Kalish or Josh Reddick as a Rios replacement, and/or take on the $2.5 million owed next year to veteran lefty reliever Will Ohman (because the White Sox have promising young arms in their bullpen).
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I think I'd give Lackey, Kalish or Reddick, and Iggy for Rios, Crain and Ohman. The money would be about equal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Lackey for Rios and Ohman and call it a day.

Then teach Ohman to throw right-handed.  The lefty thing is not working for him at all...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

[QUOTE]The Lizard Bucchholz will never be a number one starter. It was Theo's man love that kept him from making deals that would have benefited the team. He should have been gone long ago.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

Would you prefer a one on one trade Buch for Garza? Do you not feel Buch is better than Garza? I would shy away from that move---I would consider a Garza and Marmol or Reed Johnson for Beckett and another reliever or Reddick. 

I feel there will be trades made during the hot stove between the Sox, Cubs, Padres and the Rays if Martinez is the next Sox manager and the former Sox front office people go to these linked teams.
    As has been said on the boards--where  there is a relationship of trust between trading partners there is a willingness to trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RF : Would you prefer a one on one trade Buch for Garza? Do you not feel Buch is better than Garza? I would shy away from that move---I would consider a Garza and Marmol or Reed Johnson for Beckett and another reliever or Reddick.  I feel there will be trades made during the hot stove between the Sox, Cubs, Padres and the Rays if Martinez is the next Sox manager and the former Sox front office people go to these linked teams. As has been said on the boards--where  there is a relationship of trust between trading partners there is a willingness to trade.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Don't count on specifics. All he does is bash others' ideas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, it will be interesting to see what Big Ben has to say about Drew once Theo and DJ are long gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I know he's a bad defensive OF, and he's a lefty...but I think Dunn would hit the hell out of the ball in fenway. I'd only do it for Lackey, but it might benifit both players and teams. Dunn could be a Papi replacement in your lineup if it comes to that, and he does have an arm. If he could learn to play the monster his mobility wouldn't be an issue, and you'd only have to deal with Crawford's arm in right. Both Lackey and Dunn had "it can't get any worse" seasons and could both use a change of scenery and new crowds who don't hate them. It still doesn't solve the right handed bat issue, but it might be easier to find a righty who you stick at DH than having that righty need to be an outfielder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I would do Lackey for Dunn but I wouldn't plan on Dunn being a major contributor and I certainly wouldn't put Crawful in RF.

In other words, I wouldn't plan my roster around Dunn and do things like "Not sign Ortiz because of it".  I still may not be able to sign Ortiz but Dunn should be viewed as like a Plan C if we lose David.

Really, it would be good only in that we got rid of Lackey and will take a chance with a bat.  If Lackey wasn't such an a hole, I'd take my chances with a guy who could give me lots of innings than a guy who may be able to hit me 30 bombs; pitching is much harder to find (see the Granderson for Kennedy/Coke trade).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Oh, I'm not saying it's plan A at all...but if you were'nt going to get Papi back, and found a solid right handed bat to fill the DH or 3B spot, then Dunn could be another power bat to fill that spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Dunn? please explain the logic?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The logic being he can't be worse than last year and it would get rid of lackey...that's about it. Just another bad contract for bad contract hypothetical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Sure, I'd rather be stuck w/ Dunn over Lackey but again, no way should Dunn be considered part of the solultion to fixing the roster.  He'd be the 25th man on the roster ala a very overpaid jeremy giambi.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I wouldn't mind Crawford in RF.  He could play a little more shallow to give him a chance to throw out a runner first to third, and that's the only advantage to having your strongest arm in right.  Between the gappers headed to the triangle, and the line-huggers rolling around the RF corner,  it makes more sense to use your speed in CF & RF than it does CF & LF.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I wouldn't count out Linares as a possible in RF. He's right handed, hits the cover off the ball and is an excellent defensive outfielder with a decent arm. Also he appears to be fully recovered from his early season ankle surgery per Sons of Sam Horn.

"However, Linares spent the year rehabbing and was able to participate in the Florida Instructional League. Though he is still working his way back into shape (a common issue after dealing with a lower body injury that impairs cardio activity), Linares appeared to move well in the outfield and, though he was playing against much younger competition, he also impressed at the plate.

“No surprise, he raked,” said Red Sox vice president of player development and amateur scouting Mike Hazen."

A link to the discussion:
    http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/65252-jc-linares-to-have-ankle-surgery/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Crawford scares the beejezus out of me in left field.  I think if he played right field I would have to switch to following the games on the radio only

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford scares the beejezus out of me in left field.  I think if he played right field I would have to switch to following the games on the radio only
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I look at Brett Gardner as precedent - great speed + weak arm equals the best LF in the game.  Fenway has the opposite layout of Yankee stadium - I think Crawford is better suited to RF.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I wouldn't compare Crawford to Gardner.

Gardner has a better arm and plays the OF with extreme confidence; Crawford has never been introduced to a cut off man and plays the outfield like a scared little bunny.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so no dodgers what about Jose ryes sign with the Soxs and we also go and trade for king felix and trade some prospects and a major leaguer and then sign Tony la russ a and we can either sign david Ortiz to two year contract or sign prince fielder
    Posted by cmassaro[/QUOTE]

...and then we can trade and get Justin Verlander as our #1...grab CC off the FA market as a #2 and let Lester and Beckett drop down to #3 and #4 and pick up a little league prospect for the #5 slot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't compare Crawford to Gardner. Gardner has a better arm and plays the OF with extreme confidence; Crawford has never been introduced to a cut off man and plays the outfield like a scared little bunny.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Good to see you've found a new man crush now that JD Drew is gone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Introducing another FA to the mix Jason Kubel. Pretty good stick---not a bad hitter has played L,R and DH. He 's a Twin which interests me because they develop good fundamental players. He would not be expensive. I would prefer Cuddyer but he will be $12 M min for a few years. He has better power and is a little more versatile. I also like Joe Nathan as a set up guy to go with Bard but he will also be expensive.
    Letting Drew, Papi, Tek, Wake go gives us a little flexibility.
    You probably could have the three Twins for the price of those 4 players.
    Just a little added kindling for the Hot stove.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't compare Crawford to Gardner. Gardner has a better arm and plays the OF with extreme confidence; Crawford has never been introduced to a cut off man and plays the outfield like a scared little bunny.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Gardner's arm is weaker than Crawford's - it's his speed and accuracy that make him so good at his position.  That scared little bunny is only a year removed from a gold glove.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

So is Derek jeter.
    Golden Glove is a hollow award.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Carl Crawford had one bad year in the OF.  He was a stellar defensive LF in Tampa for his entire career...