Rich Hill a better 8th ininng setup than Bard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

Rich Hill a better 8th ininng setup than Bard

On Monday, with 3 lefthanded batters coming up to the plate, Rich Hill would have
    given the  Sox a better chance than bumbling Bard. Hill is devestating against left
    handed batters. But Francoma is loyal to his vets,  even if it means a loss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Rich Hill a better 8th ininng setup than Bard

See what I'm saying?  Instead of a positive thread about Hill (who I've said I liked in the past, and still do), you have to beat up Bard, and, of course, Francona. What's with you aliases? You're so predictable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The deadly 1 IP sample set emerges as definitive evidence that Hill is bett-ah than B-ah-ard. Brilliant!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Long term lets hope that isn't the case but right now he's simply getting the job done for this team. 

Papelbon seems to be back at elite closer status

Hill has been great so far.

Albers has been great so far.

Jenks we can hope comes back strong?

Bard hasn't been horrendous, just inconsistent. 

This bullpen is in much better shape than last year, even with Bard's struggles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Wakefield is amazing, so says the one game sample size against a NL team that either had never seen him or hasn't seen him in a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Albers has been great except for that one utter meltdown against the Cubs (something like 4-5 runs without recording an out).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Rich Hill a better 8th ininng setup than Bard:
    Albers has been great except for that one utter meltdown against the Cubs (something like 4-5 runs without recording an out).
    Posted by bigpanther98

I give him a mulligan there because there were some fielding blunders as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

See what I'm saying?  Instead of a positive thread about Hill (who I've said I liked in the past, and still do), you have to beat up Bard, and, of course, Francona. What's with you aliases? You're so predictable.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Not with this one. He's been on this board longer than anyone beyond Summer and a few others. Aliases rarely existed back in 2004.

I think it's more of a 'posting stroke'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Not with this one. He's been on this board longer than anyone beyond Summer and a few others. Aliases rarely existed back in 2004.

I think it's more of a 'posting stroke'. -- Harness
    ----------------------------------------

I disagree. Any fan of any team could have come here and created multiple aliases. It's not like 2004 was 19whatever. I've heard from posters here that this board, prior to 2004, was like the wild west. It sounded to me like posters were beaten up here all the time, and so were the Red Sox. Who knows who was on the board, or what aliases they created.No wonder why Yankee fans still think they pwn this board. It's entitlement, and no one probably objected to it at the time -- as is still mostly the case now. Do you honestly believe there is a Yankee forum with so much negativity on it -- especially when the team is doing so well?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I hate Twitter and Facebook, and love the Frisbee and letters. I drive a gas guzzler and smoke my tires in front of the emissions of the Prius.

Rich Hill has the benefit of being off the radar for a while. I like him better than Wakefield or Wally.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't know if this board even existed before 2004. If it did, I never saw any poster go that far back. I think another board may have been accessible, but not this one.

I'm not saying it wasn't possible to have another alias. I just don't think it was prominent...or even necessary. Perhaps the few who saw it back then can tell us more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I don't know if this board even existed before 2004. If it did, I never saw any poster go that far back. I think another board may have been accessible, but not this one. I'm not saying it wasn't possible to have another alias. I just don't think it was prominent...or even necessary. Perhaps the few who saw it back then can tell us more.
    Posted by harness

That may be a question for moon because he's the only one I see that has posts dating back to 2005.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Wakefield is amazing, so says the one game sample size against a NL team that either had never seen him or hasn't seen him in a while.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

What a tool!  You hijack a Hill/Bard thread to inject the usual drivel about Wake.  Let it go.  The guy did well in a spot start.  Maybe next time he will struggle.  Then you will have all the ammo you need.  Can you just let it go for now?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

*spork* sniglet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billsrul. Show billsrul's posts

Hill's been a nice surprise in his few innings so far.  Hopefully he keeps it up; we know the guy has talent!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hill's curve seems to have hitters mesmerized, and he throws strikes.  Forget the 8th inning, I'll just be happy if he continues to excel against lefties. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Back to back good outings for Wheeler, our pen looks to be in great shape. Hopefully Jenks will come back strong.  We'll see about Moreales.  

Sections
Shortcuts