Ricky Romero DFA'd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ricky Romero DFA'd

Boy did he fall far and fast. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Ricky Romero DFA'd

Still under contract, so better than Romero.

No idea why you bring him up.  I don't think I have ever made a Zobrist post in nearly 7 years on this board.

If you are wondering why the random Ricky Romero update, and that was your point, maybe because it is actual baseball talk.   Or should I have extended the update to include Romero's views on conservatism, Obama, and same sex marriage?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

More reason why Baseball needs to stop guaranteed contracts to players... NFL has it right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Still under contract, so better than Romero.

No idea why you bring him up.  I don't think I have ever made a Zobrist post in nearly 7 years on this board.

If you are wondering why the random Ricky Romero update, and that was your point, maybe because it is actual baseball talk.   Or should I have extended the update to include Romero's views on conservatism, Obama, and same sex marriage?

softy confuses posters often, then pretends he knows whate everybody said over years of debate.

For months and months softy and I adrgued about what to do with Papi when he was struggling a few years back. Maybe 2 posters mentioned DFA'ing him, but softy acts like almost everyone wanted him gone. All I wanted was to demote him in the line-up and sit him vs some LHPs. That next winter I advocated for sitting him vs all but 5-6 lefties and letting Lowell DH in his place. (Softy actually agreed with that idea.) softy wanted Papi sent to AAA in disgrace on some trumped up rehab scheme until he regained his form. 

He still insists that I was one fo the 2 guys that wanted Papi cut. 

It's absurd, and everyone here knows I never said that.

The clown goes on and on...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I don't think I have ever made a Zobrist post in nearly 7 years on this board.

Yes, in fact you have. You made me laugh when you scoffed at Zobrist's season numbers from a few years ago, and how it was a fluke. I'm not infatuated with Zobrist, either, it just made me laugh so I remember it.

What's your take on Romero, on the value front, today?

Then that was obviously quite prophetic of me. 

Zobrist's 2009 season clearly stands out, with an OPS a full 100 points higher than his second best, and over 30% more HR's than any other single season.

Also, add to that a bloated WAR total built on small game samples at multiple positions that inflated his defensive contributions. 

Zobrist is a good player, but not among the best in the game as his 2009 season suggested he was by some metrics...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Yes, in fact you have. You made me laugh when you scoffed at Zobrist's season numbers from a few years ago, and how it was a fluke. I'm not infatuated with Zobrist, either, it just made me laugh so I remember it.

Zobrist's 2009 season clearly stands out, with an OPS a full 100 points higher than his second best, and over 30% more HR's than any other single season.

Also, add to that a bloated WAR total built on small game samples at multiple positions that inflated his defensive contributions. 

Zobrist is a good player, but not among the best in the game as his 2009 season suggested he was by some metrics...

Do you think the sox should take an expensive flyer on him?  could JF turn him around?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes already cleared and sent back to AAA

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22338236/blue-jays-place-brandon-morrow-on-dl-outright-ricky-romero

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

More reason why Baseball needs to stop guaranteed contracts to players... NFL has it right.

A contract works two ways ... should players stop guaranteed contracts to owners?

In other words, could Stephen Drew quit his Red Sox job today and suit up with the Yankees tomorrow?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

A contract works two ways ... should players stop guaranteed contracts to owners?

In other words, could Stephen Drew quit his Red Sox job today and suit up with the Yankees tomorrow?

I actually think some fans here wouldnt have an issue with that scenario Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's why I try to emphasize looking at the more advanced metrics irt Gomes, etal.  Zobrist, in 2009, had a BABIP of .326, against a career .289, and  HR/FB of 17.5% against a career 11.2%.  Basically, he was luckier that season than in other seasons.  It doesn't make him a bad player, just a player that is unlikely to replicate the 2009 results.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

I actually think some fans here wouldnt have an issue with that scenario Wink

Given that the NYY have a .555 at SS, and Drew has better range and a better glove than any of their guys, my guess is that a lot of their fans would look forward to it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Yes, and how is Ben Zobrist doing?

How's Bill Hall doing?

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts