Right now, who is your favorite Sox player to watch?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Right now, who is your favorite Sox player to watch?

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks Jete, was confused about whether you meant Vic or Pedey there.

Lots of Vic fans now!  Wd love to watch him throw someone out at home in the next round!

[QUOTE]

Pedey is my favorite but right now, the guy I enjoy watching the most has to Vic.....

I've always been a big fan.  In fact, if you go back to posts from 2007 during my Drew bashing days, I cite Vic as a someone who we could had gone after instead...........If I recall properly at the time the Phillies had Rowand in CF and Vic was still developing and considered more of a prospect who I believe the Phillies may had been open to dealing......

it's impressive how often he can put an almost shoulder-high pitch in play..and occasionally with authority...a long way from that guy who got killed on this board his first couple of months..became a force.. 

[/QUOTE]

Vic got out to a pretty good start

I did think the contract was a bit much but I always thought it was a great addition

[/QUOTE]AM, i have a lot of respect for Victorino as a ballplayer...maybe i didn't frame it right, but i was talking about Pedroia....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] hey mex...apologies to you and AM...was definitely talking about DP....have also  admired Victorino from the outside(Philly and his current stint in Beantown)...he, D.Wright and Chipper were my favorite NL'ers.. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Red Sox management was "dazzled" by Carl Crawford. Red Sox fans are "dazzled" by Ellsbury. Do the math.

That was a different time , place and circumstance, ago. Please don't live in the past it's not the real you.

If Ells resigns for $120 M for 6 years with the Sox---do what you want. If the Sox ever do that you know it will be because Management feels he will produce that in good play, in good health and deserving of a contract that would be guaranteed to a contract for Tom Cruise, Leonardo Di Caprio or some other superstar.

Personally I don't see him coming back. It's not that I wouldn't want him, I think the Sox have a line and they won't cross it. I think we will see either JBJ emerge or perhaps Xander moves to Left Field and Vic to CF with a platoon in RF, Nava and Brentz.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'm impressed by the performance Miguel Cabrera, which says a great deal. 

No, it doesn't say anything.  It's a given.  If you are not impressed with Cabrera, its because you don't pay attention to baseball.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lots of Vic fans now!  Wd love to watch him throw someone out at home in the next round!

[QUOTE]

Pedey is my favorite but right now, the guy I enjoy watching the most has to Vic.....

I've always been a big fan.  In fact, if you go back to posts from 2007 during my Drew bashing days, I cite Vic as a someone who we could had gone after instead...........If I recall properly at the time the Phillies had Rowand in CF and Vic was still developing and considered more of a prospect who I believe the Phillies may had been open to dealing......

it's impressive how often he can put an almost shoulder-high pitch in play..and occasionally with authority...a long way from that guy who got killed on this board his first couple of months..became a force.. 

[/QUOTE]

I did think the contract was a bit much but I always thought it was a great addition

[/QUOTE]AM, i have a lot of respect for Victorino as a ballplayer...maybe i didn't frame it right, but i was talking about Pedroia....

[/QUOTE]

Talk to GEO about DP - GEO wrote off DP LAST YEAR..........BIG MISTAKE........He's one of the UNTOUCHABLES.......If you can't recongize Gold when you see it, get ready to live out of a cardboard box!

[/QUOTE] hey mex...apologies to you and AM...was definitely talking about DP....have also  admired Victorino from the outside(Philly and his current stint in Beantown)...he, D.Wright and Chipper were my favorite NL'ers.. 

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It says that I'm only impressed with what is truly impressionable. Media spin is boring, but Miggy doesn't need media spin.

Its says the only calibre player who can possibly escape your amateur hour trashing is a triple-crown winner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

AM, i have a lot of respect for Victorino as a ballplayer...maybe i didn't frame it right, but i was talking about Pedroia....

Talk to GEO about DP - GEO wrote off DP LAST YEAR..........BIG MISTAKE........He's one of the UNTOUCHABLES.......If you can't recongize Gold when you see it, get ready to live out of a cardboard box!

hey mex...apologies to you and AM...was definitely talking about DP....have also  admired Victorino from the outside(Philly and his current stint in Beantown)...he, D.Wright and Chipper were my favorite NL'ers.. 

LOL...AM, i think we both have been around long enough to know Geo takes things a bit to the left at times Tongue Out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Koji here, with Ells a close second, both dazzle & create excitement; love watching Nava work the count too.

Buch..... Because i like to catch him when he goes to the grease in his hair. The old it's only water trick.....Yes he does wet it but with a safe mixture..... Enough not to get caught. I've seen it done.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Koji here, with Ells a close second, both dazzle & create excitement; love watching Nava work the count too.

Buch..... Because i like to catch him when he goes to the grease in his hair. The old it's only water trick.....Yes he does wet it but with a safe mixture..... Enough not to get caught. I've seen it done.

[/QUOTE]

Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Ellsbury is the most exciting, Pedey hustles the most, Koji is the most animated, Papi seems to have the most fun, and Victorino is the toughest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Ellsbury is the most exciting, Pedey hustles the most, Koji is the most animated, Papi seems to have the most fun, and Victorino is the toughest.

And Nava and Breslow quietly do a great job without much fanfare.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

my favorite is the gray haired / pony tailed guy handing out the goggles.  hope we get to see him 2 more times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

And Nava and Breslow quietly do a great job without much fanfare.

Good touch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

AM, i have a lot of respect for Victorino as a ballplayer...maybe i didn't frame it right, but i was talking about Pedroia....

hey mex...apologies to you and AM...was definitely talking about DP....have also  admired Victorino from the outside(Philly and his current stint in Beantown)...he, D.Wright and Chipper were my favorite NL'ers.. 

LOL...AM, i think we both have been around long enough to know Geo takes things a bit to the left at times Tongue Out

But Pedey?  That was insane. After 2007 he became an instant UNTOUCHABLE.......