RINGLEADER: VARITEK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK:
    So some poster comes along with anonymous info from anoymous sources in Florida claiming that Varitek is the "RINGLEADER" and you lemmings jump right over the cliff with him? Did no one hear or read Pedroia's interview today? I think I'll take his word over "sofla4patriots". Pedroia was actually a member of the team and in the clubhouse. Chances are s4p got his info from the guy on the barstool next to him!!   http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/10/13/dustin-pedroia-on-boston-globe-article-a-lot-of-the-stuff-that-was-said-was-pretty-much-not-fair-it-hurts-man/ "We try out hardest as players to police each other. [ Jason Varitek ] is the best. From what I’ve read he’s taken some shots about being the captain and how he wasn’t being a leader. That’s false. Tek’s in there. He says things to me. He says things to everybody. He’ll say things to Jacoby to make him a better player, to everybody. The leadership, I know 7-20 in September looks bad and everybody can say the lack of leadership, but that’s not true. We all wanted to win." And: "Everyone’s different. We have a lot of leaders on our team. That’s the thing, when I read, that kind of gets to me. Tek’s the type that leads by example but when you get out of line he’s going to say a couple of things to you and there’s no questions asked and there’s no barking back, you do it. That’s how Tek runs his ship and it’s very effective. He’s pretty scary. You guys all see him. " I've never seen fans so quick to throw their veteran players under the bus like you guys have. It's embarrassing. You are exactly the kind of fans that hack writers like Dan Shaughnessy love. That's why the Globe and ESPN have turned into the tabloid media! They're like TMZ! Seriously...a guy like Varitek is suddenly going to go postal and become a problem in the clubhouse one summer? And don't tell me that Pedroia is just towing the line for his teammates! Somehow I get the strong impression that he isn't that kind of personality. If you're screwing up, he's going to call you out on it and not cover for you. He is certainly not going to bring a teammate's name up to praise him when no one was specifically asking about him in an interview! 
    Posted by brkh

Yes & Ellsbury doesn't wish to  throw teammates under the bus either.

Positive...VARITEK the ringleader here...he started, Beckett next Lester [ that one blows my mind after cancer scare] Clay B & Wakefield.

Francona lost control for 1 reason...enough veterans turned on him, stopped listening..and snowball effect came about. 2nd half of season varitek & his vet pals in locker room w/Variteks girlfriend???

And what does that say about pitching coach????

Know 1 thing...those pitchers tried to pull that crap when Farrell was here...and he'd get right in their faces...and they give him crap, it wouldn't be pretty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brkh. Show brkh's posts

Then there was Garciapara's comments yesterday....

Garciaparra said he'd be surprised if Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield would have allowed a situation so bad to linger for very long -- if at all.

"When I look at this, that's where I really question: How bad was it?" Garciaparra said. "Was it as extreme as they're making it out to be in the media? Was it maybe one day, maybe it happened one time and it was addressed?

"I know a guy there who has a big 'C' on his chest and I know would be right in front of somebody's face talking to them about that," he added. "And I know he has stuff that he's doing with the catching, but I also know a guy like Tim Wakefield, who has so much respect and has been around in this game and what he's meant to this organization, that he wouldn't accept that.

"This had to be addressed from these guys, because these guys are too good of leaders and respect the game too much to see this happen around them."

http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/nomar-garciaparra-questions-severity-of-latest-red-sox-drama-claims-jason-varitek-tim-wakefield-woul.html

But please, jump on sofla4patriots' bandwagon. I'm sure he is quite the credible source!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Varitek , great contributer in 04, 07. Thanks for the memories. 40 year old catchers don't have a place in MLB. Unless they become DH's . I don't believe he will be back, the Lavarnway era has begun.
    Posted by aussiewill

Actually, Exposito has big league catching skills right now that comapre w/anyone?

OK...to guys who do not think this is fact...Another one....Saltalammchia [ sic] had an affair @ age 16- 17 w/his HS Phys ed teacher...and married her. And how did I find that one out too???...Lots of big league coaches like to talk after a few beers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brkh. Show brkh's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK :  Actually, Exposito has big league catching skills right now that comapre w/anyone?  OK...to guys who do not think this is fact...Another one....Saltalammchia [ sic] had an affair @ age 16- 17 w/his HS Phys ed teacher...and married her. And how did I find that one out too???...Lots of big league coaches like to talk after a few beers.
    Posted by sofla4patriots

Wow, you're just a wealth of mis-information!  How many beers were you enjoying at the time the stories were told? lol

Oh, and thank you for proving my point in my first post:

Chances are s4p got his info from the guy on the barstool next to him!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

In Response to RINGLEADER: VARITEK:
     I've never posted out here before on Red sox discussion..But, many of you are aware that this is instructional season...so many, many baseball people here in Florida.  Mid season....a huge disconnect became unbearable between Varitek and Francona...Francona wanted Varitek off the team,,,but Theo wouldn't cut him. Not only was Varitek not producing,,,but was a lockeroom CANCER, w/Beckett, Lester etc...following..
    Posted by sofla4patriots

I said this in 2007.
    Then when the Sox got VMart, I said keeping Varitek would be a MISTAKE because Varitek would DIVIDE THE SOX CLUBHOUSE.

Anything Law wasn't right about?

Nope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Positive...VARITEK the ringleader here...he started, Beckett next Lester [ that one blows my mind after cancer scare] Clay B & Wakefield."

Let me make this very simple for you here: cite a source for this information (preferably with a link, and a link to an article with more credibility than the Globe's irresponsible piece), or close your trap. This is career-damaging information and if true, deserves our full discussion, but for you cite it as fact when you have offered no source is really irresponsible of you. If it is second hand hearsay than at least come clean on that. 

My understanding (based on news reports) is that Beckett actually brought some of these bad habits with him from the Marlins, so that would conflict with your Varitek claim. I would be surprised to hear Varitek led the rebellion/sloth.

Having said that, Varitek is the captain and it happened on his watch, for this and other reasons I do think it's time for him to go. But he served us well and doesn't deserve this kind of thing to be laid on him unless it is true.

p.s. just to show you how this is done here is a link to one Beckett piece with links to others and quotes from his old manager NOT an anonymous source http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/10/13/becketts_behavior_not_new/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

It makes some sense that Varitek was a major part of the problem being the captain it was on his shoulders to curb the kind of activities going on in the clubhouse.  And if Varitek knew Francona didn't appreciate him any more but Varitek knew the GM was on his side he could be the biggest p r i c k he wanted.  Not saying he was but it as a captain he should have handled the problems and he didn't.  One way or the other the team doesn't need him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

" Positive...VARITEK the ringleader here...he started, Beckett next Lester [ that one blows my mind after cancer scare] Clay B & Wakefield." Let me make this very simple for you here: cite a source for this information (preferably with a link, and a link to an article with more credibility than the Globe's irresponsible piece), or close your trap. This is career-damaging information and if true, deserves our full discussion, but for you cite it as fact when you have offered no source is really irresponsible of you. If it is second hand hearsay than at least come clean on that.  My understanding (based on news reports) is that Beckett actually brought some of these bad habits with him from the Marlins, so that would conflict with your Varitek claim. I would be surprised to hear Varitek led the rebellion/sloth. Having said that, Varitek is the captain and it happened on his watch, for this and other reasons I do think it's time for him to go. But he served us well and doesn't deserve this kind of thing to be laid on him unless it is true. p.s. just to show you how this is done here is a link to one Beckett piece with links to others and quotes from his old manager NOT an anonymous source  http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/10/13/becketts_behavior_not_new/
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Again...this is season for instructional leagues in warm weather locations. Info came from other MLB coaches [ ex coaches & scouts]..and front office personnel who were in REGULAR contact w/francona. Am not naming names, but were from American League. Media???? coaches are shocked that this hasn't hit media YET, but it will...So, guess what??? Gammons not too far off with his info on Francona -Theo rift, cause it was bigtime,,,especially back in May-June when Francona demanded Theo get rid of Varitek...and Theo refused.

What you've all read in papers/internet about players...100% true....and much more to come. The stuff about Francona...all lies., except w.Theo when GM turned his back on manager.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK :  Terry Francona has many friends...coaches/front office people  in other teams. guys who are here in south florida..Thats where the info came from.
    Posted by sofla4patriots

is this in the media? or someone told someone who told you. just curious not challenging.
    thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK :  Actually, Exposito has big league catching skills right now that comapre w/anyone?  OK...to guys who do not think this is fact...Another one....Saltalammchia [ sic] had an affair @ age 16- 17 w/his HS Phys ed teacher...and married her. And how did I find that one out too???...Lots of big league coaches like to talk after a few beers.
    Posted by sofla4patriots

Hello!!!  WOW!!!!  This chick seems seriously warped!  Who, other than some bitter ex - somebody FEEDS ON SUCH RUMORS????  WHO, in their right mind, could possibly be privy to such INSIDE INFO????

The answer is nobody!  Only a bitter person who exists perhaps on the periphery of something to do with baseball /or perhaps even the MLB, & is seriously warped, as this chick most certainly is, thinks they alone have some juicy inside info that everyone else wants to hear! 

When pressed, she gives less than subtle hints as to where she may have heard this reliable information.  Could it possibly be the bar maid at the local sports bar near our Fort Meyers training facilities?????

Sure the hell sounds like it.  It also sounds like she may have served Tek & Wake once & didn't get a big enough tip because she was not quite cute enough to warrant it????

THIS IS A SICK MIND WHO STARTED THIS THREAD!!!

She may be right about one thing????  Everybody talks after a few beeaas!  This moronic chick certainly has had a few too many after her shift tonight!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK : is this in the media? or someone told someone who told you. just curious not challenging. thanks
    Posted by brdbreu

NOT CHALLENGING!!!  HUH!!!!!??????

You're taking this lunatic seriously?   As though if you talk sweetly to her she might dole out a little bit more of this "inside info????"

WOW!!  Don't you think, if SHE was a legitimate source, she would be cashing in on this SOLID INFO that everyone wants to hear so much????

She isn't!  How do I know!  No solid info will EVER COME OUT to back it up!

It obviously flies in the face of EVERYTHING WE HAVE EVER SEEN FROM THESE TWO GUYS!!!!  Did Wake say a couple of selfish things late in this season?  YEP!  Other than that, this c r a p runs counter to EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT THESE TWO GUYS!  Tek???  Questionable new wife, but that's it!

This is one sick chick!  Attention seeker!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Then there was Garciapara's comments yesterday.... Garciaparra said he'd be surprised if Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield would have allowed a situation so bad to linger for very long -- if at all. "When I look at this, that's where I really question: How bad was it?" Garciaparra said. "Was it as extreme as they're making it out to be in the media? Was it maybe one day, maybe it happened one time and it was addressed? "I know a guy there who has a big 'C' on his chest and I know would be right in front of somebody's face talking to them about that," he added. "And I know he has stuff that he's doing with the catching, but I also know a guy like Tim Wakefield, who has so much respect and has been around in this game and what he's meant to this organization, that he wouldn't accept that. "This had to be addressed from these guys, because these guys are too good of leaders and respect the game too much to see this happen around them." http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/nomar-garciaparra-questions-severity-of-latest-red-sox-drama-claims-jason-varitek-tim-wakefield-woul.html   But please, jump on sofla4patriots' bandwagon. I'm sure he is quite the credible source!  
    Posted by brkh

FACT: The Red Sox PR department is in overdrive right now. Nomar is here to throw water on anyone who would demean the Red Sox. He's the spokesperson for Sox brass. As is Pedroia. Rome is burning. To bad leadership (John Henry down) hasn't called the fire department.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's hear more of the PROOF SOFIA????

We know who you are :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK : FACT: The Red Sox PR department is in overdrive right now. Nomar ishere to throw water on anyone who would demean the Red Sox. He's the spokesperson fo Sox brass. As is Pedroia. Rome is burning. To bad leadership (John Henry down) hasn't called the fire department.
    Posted by WesternOregon

This makes so much sense??????

Pedey, the guy who LOVES FRANCONA LIKE A FATHER, is a shill for the RS owners!!  You are one bright bulb!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK :  Again...this is season for instructional leagues in warm weather locations. Info came from other MLB coaches [ ex coaches & scouts]..and front office personnel who were in REGULAR contact w/francona. Am not naming names, but were from American League. Media???? coaches are shocked that this hasn't hit media YET, but it will...So, guess what??? Gammons not too far off with his info on Francona -Theo rift, cause it was bigtime,,,especially back in May-June when Francona demanded Theo get rid of Varitek...and Theo refused.  What you've all read in papers/internet about players...100% true....and much more to come. The stuff about Francona...all lies., except w.Theo when GM turned his back on manager.
    Posted by sofla4patriots

you know LADY.....  Bitter clinger wannabe's like you really make me sick!  You have no problem TRASHING people just so you can feel important.  If you really had some inside info., which you clearly don't, you wouldn't be so obtuse.  You'd either lay it out there clearly, or bring it straight to the media!  You could prove it & still be anonymous.  The media, Globe, ESPN, The Herald, etc. are dying for this type of stuff.  If 'all these MLB GM's know this stuff' don't you think somebody other than your pathetic wanna be azz would be putting it out there??

PATHETIC!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Harness and Roy are still in deep denial...they spent a lifetime defending these veterans and now they have been proven (by many accounts) of hurting the team...I guess it is just too much to ask....everyone knows about Tek's marital woes and his lack of leadership during this meltdown....do we really need him? I guess we should just shoot the messenger -  welcome to the forum sofia
    Posted by georom4

You do have your hangups, don't you.

If you're going to rip me for something I argue, how about wait until I post something. I haven't said anything about Varitek in regard to September so you don't know how the he!! I feel about Tek about this situation. And except a couple of posts talking about how Salty-Tek has ranked together, I haven't posted anything about Tek this year. I can find better things to discuss than backup catcher.

As for Wake, I've rarely posted about Wake because the arguments are old and I'm not one to post the same thing for hundreds of posts like you did about Francona and others do about their pet whine.

All I've posted recently about Wakefield was that I was inclined to give him a pass about his end-of-season comment about going for the Sox record because of all the positives he's contributed to the Red Sox on and off the field in 17 years.

But continue your out-of-the-blue attacks on me. That's fine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Looks like some posters can't get over the notion that their darlings in Wakefield and Tek were really part of the problem!  In all seriousness though, as much as I respect posters like moon and harness, there is no reason why Tek and Wake should be on the team next year.  While Tek may not have been too troublesome, he clearly failed in his role as captain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The "C" on his chest stands for one of George Carlin's 7 dirty words.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by sofla4patriots

Where'd you go SOFIA???  Slink back to grandma's basement????

Wipe those Chito's off your skirt!  What a limp d i c kkkk !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Never believe UNNAMED sources.Always believe the guys who will stand up and take responsibility for their words.

Do not believe sofla, Dan Shaunesy(sp) or any other media report with unnamed sources.
    Do believe Pedroia who says what he says and takes responsibility for his words.

BTW just because a person does not answer an accusation does not mean it is true.
    It means the accused knows what ever he says in his defense will be misinterperted or incorrectly reported.
    I do not trust Boston Sports "Journalists". For 60 years I've seen them screw over all of the Boston teams and players.

The FO is being blamed all the time for the crap that is said about former players and now the manager. All of these reports are always from unnamed sources.
    Don't you think that maybe the reports are coming from 'fired" or people let go by the org. who now have an axe to grind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Never believe UNNAMED sources.Always believe the guys who will stand up and take responsibility for their words. Do not believe sofla, Dan Shaunesy(sp) or any other media report with unnamed sources. Do believe Pedroia who says what he says and takes responsibility for his words. BTW just because a person does not answer an accusation does not mean it is true. It means the accused knows what ever he says in his defense will be misinterperted or incorrectly reported. I do not trust Boston Sports "Journalists". For 60 years I've seen them screw over all of the Boston teams and players. The FO is being blamed all the time for the crap that is said about former players and now the manager. All of these reports are always from unnamed sources. Don't you think that maybe the reports are coming from 'fired" or people let go by the org. who now have an axe to grind.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

You got it Jim!

That's Sofia!  That chick / little boy who got canned & is now stalking the team in Fort Meyers.  Working at that little sports bar....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to RINGLEADER: VARITEK:
     I've never posted out here before on Red sox discussion..But, many of you are aware that this is instructional season...so many, many baseball people here in Florida.  Mid season....a huge disconnect became unbearable between Varitek and Francona...Francona wanted Varitek off the team,,,but Theo wouldn't cut him. Not only was Varitek not producing,,,but was a lockeroom CANCER, w/Beckett, Lester etc...following.. Not only that,  but Variteks girlfriend, was in lockeroom every night, and upper management wouldn't stop this.  So YES, all stories true ...about beer, chicken, and workouts being skipped 2nd half of season....  SAD, but these veterans turned their back on one solid manager...and knowing Boston, with this news out now...ALL will have difficult time playing there again.  FYI, ALL THIS INFO CAME FROM OTHER FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE, from other teams...MLB is all talking about boston bad news.  The guy who started it all...Jason Varitek..others followed the...'Captain'
    Posted by sofla4patriots

This is c r a p and will always be c r a p until you have credible link or source...I say never post on here again and we will all be much better off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK : You do have your hangups, don't you. If you're going to rip me for something I argue, how about wait until I post something. I haven't said anything about Varitek in regard to September so you don't know how the he!! I feel about Tek about this situation. And except a couple of posts talking about how Salty-Tek has ranked together, I haven't posted anything about Tek this year. I can find better things to discuss than backup catcher. As for Wake, I've rarely posted about Wake because the arguments are old and I'm not one to post the same thing for hundreds of posts like you did about Francona and others do about their pet whine. All I've posted recently about Wakefield was that I was inclined to give him a pass about his end-of-season comment about going for the Sox record because of all the positives he's contributed to the Red Sox on and off the field in 17 years. But continue your out-of-the-blue attacks on me. That's fine.
    Posted by royf19

Haha RoyF...looks like this is a Theo Chick free zone nowadays.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

In Response to RINGLEADER: VARITEK : This is c r a p and will always be c r a p until you have credible link or source...I say never post on here again and we will all be much better off.
    Posted by CASox

You're entitled to your opinion...But I do know 1 thing...and that  is that all this is truthful, because of the people it's coming from.

Varitek & Wakefield...no, I do not know their reasons...but was bad bad scene there. Beckett, Lester, Lakey, bucholtz [ described as a punk]..well they may have their guaranteed contracts and the security that goes w/them..but starting next year, they will pay dearly for their complete lack of respect for the game they are fortunate to play for a living.

One thing about Boston fans...they have good memories, and do not take kindly to this type crap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK :  Again...this is season for instructional leagues in warm weather locations. Info came from other MLB coaches [ ex coaches & scouts]..and front office personnel who were in REGULAR contact w/francona. Am not naming names, but were from American League. Media???? coaches are shocked that this hasn't hit media YET, but it will...So, guess what??? Gammons not too far off with his info on Francona -Theo rift, cause it was bigtime,,,especially back in May-June when Francona demanded Theo get rid of Varitek...and Theo refused.  What you've all read in papers/internet about players...100% true....and much more to come. The stuff about Francona...all lies., except w.Theo when GM turned his back on manager.
    Posted by sofla4patriots

I am not sure if the information you have given here is accurate of if you are just trying to stir the pot. It would certainly lend more credibility if you can be more specific on how you came to acquire this knowledge, and you can do so without naming names. Are you an "insider"?
    Certainly, this would go a long way to explaining Boston's demise, and the subsequent exit of both Francona and Epstein, if this is true.
    However, posting this on a fan forum is a far cry from leaking it to the media, and until there is confirmation, this must be taken as rumor and not fact.

Sections
Shortcuts