RINGLEADER: VARITEK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

RINGLEADER: VARITEK

I've never posted out here before on Red sox discussion..But, many of you are aware that this is instructional season...so many, many baseball people here in Florida.

Mid season....a huge disconnect became unbearable between Varitek and Francona...Francona wanted Varitek off the team,,,but Theo wouldn't cut him. Not only was Varitek not producing,,,but was a lockeroom CANCER, w/Beckett, Lester etc...following.. Not only that,  but Variteks girlfriend, was in lockeroom every night, and upper management wouldn't stop this.

So YES, all stories true ...about beer, chicken, and workouts being skipped 2nd half of season....

SAD, but these veterans turned their back on one solid manager...and knowing Boston, with this news out now...ALL will have difficult time playing there again.

FYI, ALL THIS INFO CAME FROM OTHER FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE, from other teams...MLB is all talking about boston bad news.
     The guy who started it all...Jason Varitek..others followed the...'Captain'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK

LOL.. I was with you that maybe there was a revolt... Until you said they turned their back on One Solid Manager... then I was wondering when the guy had visited.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to RINGLEADER: VARITEK:
     I've never posted out here before on Red sox discussion..But, many of you are aware that this is instructional season...so many, many baseball people here in Florida.  Mid season....a huge disconnect became unbearable between Varitek and Francona...Francona wanted Varitek off the team,,,but Theo wouldn't cut him. Not only was Varitek not producing,,,but was a lockeroom CANCER, w/Beckett, Lester etc...following.. Not only that,  but Variteks girlfriend, was in lockeroom every night, and upper management wouldn't stop this.  So YES, all stories true ...about beer, chicken, and workouts being skipped 2nd half of season....  SAD, but these veterans turned their back on one solid manager...and knowing Boston, with this news out now...ALL will have difficult time playing there again.  FYI, ALL THIS INFO CAME FROM OTHER FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE, from other teams...MLB is all talking about boston bad news.  The guy who started it all...Jason Varitek..others followed the...'Captain'
    Posted by sofla4patriots

It shows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Varitek was a joke and must go with other terrible performing old cronies in the clubhouse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

So Chuck and Harness are you discounting sofla's comments because of his presentation???

Neither one of you dared to step up and say that Yes, maybe Varitek was a big part of the problem...especially considering that as "CAPTAIN" he was pretty quiet and non-confrontational when things were falling apart.

I am of the opinion that the two guys, who the Sox supported more than any other players, were the ringleaders if this revolt, and that is fan favorites Varitek and Wakefield.

If either of these guys, along with a bunch of other guys, return for 2012 then the cancer will not be gone.

As a long time Red Sox fan I am still in disbelief that these players turned on themselves, the fans, and the uniform during a season that they were in a position to win it all. How do a lot of these guys ever put on a Sox uniform again??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Varitek and Wakefield don't have a contract to play for the Red Sox. And it is hard to imagine a new GM who would be stupid enough to bid more than the minor league contract that no other MLB team would ever offer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

where did any of this info about varitek come from?

and i agree this is no way to treat someone new to the board.

there is no reason to attack anyone regardless if you dont agree
    (unless someone is incredibly insecure and needs to compensate).

lets welcome everyone to share their thoughts, opinions and feelings.

diversity is a wealth and a value and we are better for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Harness and Roy are still in deep denial...they spent a lifetime defending these veterans and now they have been proven (by many accounts) of hurting the team...I guess it is just too much to ask....everyone knows about Tek's marital woes and his lack of leadership during this meltdown....do we really need him? I guess we should just shoot the messenger -  welcome to the forum sofia

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK:
    Harness and Roy are still in deep denial...they spent a lifetime defending these veterans and now they have been proven (by many accounts) of hurting the team...I guess it is just too much to ask....everyone knows about Tek's marital woes and his lack of leadership during this meltdown....do we really need him? I guess we should just shoot the messenger -  welcome to the forum sofia
    Posted by georom4

Not to mention that "ON THE FIELD" runners are able to enhance their SB percentages when he's catching!

Another issue of...IT'S TIME TO GO!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

I've never posted out here before on Red sox discussion..But, many of you are aware that this is instructional season...so many, many baseball people here in Florida.  Mid season....a huge disconnect became unbearable between Varitek and Francona...Francona wanted Varitek off the team,,,but Theo wouldn't cut him. Not only was Varitek not producing,,,but was a lockeroom CANCER, w/Beckett, Lester etc...following.. Not only that,  but Variteks girlfriend, was in lockeroom every night, and upper management wouldn't stop this.  So YES, all stories true ...about beer, chicken, and workouts being skipped 2nd half of season....  SAD, but these veterans turned their back on one solid manager...and knowing Boston, with this news out now...ALL will have difficult time playing there again.  FYI, ALL THIS INFO CAME FROM OTHER FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE, from other teams...MLB is all talking about boston bad news.  The guy who started it all...Jason Varitek..others followed the...'Captain'
    Posted by sofla4patriots

This is right on the money. Varitek is the biggest culprit in this whole thing. He tried to strong arm Francona for more playing time after the ASB, but Tito held his ground. Varitek responded by eesentially orchestrating a muntiny. He's the biggest fraud going, and should be banned from Fenway for life after being told one word---SCREW!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Beckett was a big problem this year and has trade value. If he is moved, then there is no reason to have Varitek on this team anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

thanks for the tidbits,
    but anyone care to give me the lowdown on the varitek info?
    and was it across the newspapers? when? where'd it come from?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by sofla4patriots

Well if there is any truth to all these articles its all the more reason to dump the vets.  Papi has said in the past he would like to play for the Yankees, Tek and Wake are done so clean the rest of the germs away and start with a team that will play hard.

Papi, Drew, Tek, Wake and anything we can get for Lackey.  Resign Ells and fix the mistakes the coward "Epstien" left behind.  Running from the troubles he helped create won't help his career and I doubt the Cubs go very far for the next several years when Epstien is either labled "genius" or has a hard time finding a job.  Personally I look foward to the changes because I knew we had issues that went much deeper than Tito.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

where did any of this info about varitek come from? and i agree this is no way to treat someone new to the board. there is no reason to attack anyone regardless if you dont agree (unless someone is incredibly insecure and needs to compensate). lets welcome everyone to share their thoughts, opinions and feelings. diversity is a wealth and a value and we are better for it.
    Posted by brdbreu

Terry Francona has many friends...coaches/front office people  in other teams. guys who are here in south florida..Thats where the info came from.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

Posted by georom4

Francona fought Theo very hard to keep Varitek off team...He was as big a lockeroom cancer as sox have ever had...this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Varitek shouldn't be held responsible.      He was present at all emergency meetings in September.

http://nomaas.org/2011/09/red-alert-boston-officials-hold-emergency-meeting/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

sofla, Thanks for your post. Jason Varitek offered a "gratis" contract for 2011. Fatboy Josh Beckett re-signed despite being well-known for his lousy work-ethic and propensity toward over-eating. Tim "the fans deserve to see me set a Red Sox win record" Wakefield also given a "gratis" contract. I bet you heard an ear full from the oldtimers in Florida right now.

I find it amazing how local media and friends are adding to the turmoil with smoke screens and misinformation about the wheels coming off in the clubhouse. EVERYONE in daily media contact knew what was up in the Red Sox clubhouse. EVERYONE. They publish stories about Adrian Gonzalez "blaming" God. They help the Red Sox front office air Terry Francona's dirty laundry.

It has been a great run for the Sox.

Too bad they fell apart from the inside.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: RINGLEADER: VARITEK :  Francona fought Theo very hard to keep Varitek off team...He was as big a lockeroom cancer as sox have ever had...this year.
    Posted by sofla4patriots

How do we know that Francona "fought hard to keep Tek off the team?"  How do people on this board KNOW this stuff???  I don't live in Boston any longer :( , but I keep up on the Sox pretty well.  I have never heard this!!!  EVER!  Besides, it doesn't fit Tito's MO of supporting all his guys to the nth degree!!!  How about D'Mac????  Did he also fight hard to keep him off the team????  How do these guys KNOW that Tek "strong armed Tito for more playing time after the ASB?"

This stuff just doesn't sound like Tek or Tito.  Something doesn't add up!!!!

The only thing that makes me think twice is the new wife????  She seems to have gotten around the MLB???  Judgement???

Other than that......  it just doesn't ring true!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.

Who the hell is Sofia from Florida????  She is now a credible source because she lives in our ST state???  Perhaps 300 miles from the park????  No offense Sofia, but I just don't get your self appointed "cred?"  Furthermore, I don't get why some are treating your OPINIONS as FACT????

Did I miss something????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Varitek, Wakefield, see yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Having said that......  I reluctantly agree that both Wake & Tek must go from the playing field!  Their time has come & gone :(  Time to move on!

Perhaps in a coaching position???  Tek w/ catchers  & Wake w/ PR???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Did Boggs bring the bucket of chicken?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brkh. Show brkh's posts

So some poster comes along with anonymous info from anoymous sources in Florida claiming that Varitek is the "RINGLEADER" and you lemmings jump right over the cliff with him?

Did no one hear or read Pedroia's interview today? I think I'll take his word over "sofla4patriots". Pedroia was actually a member of the team and in the clubhouse. Chances are s4p got his info from the guy on the barstool next to him!!

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/10/13/dustin-pedroia-on-boston-globe-article-a-lot-of-the-stuff-that-was-said-was-pretty-much-not-fair-it-hurts-man/

"We try out hardest as players to police each other. [Jason Varitek] is the best. From what I’ve read he’s taken some shots about being the captain and how he wasn’t being a leader. That’s false. Tek’s in there. He says things to me. He says things to everybody. He’ll say things to Jacoby to make him a better player, to everybody. The leadership, I know 7-20 in September looks bad and everybody can say the lack of leadership, but that’s not true. We all wanted to win."

And:

"Everyone’s different. We have a lot of leaders on our team. That’s the thing, when I read, that kind of gets to me. Tek’s the type that leads by example but when you get out of line he’s going to say a couple of things to you and there’s no questions asked and there’s no barking back, you do it. That’s how Tek runs his ship and it’s very effective. He’s pretty scary. You guys all see him."

I've never seen fans so quick to throw their veteran players under the bus like you guys have. It's embarrassing. You are exactly the kind of fans that hack writers like Dan Shaughnessy love. That's why the Globe and ESPN have turned into the tabloid media! They're like TMZ!

Seriously...a guy like Varitek is suddenly going to go postal and become a problem in the clubhouse one summer?

And don't tell me that Pedroia is just towing the line for his teammates! Somehow I get the strong impression that he isn't that kind of personality. If you're screwing up, he's going to call you out on it and not cover for you. He is certainly not going to bring a teammate's name up to praise him when no one was specifically asking about him in an interview! 

The fans want to crown Pedroia the next Captain yet they don't want to believe what he is telling them? How does that make any sense?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

What a joke.  This kid is trying to be just like these medias stirring up bunch of crazy stories at the same time wanting to see the fans to go nuts!!

First of all, I never believe most of the stories in the past many days.

Second of all, we will have a new GM and new manager which that is good for the club so that way they can start fresh all over again next year. 

Third is that, they are going to go young again and try to win as many world series title (s) as they can. 

Therefore, Veritek is gone no matter if he is the cancer to the club or not!!

Thank for your false information!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Varitek , great contributer in 04, 07. Thanks for the memories. 40 year old catchers don't have a place in MLB. Unless they become DH's . I don't believe he will be back, the Lavarnway era has begun.

Sections
Shortcuts