2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: RIP NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ted Kennedy was a great example of an honest and trustworthy public servant working for social justice. He was an authentic leader of integration, both in his intimate personal decisions as well as in teaching his children to integrate when making intimate behavorial choices.

[/QUOTE]

Not only that , but he was a heck of a good swimmer too. 

[/QUOTE]
    You see DGalehouse and JimfromFla and TWM:

If you want this thread to be about the General then don't bring up Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, or Reagan. Is that difficult to understand?

[/QUOTE]

Look pike, this theory you posted was debunked 20 years ago, GHW Bush couldn't have been in two places at the same time is what it came down to.

Not to mention the guy as we speak is laying in a hospital bed surrounded by his family.

Poor taste by you but no surprise.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ted Kennedy was a great example of an honest and trustworthy public servant working for social justice. He was an authentic leader of integration, both in his intimate personal decisions as well as in teaching his children to integrate when making intimate behavorial choices.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you want this thread to be about the General then don't bring up Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, or Reagan. Is that difficult to understand?

[/QUOTE]

Look pike, this theory you posted was debunked 20 years ago, GHW Bush couldn't have been in two places at the same time is what it came down to.

Not to mention the guy as we speak is laying in a hospital bed surrounded by his family.

[/QUOTE]
    We could argue that theory for hours after much research but that wasn't my point but that belongs on another forum.  This thread belonged on another forum also. So did  the comments about Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, and Reagan. I did not divert the thread, I responded.  If the thread continued about the General then I Never would have responded.  I didn't come to this thread to irritate anyone but others did.

[/QUOTE]

Hey pike I didn't interject politics on this thread, you did.

With an absolute desperate screwball attack on a former President who is currently fighting for his life.

Btw both houses of congress looked into your theory and dropped it for lack of documentation to support it.

Please show me a political post by me on this thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Here I am arguing with a crazy man expecting him to be logical.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Review the thread from the start TWM. Please do that and you just might understand my drift. I only came in when some bozo went off on a tangent and criticized Carter. Tell me if he was wrong before you attack me. Have a good night. The thread should have been ONLY about the General.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to review this thread from the beginning.

I don't know what Jimmy Carter has to do with your post.

All I had to do was read your post from some whacko internet site sliming GHW Bush.

I don't care how you justify posting that piece of rubbish.

GWH Bush flew 58 combat missions during WWII and was shot down in hostile territory.

He is 88 years old and in ICU the timing of your post was classless, stupid and your attempt to justify it typically pike.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

I was responding to the post of SinceYaz of 2:42 pm that started this whole arguement. Go back and review that. SinceYaz set the thread onto a tangent and this happens all too frequently. I was not responding to anything that you said.  SinceYaz ruined the thread, blame it on him.

[/QUOTE]

The "devil made me do it".

I'm not responsible for how I respond.

Good defense pike.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I didn't vote for GHW Bush his 2nd term and in retrospect I don't know why.

We need more leaders in high places like Storming Norman and GHW.

People who have walked the walk.

Just read about his WWII experience, he was just a kid. Big set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

I responded to the 2:42 post by SinceYaz. He made the thread political, understand? At that moment the thread was no longer about the General.  Blame him if the thread deteriorated.  Don't blame me. Everytime that any thread gets diverted or thrown off on a tangent then it is " fair game" for me or anyone else to intervene. SinceYaz ruined the thread. I was merely responded by supporting Jimmy Carter, get it? If SinceYaz wants to attack Carter, then he should start a seperate thread about Jimmy Carter and the hostage situation. First of all, this is the wrong forum for that but if he wants to proceed then he should do it outside of the this thread. Can you keep up with me? Why is this so damn difficult to understand?

[/QUOTE]

pike you posted the bogus story on GHW Bush, that is what I responded to.

Is it really that confusing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yaz made me search the internet for the bogus story on Bush, he threatened to kill all my cows.

To put my prize tutu up for sale on e-bay. Yaz made me do it. Don't you understand?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

At 2:42 sinceYaz made internet history.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

SinceYaz is responsible

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

The statement by SinceYaz at 2:42 wasn't bogus? Can you prove that he was right  ? Yet my sources about Bush flying to Paris and telling the Iranians to delay the release of the hostages for $40 mil. was bogus? I know that you are hurting from the election results of 2012 but try to be realistic and honest.

[/QUOTE]

Edith, you need a strong man in your life.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

I responded to the 2:42 post by SinceYaz. He made the thread political, understand? At that moment the thread was no longer about the General.  Blame him if the thread deteriorated.  Don't blame me. Everytime that any thread gets diverted or thrown off on a tangent then it is " fair game" for me or anyone else to intervene. SinceYaz ruined the thread. I was merely responded by supporting Jimmy Carter, get it? If SinceYaz wants to attack Carter, then he should start a seperate thread about Jimmy Carter and the hostage situation. First of all, this is the wrong forum for that but if he wants to proceed then he should do it outside of the this thread. Can you keep up with me? Why is this so damn difficult to understand?

[/QUOTE]

I used leadership as an example and did not attack Jimmy Carter.  I voted for Carter and still think he was one of the more ethical men that has occupied the Oval Office.   What I responded to was the issue Zilla brought up about our technology being superior - it had better be, we pay top dollar for the best and somehow the General wasn't a factor. 

If the bullshirt you want to bring up about supposed back channel stuff is how you wish to respond, fine.  But you missed the whole point.  As usual.  

Your mindset is reprehensible.  I was trying to honor someone.  I don't know who you are and I could give a rat's patoot about it ... this is the last time I will ever waste my time with you.

What a complete idiot and moron you are.  The whole thread was not about sports ... you make the fictional Homer Simpson look like a genuine Oxford scholar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing that Edith posted made any sense.  They held the hostages for about a year, then, for no reason, they were about to let them go, except for a bribe?  And to what end? So that Reagan would've been elected?  A guy that would've blackened the skies v a guy completely indeisive?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I used leadership as an example and did not attack Jimmy Carter.  I voted for Carter and still think he was one of the more ethical men that has occupied the Oval Office.   What I responded to was the issue Zilla brought up about our technology being superior - it had better be, we pay top dollar for the best and somehow the General wasn't a factor. 

If the bullshirt you want to bring up about supposed back channel stuff is how you wish to respond, fine.  But you missed the whole point.  As usual.  

Your mindset is reprehensible.  I was trying to honor someone.  I don't know who you are and I could give a rat's patoot about it ... this is the last time I will ever waste my time with you.

What a complete idiot and moron you are.  The whole thread was not about sports ... you make the fictional Homer Simpson look like a genuine Oxford scholar.

[/QUOTE]

I hope so..... he is creepy isn't he Yaz?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

Why is the forum 90% ultra-Conservative when the population is only 10%? Makes one wonder if an ultra-Conservative has multiple aliases here. Anyway the thread does not belong in a baseball forum. Softlaw must have about ten aliases here who are posting concurrently and yet the forum only can see multiple Kims and Pikes. Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

This is the post that sent a thread of honor and respect in another directon......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hIn response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Technology "kicked butt" in Desert Storm, not Schwarzkopf.

We had better high-tech killing machines than the Iraqis.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt we had better stuff, Zilla, but there is no doubt that leadership makes a difference.  We have seen when leadership fails = both in sprt and in real life.  The General was very competrent and made a huge difference in winning that first go round.  As a matter of fact, the blood thirsty leaders of Iraq counted on American leadership failure.  The failed effort  of Pres. Carter to get back the hostages as well as the cruise missile attacks of Pres. Clinton, which were seen as ineffective and cowardly, convinced Hussein and Ben Laden we didn't have the leadership or guts to make decisions that have effective results.   Schwarzkopf lead things effectively.

[/QUOTE]

To JimfromFla,  My review of the release of the Iran hostages was in response to the highlighted comments made by SinceYaz shown above. Posters should not go off onto tangents here and if they do so then so shall I. There was no NEED whatsoever for SinceYaz to bring Jimmy Carter and Reagan into this thread but they did and I responded.  SinceYaz attacked Carter and Clinton in a thread that was supposed to be about someone else. Why not attack them instead of me. If you wish to attack them, Carter and Clinton, then start another thread about them and leave this thread to the General. The problem with this forum is that posters always go off on tangents and then that opens it up to everything and everyone, right?

[/QUOTE]
    I apoligize I did not see that reference. Yes that was wrong as well and that was a sorry comment made in a thread that should not have added it.

However just because that person does something dumb does not mean you should follow him down that road. You made it worse in light of the thread being about a GREAT MAN.

As Bill's Dad would say TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I did not bring up Kennedy softy did. I hoped it was sarcasm and I also stated it should not have been posted here.

The Kennedy and Carter comments made by others are totally out of line and show how bad some on this forum have gotten. When they can not stay on topic even about a GREAT MAN

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hIn response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Technology "kicked butt" in Desert Storm, not Schwarzkopf.

We had better high-tech killing machines than the Iraqis.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt we had better stuff, Zilla, but there is no doubt that leadership makes a difference.  We have seen when leadership fails = both in sprt and in real life.  The General was very competrent and made a huge difference in winning that first go round.  As a matter of fact, the blood thirsty leaders of Iraq counted on American leadership failure.  The failed effort  of Pres. Carter to get back the hostages as well as the cruise missile attacks of Pres. Clinton, which were seen as ineffective and cowardly, convinced Hussein and Ben Laden we didn't have the leadership or guts to make decisions that have effective results.   Schwarzkopf lead things effectively.

[/QUOTE]

To JimfromFla,  My review of the release of the Iran hostages was in response to the highlighted comments made by SinceYaz shown above. Posters should not go off onto tangents here and if they do so then so shall I. There was no NEED whatsoever for SinceYaz to bring Jimmy Carter and Reagan into this thread but they did and I responded.  SinceYaz attacked Carter and Clinton in a thread that was supposed to be about someone else. Why not attack them instead of me. If you wish to attack them, Carter and Clinton, then start another thread about them and leave this thread to the General. The problem with this forum is that posters always go off on tangents and then that opens it up to everything and everyone, right?

[/QUOTE]
    I apoligize I did not see that reference. Yes that was wrong as well and that was a sorry comment made in a thread that should not have added it.

However just because that person does something dumb does not mean you should follow him down that road. You made it worse in light of the thread being about a GREAT MAN.

As Bill's Dad would say TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT

[/QUOTE]

Jim, the reference to Pres. Carter's failed efforts to get the hostages back was unclear and I apologize.  I was referencing the failed military effort as recorded below:

On April 24, 1980, an ill-fated military operation to rescue the 52 American hostages held in Tehran ends with eight U.S. servicemen dead and no hostages rescued.

With the Iran Hostage Crisis stretching into its sixth month and all diplomatic appeals to the Iranian government ending in failure, President Jimmy Carter ordered the military mission as a last ditch attempt to save the hostages. During the operation, three of eight helicopters failed, crippling the crucial airborne plans. The mission was then canceled at the staging area in Iran, but during the withdrawal one of the retreating helicopters collided with one of six C-130 transport planes, killing eight soldiers and injuring five. The next day, a somber Jimmy Carter gave a press conference in which he took full responsibility for the tragedy. The hostages were not released for another 270 days.

Link:  http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hostage-rescue-mission-ends-in-disaster

The military equipment - an point Zilla brought up - used at the time was fine for our normal theaters of involvement such as Europe, Pacific rim Asia and so on, but was NOT ready for the demands of desert warfare.  The LEADERSHIP issue that was in question was one that was not properly informed ... but the military learned from this gaff and began retooling for the fine dust and sand of the terrain in the Middle East.    The rescue attempt was seen as a disaster - but if you remember, Jimmy Carter was a man who learned while in office.  He was often seen taking huge tomes of information as his reading material - to his credit.  Many ridiculed him for seeming so intent on learning.  I did not.  I found it refreshing that he didn't put on airs that he knew it all.

Norman Schwarzkopf was a beneficiary of the technical lessons learned.  But his leadership was top notch and showed clarity, purpose and defined resolve.    As I stated in my first post, the General was one of the examples of efficiency and effectiveness that convinced my older son that the military was also efficient and effective and thus gave himself whole-heartedly in service for the last decade.

25. This post has been removed.