Robertson best Set Up Man in the AL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Robertson best Set Up Man in the AL

In Response to Re: Robertson best Set Up Man in the AL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Robertson best Set Up Man in the AL : Come on, Steven, a thread started by Babe titled "[Insert Yankee Name Here] is the best [insert position here] in the AL".  This is an invitation for talking trash if there ever was one. You may be right about Bard's fastball being straight, but since his breaking ball is the speed of most fast-balls, it doesn't really matter.  If you're expecting a 90 MPH pitch to break, how do you adjust to a 99 MPH pitch that's straight? For the record, the best WHIP of Nolan Ryan's career was 1.006.  Bard's is 0.8!
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

You have a point there; however, Ryan's WHIP tells you that WHIP, although telling, isn't everything. And SP WHIP is not the same as RP WHIP, for starters (NPI).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Robertson best Set Up Man in the AL : Bard is repeating success from 2010. Isn't that like suppose to be difficult for relievers?
    Posted by Mt200[/QUOTE]

Bard was a mixed bag last yr; where've you been?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Bard was a mixed bag last yr; where've you been?

Last year Bard had an ERA of 1.93 in 73 games.  In 74.2 IP he gave up 45 hits for a .173 BAve against, and a WHIP of 1.00, while striking out 76.

Your post is truly one of the stupidest statements made this season here, and that is saying a lot, with softy (and all his aliases), The Babe, and Smiley all included.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]                                              2010 BOS 1 2 1.93 73 0 0 0 3 10 74.2 45 18 16 6 2 30 3 76 .176 1.00 1.19 Bard was a mixed bag last yr; where've you been? Last year Bard had an ERA of 1.93 in 73 games.  In 74.2 IP he gave up 45 hits for a .173 BAve against, and a WHIP of 1.00, while striking out 76. Your post is truly one of the stupidest statements made this season here, and that is saying a lot, with softy (and all his aliases), The Babe, and Smiley all included.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

When you're a NYY fan a 1.73 ERA although impressive for one or two or even three years doesn't impress us much, we're spoiled as you know......Sorry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Robertson best Set Up Man in the AL : What a coincidence, Softlaw is from that area and is also a Tar Heel fan. Are you also an arbitrator and a golf pro?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]
    Yes, Pike, I am a Yankees troll on the side. I waste valuable time switching from this account to The Babe's account solely for the purpose of annoying you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Once the Yankees face the Red Sox again, Robertson's ERA will go over 3.00.  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]                                              2010 BOS 1 2 1.93 73 0 0 0 3 10 74.2 45 18 16 6 2 30 3 76 .176 1.00 1.19 Bard was a mixed bag last yr; where've you been? Last year Bard had an ERA of 1.93 in 73 games.  In 74.2 IP he gave up 45 hits for a .173 BAve against, and a WHIP of 1.00, while striking out 76. Your post is truly one of the stupidest statements made this season here, and that is saying a lot, with softy (and all his aliases), The Babe, and Smiley all included.

I guess I was wrong. As far as it being one of the stupidest statements goes however, considering what's posted here, that's debatable. I do recall posters and the media complaining about him last yr, and that's what I was basing it on, without checking the stats first, and my bad; I guess stupid goes as stupid does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Fair enough, nhsteven.  I overstated the issue as well.  my excuse was 3 glasses of sangria, topped with an amaretta cordial. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Fair enough, nhsteven.  I overstated the issue as well.  my excuse was 3 glasses of sangria, topped with an amaretta cordial. 

I'm jealous of last night.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]BABE once again you are delusional. Robertson is good, really good....and I would even concede he may be as good as Bard, but your argument can't for him being better can't really go beyond the fact that you are a Yankee fan.   After opening day Bard has a 1.16 ERA pretty identical to Robertsons 1.17, his WHIP is about .40 points lower at .80 compared to Robertsons 1.25 Bard has a BB/9 of 3.4/9 as opposed to 4.9/9 for Robertson, he has a HR/9 of ZERO as opposed to .6 (Robertson has given up 3)  So Bard has better control and does NOT give up the long ball.  Batters are hitting .161 off of Bard as opposed to .179 off of Robertson.  Bard also has 3 more holds and one less blown save. And more importantly ROBERTSON has let 26.6% of inherited runners score while Bard has only let 13% that's HALF compared to Robertson....HALF So while I think RObertson is really good, after his ability strike people out he really has NOTHING on Bard.  Sorry babe, you know we all love you here....but Bards better. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Nice selective stat.  They all count.  The stat that really counts for setup man:  Bard 5 BS/L, Roberston 3.

Both are real good lately and any GM would take either if offered.

I'll take the guy the Yankees already have.