Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

Type in #Cano into twitter and rumors are Cano tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and that MLB will announce it in a few hours and he will be suspended. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Type in #Cano into twitter and rumors are Cano tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and that MLB will announce it in a few hours and he will be suspended. Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Some are saying it's not true, some are saying it is. I honestly hope it's not just because I really like Cano as a player even tho he is a Yankee

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Is this being brought up, because he's been in a big slump? Does that mean anyone who does so is coming off PED usage? Only to simple minded fans and media.

I hate this stuff, because it can taint an innocent player with a false positive.(see Ryan Braun) Like Braun, Cano has been a star from day one, and been tested dozens of times over the years for PEDs.This isn't a case of someone suddenly becoming a super hiter out of nowhere.

Just like the idiot Skip Bayless accusing Jeter of using PEDs. It's just too easy to smear a player with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm still waiting for Granderson to test positive or get caught with a corked bat.

Seriously how's a little guy like this hitting so many homers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

lol @ braun = innocent.  seriously?  that's like a criminal that get's out of it because he wasnt read his Miranda rights.

god i hope it's true about Cano.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Really, smart guy? As Kevin Millar said a couple of days ago, "The haters on Ryan Braun are idiots! Just watch what he's doing this season, and how he's been under the microscope, and doing it all without Prince Fielder."

I fully agree. Braun is having a better year than his MVP season. You think MLB isn't testing him, even moreso, to try to nail him?

Yeah. let idiots hope that players they don't like get caught. Just plain moronic! By the way, no player ever got away easier than David Ortiz. "Oh, I thought it was vitamins" to which 99% of Sox fans said, "Oh, yeah. OK, David. Just keep doing what you're doing!" Hypocrites!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this being brought up, because he's been in a big slump? Does that mean anyone who does so is coming off PED usage? Only to simple minded fans and media.

I hate this stuff, because it can taint an innocent player with a false positive.(see Ryan Braun) Like Braun, Cano has been a star from day one, and been tested dozens of times over the years for PEDs.This isn't a case of someone suddenly becoming a super hiter out of nowhere.

Just like the idiot Skip Bayless accusing Jeter of using PEDs. It's just too easy to smear a player with that.

[/QUOTE]
    Braun's wasn't a false positive. He got off because the tester held onto the sample too long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  i don't think Braun's case qualifies as a "false" positive...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Braun's wasn't a false positive. He got off because the tester held onto the sample too long.

[/QUOTE]
     Which makes the sample possibly contaminated and the result of the test unrelaible.  That's why there are rules about preserving the samples.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Here's a writer for AOL Sports, who admits he was hoping Braun hit 4 HRs this year, and now has changed his mind.

"Clean players simply aren’t supposed to turn into Hank Aaron overnight, and then revert to Tommie Aaron after the PED police pay a visit.

Clean players are consistent, and Braun has remained Hank. He’s actually slugging better than 2011 despite not having Prince Fielder batting behind him.

His stats after Sunday: 40 homers, 103 RBI, a .312 batting average and a couple million skeptics.

There’s still suspicion, so much that last year’s MVP might not even finish in the top five this season. But at this point, what more can Braun do?

He was cleared by the system. The whole thing was supposed to be confidential to begin with, but Braun’s name was leaked.

That was the first step in a good name going bad. The only way to get it back was to play like the Braun of old.

Players may lie, but numbers don’t. Braun not only sounds like an innocent man, he’s hitting like one."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think we all should be well beyond being shocked by anything.  The use of PEDs is widespread.  No one is above suspicion.  No one .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Several Tweets, No One Can Confirm This Yet.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Should be telling if he's in or out of tonights lineup

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

What I've read is, his friendship with Melky Cabrera make his a target.

Guilt by association. Melky was having a career year far above his normal season. Cano, has actually put up lesser numbers than before. His slump does seem to coincide with cabrera getting caught, but that's purely conjecture.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] he's in...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

How could a baseball fan hope Cano turns out guilty?  Because he plays on another team?  Seems like a decent, hardworking great player to me.  I hope he's innocent and found so....if he's guilty I hope he's found so and suffers the maximum penalty the rules allow for....and the rules should be made more draconian.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

unfortunately, the climate of the game right now....can't dismiss anyone..and IMO ANYONE caught..you deserve what you get.. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The rumors might be coming because of his work with the suspect trainer. Can't think of his name. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

MT @YankeesWFAN: there is no truth to Cano rumor. And reporter who started this goose chase put it out with zero confirmation

1mPete AbrahamPete Abraham@PeteAbe

RT @BloggingBombers: Multiple team and league sources have also confirmed that there is no Cano positive test or suspension

1m Pete AbrahamPete Abraham@PeteAbe

MT @BloggingBombers: Nothing to this Cano/PED rumor. I just spoke with Cano and he said he has not tested positive. no suspension coming

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] he's in...

[/QUOTE]
    a co worker  said players have x amount of time to refute any charge. Anyone know??

Also just saw a tweet Peter Gammons said he heard two weeks Cano tested postive but nothing since.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

My personal opinion is that he may have used them at times , like so many players.  I think he is smart enough to leave them alone at this point.  I doubt that the rumors will prove to be true.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

What's your personal opinion based on, Denny?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A topic like this seems to get more sizzle these days than anything else on this board. What does that say?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for Granderson to test positive or get caught with a corked bat.

Seriously how's a little guy like this hitting so many homers?

[/QUOTE]

This comment of yours, given your posting history, surprises me. However, now that I've gotten over the surprise, here's guessing if he was a little guy who suddenly got bigger, with the same stats, you'd be saying the same for that  (Note: He hit 30+HRs multiple times in Det, a pitchers park; the projection by some was he would hit 40+ in YS, so when he didn't in his 1st season, it caught some off guard)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A topic like this seems to get more sizzle these days than anything else on this board. What does that say?

[/QUOTE]

steven, it's not like any NYY poster ever made reference to a sox players ped use, verified or not.