Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

A topic like this seems to get more sizzle these days than anything else on this board. What does that say?

steven, it's not like any NYY poster ever made reference to a sox players ped use, verified or not.

The only references I've seen from Yankee fabs were regarding Papi and Manny both who failed the PED MLB administered in 2003.

As far as unverified ped use I can't recall any Sox players fingered by Yankee fans here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

What's your personal opinion based on, Denny?

That he may have used in the past ?  His success , along with his association with a trainer known to dispense them.   And , his frienship with Cabrera and ARod.  And , my feeling that the use of PEDs was very widespread.   That he does not use them now ?  That he knows the consequences if caught.  That he is intelligent enough to know that it would damage his reputation and career.  I'm sure his agent ( Boras ) has talked to him about it.  As I said , it is just my personal opinion. I have nothing to back it up.   I wouldbe surprised , but not shocked ,  if he tested positive at this time.

So.....heresay, assumption, guilt-by-association, the strong advocacy behind him and his high performance makes you suspicious.  Have I got that right?   Do you really stand by that without any shame?

No evidence, no facts.....isn't your "personal opinion" just a factless guess?  Is that fair to Cano?

You're a smart guy, how can you defend that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That he may have used in the past ?  His success , along with his association with a trainer known to dispense them.   And , his frienship with Cabrera and ARod.  And , my feeling that the use of PEDs was very widespread.   That he does not use them now ?  That he knows the consequences if caught.  That he is intelligent enough to know that it would damage his reputation and career.  I'm sure his agent ( Boras ) has talked to him about it.  As I said , it is just my personal opinion. I have nothing to back it up.   I wouldbe surprised , but not shocked ,  if he tested positive at this time.

So.....heresay, assumption, guilt-by-association, the strong advocacy behind him and his high performance makes you suspicious.  Have I got that right?   Do you really stand by that without any shame?

No evidence, no facts.....isn't your "personal opinion" just a factless guess?  Is that fair to Cano?

The way it is today , no one escapes suspicion.  That is the reality. Cano is certainly no exception. Far from it.  Everyone has their opinion of things , without having proof.   That is why they are called opinions.   If I had proof , it would be more than an opinion. I really don't know why I tried to respond to you.  I should know better. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

agreed, on all counts. 

The way it is today , no one escapes suspicion.  That is the reality. Cano is certainly no exception. Far from it.  Everyone has their opinion of things , without having proof.   That is why they are called opinions.   If I had proof , it would be more than an opinion. I really don't know why I tried to respond to you.  I should know better. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Denny: "The way it is today, no one escapes suspicion"?  That is good enough for you?  It's not good enough for me.

You wrote "If I had proof , it would be more than an opinion"....exactly!  You accused Cano of a felony (I think) with no proof whatsover.....yet when I politely suggested the unfairness of that assumption I'm now an ignorant abuser you should have ignored.  Gotcha.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

Have any of you ever been on jury duty?

Sadly no....I've always longed to be called. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Who cares?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A topic like this seems to get more sizzle these days than anything else on this board. What does that say?

steven, it's not like any NYY poster ever made reference to a sox players ped use, verified or not.

That wasn't the point; perhaps you just felt the need to respond

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

no, what was the point ?? 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I hate to be the only contrarian here (well, maybe not) but drugs in baseball are as old as old as baseball. Or does anyone want to tell me that Hammerin' Hank never hit hit a home run under the influence of bennies. Babe Ruth was also known to occasionally be under the influence during baseball games. So please spare me all the moralistic sermonizing. People have always liked drugs and they always will. Get used to it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Gammons called it a "fabrication" today...Could the rumor develop some reality soon?? Possibly..But MLB not wieghing in could be interpreted in either way, especially for anyone who thinks the Yanks get special treatment.  Personally I would not be shocked, but right now it is firmly in the rumor column...Not sure why Gammons used the term "fabrication" other than to intimate he knows it is NOT true....

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/09/20/robinson-cano-ped-rumor-started-by-random-north-carolina-tv-reporter/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I hate to be the only contrarian here (well, maybe not) but drugs in baseball are as old as old as baseball. Or does anyone want to tell me that Hammerin' Hank never hit hit a home run under the influence of bennies. Babe Ruth was also known to occasionally be under the influence during baseball games. So please spare me all the moralistic sermonizing. People have always liked drugs and they always will. Get used to it.

To me, you're not a contrarian at all, you're a realist. The recent decline in MLB batting performance?  Fugg steroids, uppers are now tested for. Ask Bouton, Boston was the dealing epicentre...but of course not St. Yaz or .............

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Apparently, you didn't understand my original post. The point is this forum is dead, but comes alive with salivating hyenas when there is a rumor of a NYY testing positive for PEDs. If Cano was on Sea, I doubt there would be this much action.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

A level playing field is the issue. No moralizing or sermon is needed. Impose rules that ALL players use PEDs and steroids or else none do. Why is that difficult yo understand?
    So you tell me. When has the playing field ever been level?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Apparently, you didn't understand my original post. The point is this forum is dead, but comes alive with salivating hyenas when there is a rumor of a NYY testing positive for PEDs. If Cano was on Sea, I doubt there would be this much action.

nope,  understood it the first time. so my original post stands. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

A level playing field is the issue. No moralizing or sermon is needed. Impose rules that ALL players use PEDs and steroids or else none do. Why is that difficult yo understand?

So you tell me. When has the playing field ever been level?

So you were fine with the Bucky Dent corked bat or a sox player striking out on a spitball? If anything goes then why follow baseball at all.

What can I say? If there's a game there'll be cheating. If you don't like games why post here? Looking for attention?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

nope,  understood it the first time. so my original post stands. 

Well, I don't get it. So we'll leave it at that.

Sections
Shortcuts