Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Type in #Cano into twitter and rumors are Cano tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and that MLB will announce it in a few hours and he will be suspended. Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad MLB is finally starting to put some sort of accountability in place for testing positive but that doesn't necessarily mean Cano isn't another victim like Braun.  I think at least one player from every team has done PEDS at one time or another.

The game was tainted for years and we all have to just face the facts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

A Yankee on Roids????  Impossible.  I hear they tried testing Jeter but his Urine keeps melting the cups.

[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true malcontent fan of a rival team. While we're at it, maybe there should be an investigation as to why TW hit 388 at the age of 39. It could have been a Teddy greenie fest.

See how retxarded that sounds?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Have a great weekend all.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

That would explain why he went from a .235 hitting also ran to Mr. Big almost overnight. Wow what a laugh that would be. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this being brought up, because he's been in a big slump? Does that mean anyone who does so is coming off PED usage? Only to simple minded fans and media.

I hate this stuff, because it can taint an innocent player with a false positive.(see Ryan Braun) Like Braun, Cano has been a star from day one, and been tested dozens of times over the years for PEDs.This isn't a case of someone suddenly becoming a super hiter out of nowhere.

Just like the idiot Skip Bayless accusing Jeter of using PEDs. It's just too easy to smear a player with that.

[/QUOTE]

Right. "False positive"? And just how did this so called false positive take place? We never did hear a solid explanation. He had smoething like five or ten times the natural level in his blood. Did the guy that ran the test spill an old two liter bottle of Canseco's urine on the table before he ran Braun's test? What? He's guilty, and got off with a technicality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny thing. Only baseball has really made some effort to do something about PEDs.
    You can't tell me that the NFL and NBA don't have legions of roiders.
    Just look at the average NBA player (because it's easier than looking at NFLers loaded with padding). Just jacked bodies. Then look at a 1985 video of the Celts.
    Now, we'll get all the, "these guys work more with weights, and athletes are more developed than in those days". I don't buy it. Maybe that's true to some extent, but not to the degree that we're seeing today.
    So, how many NFL and NBA players have been suspended lately for PEDs?
    A slew of athletes were caught in the Olympics for PEDs.
    I can't think of any for the NBA, and really, for the NFL.
    The powers that be in those leagues, just don't want to rock the boat.

[/QUOTE]

The use of PEDs is widespread.  It is in all sports , at all levels.  Also , in police and fire departments , as well as throughout show business.  At least baseball is making an attempt to control it.  But it is a losing battle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And BTW, Cano was not a star from day one. He was a struggling, mediocre, maddeningly inconsistent, 7th place hitter before he all the sudden turned into Maris. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but don't tell us he was a star from day one.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And BTW, Cano was not a star from day one. He was a struggling, mediocre, maddeningly inconsistent, 7th place hitter before he all the sudden turned into Maris. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but don't tell us he was a star from day one.

[/QUOTE]

Cano's BAs are : 297, 342, 306, 271, 320, 319, 302, 299. That's maddingly inconsistent?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This reporter from the Charlotte, NC newspaper ( isn't that where Softlaw lives) who is a rabid Mets fan started this BS about Cano. He has since killed his tweeter account. Why not call this thread BS and start another one about the Red Sox?

[/QUOTE]

Not really, pike. Peter Gammons said he also heard two weeks ago, Cano tested positive for PEDS, nothing since.  The difference, Gammons knew enough to keep it to himself. May not have heard the last of this. we'll see. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Exam can speak for himself steven, but I think he's talking about the first season they brought him up. I remember talking to a friend of mine, who is a nyy fan him that year. he said he thought Cano would turn out to be "OK" I beleive it was the season after they traded Soriano. 

[/QUOTE]

Cano's BAs are : 297, 342, 306, 271, 320, 319, 302, 299. That's maddingly inconsistent?

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Exam can speak for himself steven, but I think he's talking about the first season they brought him up. I remember talking to a friend of mine, who is a nyy fan him that year. he said he thought Cano would turn out to be "OK" I beleive it was the season after they traded Soriano. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

could be the BA was there, and the power wasnt, as I recall. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those BAs are not of an also ran player. He wasn't good defensively in the early going either. And it is not unusual for a newcomer to need a few seasons to acquire the HR touch; to wit, here are the early HR totals of a few others; note the progression:

Mantle:13,23,21,27 (Then a league leading 37, 52)

Musial:10,13,12,16,19 (Then 39)

Yaz:11, 19, 14,15,20,16 (Then 44,23,40,40)

Henderson: 1,9,6,10,9,16,24,28

Clemente: 5,7,4,6,4,16,23

Yount: 3,8,2,4,9,8,23,10,29

Hornsby: 6,8,5,8,9,21,42

Aaron: 13,27,26,44

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those BAs are not of an also ran player. He wasn't good defensively in the early going either. And it is not unusual for a newcomer to need a few seasons to acquire the HR touch; to wit, here are the early HR totals of a few others; note the progression:

[/QUOTE]

could be, steven. It's a different game now, thanks to the streoid era. I'll readily admit Cano is someone I've always suspected, fair or not. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

could be, steven. It's a different game now, thanks to the streoid era. I'll readily admit Cano is someone I've always suspected, fair or not. 

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're rooting for that. And if you are fair, did you ever suspect Nomar?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

BTW, I've suspected Posada.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Also, let me point out that ALL of those guys I mentioned most likely did greenies, (Aaron admitted it, and I believe Mantle did it to get over hangovers) which has a greater short term effect than the long term effect from steroids. Do they get a free pass?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and he also had-as I recall-hot and cold streaks that NN false griped about.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Examiner, were you responding to a recent post or to the opening post? Why all of the spurious garbage that I don't want to reread?

[/QUOTE]

Pike I have no clue what you're talking about. What spurious garbage? Braun? the guy is as guilty as sin. Never liked him anyway. If you don't want to read my posts, put me on ignore. Stop reading them and responding, you only end up getting squashed like a grape.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and he also had-as I recall-hot and cold streaks that NN false griped about.

[/QUOTE]

That NYY fans griped about that is. Stupid iPad, stupid autocorrect.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I believe this could be a pike imposter