Rockies reportedly want Kyle Weiland, Will Middlebrooks from Red Sox for Ubaldo Jimenez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

Re: Rockies reportedly want Kyle Weiland, Will Middlebrooks from Red Sox for Ubaldo Jimenez

In Response to Re: Rockies reportedly want Kyle Weiland, Will Middlebrooks from Red Sox for Ubaldo Jimenez:
    Re: Rockies reportedly want Kyle Weiland, Will Middlebrooks from Red Sox for Ubaldo Jimenez posted at 7/2 9/2011 12:23 PM EDTSounds too easy, why has't Theo pulled the trigger on this no brainer
    Posted by ws04ed

theo blunder is probably waiting to see if anyone will take CRAWFISH in a deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chasemon. Show chasemon's posts

Re: Rockies reportedly want Kyle Weiland, Will Middlebrooks from Red Sox for Ubaldo Jimenez

JUMP ON IT!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

We're talking a can't miss Andy Marte or Lars Anderson . For a potential  W.S. game winner (thats gm 4 ) against the Phillies. Plus 2 years under a reasonable contract at  14 to 16 W's per year. I'll agree that might be a little optamistic, but is it Brady and Schilling for Mike Boddicker ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/12740/soxprospects-past-trades-where-are-they-no
     Only a short glimpse at NOW for Can't MIss. And no I'm not om my death bed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Rockies reportedly want Kyle Weiland, Will Middlebrooks from Red Sox for Ubaldo Jimenez:
    We're talking a can't miss Andy Marte or Lars Anderson . For a potential  W.S. game winner (thats gm 4 ) against the Phillies. Plus 2 years under a reasonable contract at  14 to 16 W's per year. I'll agree that might be a little optamistic, but is it Brady and Schilling for Mike Boddicker ?
    Posted by ws04ed
    Boddicker is an interesting choice. His career stats at the time:

3.73 ERA - 1.289 WHIP

Ubaldo career stats:

3.62 ERA - 1.279 WHIP

Your point about Middlebrooks is well taken in that he like Marte was is a top ranked 3B prospect.

Then again are you glad that the RS didn't trade Lester, Lowrie, Masterson and Crisp or Ellsbury for Johan Santana?

Boddicker did initially work out well for the Rs in 1988. He was 7-3 with a 2.63 ERA and a 1.274 WHIP.

Ubaldo's numbers this year haven't been great. His ERA is the highest it has ever been since he became a full time starter (4.20). His WHIP 1.336. He is on a pace to give up more HR than he ever has before and his team wants to move him in spite of a team friendly contract.

This is not a no brainer. The guy has electric stuff that has never been completely channeled with the exception of half of 2010 BUT the fact the Rox are willing to move him and his 2011 stat sheet should give observers at least a moment of pause.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

There's something to me that smells fishy about Ubaldo Jimenez, even though I don't know if there's any reason to think so. Why dangle a guy with his talent considering the need in the market and the number of years on his deal that are left? I just don't get the deal from the Rockies' perspective. Something seems off. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Get 'R Done!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Hey fivekatz Thanks for the homework.
    Super research,  I'll give you that yes Lester and Jacoby for Johann would have been a train wreck. And yes Masterson was Lights in the 07 WS but his time was up.I like I said in the other post this is a no brainer. Trading Reddick and Duberont is the equivelant of Lowe and Variteck for Slocumb, OK ,I might be a little drastic

Sections
Shortcuts