ROFL... daaaaa YANKEES lose, daaaa YANKEES lose! how long will this DROUGHT last?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: ROFL... daaaaa YANKEES lose, daaaa YANKEES lose! how long will this DROUGHT last?

I think it will be an interesting free agency year for the yankees.  Yankees stated that they want to make a huge payroll cut to reduce their luxury tax purpose.  But do you think the Yankees want to have another bad year?  That is not Yankees's way.  I think A-rod is going to lose the suspension appeal and will be suspended for a year next year which that wil free up 30 millions dollars from the payroll.  That is alot. 

That is why I do hope that Boston do resign two out of four F/A's as well the two remaining F/a's goes elsewhere other than going to the Yankees

Drew, Ellsbury and Salty are all a perfect fit to join the Yankees cuz of a short right field porch.  That is what I am worry about the most!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: ROFL... daaaaa YANKEES lose, daaaa YANKEES lose! how long will this DROUGHT last?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

just like that, reality has smacked down these jabross. old yanks would have put up a fight against the rays instead of just channeling their inner Lovelace and gagging everywhere. next year could b WORSE. jete will return but see that as a tragic swan song year. more rocking chairs and broken bats on a farewell tour that reminds all of yanks' ills. ditto with tex. may come back but has plateaued esp with his power. cano likely wont say yes. no reinforcements from minors coming up . y would Dave Robertson b any different next year than his last closa stint? likely no grandy man. cc isnt getting any slimmer or younger either. who replaces pet? a ton of holes, more so than swiss cheese.. wow! oh yep, no a-fraud (for now). if they are progressing somehow, he'll come back to put some water on that upon his return. 

Most Sox fans simply dislike the Yankees. That makes sense when you consider how often they stomped over Boston. You seem to enjoy the Yankees off year more than the Sox success this year. That's crazy.

As for CC not getting any slimmer. Did you see him pitch this year? He must have lost close to 50lbs over the winter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Cheer up Yankee fans.  At least the Knicks and Nets will be good.   Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Most Sox fans simply dislike the Yankees.

That may be a generalization.

I considered the Yankees as just another team, until '78.

Hated them with a passion, ever since.

That said, CCOTs post is a bit much

But, aren't they all?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

But, aren't they all?

I wouldn't know.  I don't read them. I see them as ramblings of an uber-ADHD person, and with little to no punctuation they're too difficut to decipher.  I just read what everyone else writes in the thread - and I don't feel like I've missed much.  :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

But, aren't they all?

I wouldn't know.  I don't read them. I see them as ramblings of an uber-ADHD person, and with little to no punctuation they're too difficut to decipher.  I just read what everyone else writes in the thread - and I don't feel like I've missed much.  :-)

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I am now a fan of a second division team for years; an expensive one at that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

But, aren't they all?

Commy's just doing what Commy does best...PTTIT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Cheer up Yankee fans.  At least the Knicks and Nets will be good.   Wink

sorry IC 1.)not every Yank fan is a Knicks/Nets fan 2.) that statement will turn out to be a complete falsehood 3.)..and most important.... i hate the Nets for landing KG and the Truth Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

http://yankeesfansunite.com/2013/08/02/arod-suspension-is-the-key-to-offseason-reload/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I am now a fan of a second division team for years; an expensive one at that.

there's always the Cubs Tongue OutWink....i feel you tho Steven :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

the line forms behind me...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

How long will it last??  They're the Yankees.....they will NEVER be down for long.  They could POSSIBLY be shedding some payroll in the A-Rod situation and Granderson moving on and who knows if they could make a trade or two.  I know it seems like they are burring but how many times have they been down and out when all of a sudden a trade or signing happens out of nowhere and we are left scratching our heads?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

How long will it last??  They're the Yankees.....they will NEVER be down for long.  They could POSSIBLY be shedding some payroll in the A-Rod situation and Granderson moving on and who knows if they could make a trade or two.  I know it seems like they are burring but how many times have they been down and out when all of a sudden a trade or signing happens out of nowhere and we are left scratching our heads?

this won't help Yell...SportsCenter @SportsCenter 6m
    Yankees 2B and free agent-to-be Robinson Cano is seeking a 10-year contract worth $305 MILLION this offseason. (via @Buster_ESPN)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yankees 2B and free agent-to-be Robinson Cano is seeking a 10-year contract worth $305 MILLION this offseason. (via @Buster_ESPN)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah......NOBODY will pay that for a second baseman.  He's a great player and should be the highest paid 2nd baseman......but not $30 a year!  I was thinking $160 over 7 at the very most......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No one will pay him that much money after everyone saw what happen to A-Rod, CC, Pujols, Hamilton, Cliff Wilson, etc

Cano is dreaming.  Best he can get is 7 years for $140 mm to 8 yrs for $160mm

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No one will pay him that much money after everyone saw what happen to A-Rod, CC, Pujols, Hamilton, Cliff Wilson, etc

[/QUOTE] trust me UConn...i'm with you on that one....love ya, but get real Robbie!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees signing McCann would certainly help spice up the rivalry!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/gomez-mccann-braves-brewers-benches-clear-fight/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

http://yankeesfansunite.com/2013/08/02/arod-suspension-is-the-key-to-offseason-reload/

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/gomez-mccann-braves-brewers-benches-clear-fight/

i like McCann..didn't he also get the face of that kid Marlins' pitcher for stylin' on a homer earlier this month?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]i like BC..didn't he also get the face of that kid Marlins' pitcher for stylin' on a homer earlier this month?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My respect for McCann just skyrocketed after seeing that!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

U forgot Teix & Wells

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think it will be an interesting free agency year for the yankees.  Yankees stated that they want to make a huge payroll cut to reduce their luxury tax purpose.  But do you think the Yankees want to have another bad year?  That is not Yankees's way.  I think A-rod is going to lose the suspension appeal and will be suspended for a year next year which that wil free up 30 millions dollars from the payroll.  That is alot. 

That is why I do hope that Boston do resign two out of four F/A's as well the two remaining F/a's goes elsewhere other than going to the Yankees

Drew, Ellsbury and Salty are all a perfect fit to join the Yankees cuz of a short right field porch.  That is what I am worry about the most!!

The 10 year contract is for 275

for luxury tax purposes that comes to 27.5 they would save

however, actually payments to AR :  13 @ 28 and 14 @ 25 - the contract was front loaded

so they save 27.5 towards the Lux Tax

but only 25 million in actually payments

in short, that will hurt the yankees

and, I believe it's a key driver as to why AR wanted to defer his suspension until 2014, when he would be making 3 million less - i think this was really about AR trying to salvage every last penny he could including the bonuses for this year....it is possible that once his supension is enforced he could be done - either walking away, entering into a settlement, too many injuries to keep playing, or a new suspension is issued out to the perpetual cheater....

Sections
Shortcuts