Roger C

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Roger C

I really do not like Clemens, but the fact that he came to Fenway to help honor Pesky made me respect him. That took guts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Roger C

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really do not like Clemens, but the fact that he came to Fenway to help honor Pesky made me respect him. That took guts

[/QUOTE]

Guts and class.  But some will never give credit where it is due. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The Pesky tribute was very well done. Players past and present, with invited guests. All the present players wore their Sox Jerseys.  Nice video tribute which ended with the all players signing Pesky pole.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I will give him credit where credit is deserved. And it was deserved in this case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He's trying his best to get more people to like him.

He wants to get in the Hall of Fame.

I still despise him for the comment he made about Red Sox fans after the team won in 2004. Something about Sox fans being miserable all time and the championship would keep us happy for about 1 day. He could very easliy have said nothing , instead he took the opportunity to take a jab at the fans of a former team in a very unclassy way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Intially, I was surprised he was there.  I couldn't help but wonder if it was an attempt to get back into the publics good graces, rebuild his reputation and if he actually realizes he did anything wrong and what the perception of him really is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I do give him credit for showing up to honor Pesky, but not much else. I have to wonder if this was mostly a PR move on his part. I can't help believing that Clemens is always thinking first, last and foremost, of himself.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

There's plenty of intelligence in Texas. But it's usually trumped by arrogance.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

buddy holly was from texas; he was intelligent.

i'm sure i'll think of someone else.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't claim that there is little intellegence in Texas. You did. I'm willing to bet that Buddy had bit  of that Texan arrogance working for him, though.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't claim that there is little intellegence in Texas. You did. I'm willing to bet that Buddy had bit  of that Texan arrogance working for him, though.

[/QUOTE]

Sep 7 1936 Lubbock Tx

This Pic 1956..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

When Clemens came back to baseball after his "annual" retirement crapola in 2007 with the Yankees instead of the Red Sox he got on my s@@t list and never got off.  He is a first class publicity hound and is always first and foremost always concerned about Roger Clemens.  He pretty much told his family to stuff it when they wanted him to stay retired after the 2006 season and now we see he is thinking of coming back again.  Good God, can't this bum realize that he has worn out his welcome mat in the game and that his lying and cheating is going to mar his reputation deep into the forseeable future.  He's not getting into the Hall of Fame and I only wish he could wind up in the slammer because anyone with any kind of a brain knows he was a druggie who lied under oath to a Congressional Committee.  The hell with him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'm still attempting to think of another intelligent life form from the lone star state.

[/QUOTE]

Howard Hughes. Crazy as a loon, sure, but very intelligent.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'll give him credit.  It isn't always necessary to examine the motivations.

Sections
Shortcuts