Rosenthal says Sox NEED to trade Bogaerts for Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Rosenthal says Sox NEED to trade Bogaerts for Lee

Its not very oftern that a talent like Xander comes along. Yes, we had Hanley, as well as his emotional issues and lazy play sometimes (Ala Manny). Xander is the whole package. Baseball intellect, mental stability, and a love for the game. Hes a special talent that you build around long term and pay him well for doing so.

Heres the link to what Kenny has to say...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/boston-red-sox-will-not-trade-top-prospect-xander-bogaerts-for-cliff-lee-073013

Besides, like Ive been saying. Lee and his wife dont want to come to Boston and he has a NTC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Rosenthal says Sox NEED to trade Bogaerts for Lee

This is the kind of statement that takes away a reporter's credibility. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Its not very oftern that a talent like Xander comes along. Yes, we had Hanley, as well as his emotional issues and lazy play sometimes (Ala Manny). Xander is the whole package. Baseball intellect, mental stability, and a love for the game. Hes a special talent that you build around long term and pay him well for doing so.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/boston-red-sox-will-not-trade-top-prospect-xander-bogaerts-for-cliff-lee-073013

Besides, like Ive been saying. Lee and his wife dont want to come to Boston and he has a NTC.

There's a reason he's a reporter and not a GM. Maybe the bow tie is too tight? I was listening to Sox sports talk last night, during the rain delay. The over all consensus was  to keep Bogaerts, at any and all costs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Absolutey , positively no.  Do not even think about trading Bogaerts for Lee. Out of the question. If the Phils want to dump Lee's contract , and we are willing to pick it up ( ala the Dodgers last year )   , then do it . If you want to throw in a Webster or DeLaRosa okay. But Bogaerts is by far our best prospect. You cannot deal him.  Preposterous.

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agree with all the comments. Trading Bogey would be a cardinal sin at this point. Besides, I think hes going to have a part in helping them down the stretch and maybe into the PS.

Roasenthal is obviously trying to get more traffic to his colums an comments. If he really thinks that, like Cafardo, should just stick to reporting the news and not play GM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

This is the kind of statement that takes away a reporter's credibility. 

Amazing the Rosenthal would even suggest that kind of trade. It makes me thing twice about anything else he has to say.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't think I'd trade XB for Lee, even if Philly paid 90% of Lee's contract.

Sox4ever

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Rosenthal is OK overall, but in this case he's full of it.

Beckett was younger so there was the potential of having a top-of-the-rotation guy for a number of years. Lee's been great, but when you get to the age he is, you never know when the wear and tear will catch up. 

Lowell was younger. Even though he was a throw-in coming off a bad year, he still was just 31 or 32 and was a year removed from an excellent year. There still was the potential of a bounce back. Young is older. He is what he is. He'll be an upgrade but will not make the impact Lowell did.

And Beckett and Lowell were coming into a different sort of team, one that had a lot of talent but still had guys in the prime or young and weren't in a win-now situation. This team is different. It has a number of stop-gap players while the young players are ready.

Even after the trade, it took a year to win the Series. There are no guarantees. We've seen too many instances where the high-priced free-agent pickup did not work. The Sox have a plan to build around their prospects. It doesn't mean you don't trade prospects, but you don't blow up the plan.

Lee doesn't guarantee  a title this year and going forward, he'll be a year older and I could easily see him being hurt, Young a non-factor. And while Middlebrooks would still be around for third, the Sox wouldn't have the option of moving him to 1B nor have him as a trade chip because Bogaerts is at 3B

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Kenny has been smoking his Sox.

I guess the fact that Beckett was much younger is lost on him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

no chance in hell boegarts is traded for lee, 34 yr olf making 25 mill a year for the next 3 is not worth anything close to boegarts. Lee is a great pitcher, but with his age and salary, he value is limited. Most teams cant afford to pay a pitcher 25 mill per, which limits his market considerably. If Lee was say 27-29 then we can talk boegarts. At this point I say let the phils keep lee. I will take peavy for the sox. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

crazy talk.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I still think the price will come down for Lee, it wont be Bogaerts or Middlebrooks, dont think it will JBJ either. By this time tomorrow, Phils will be looking at that contract. Sox offer Ranaudo and possibly someone else might get done.
    Teams always start high, and if they want to keep that contract so be it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

I would not even deal Webster or De La Rosa For Lee. There are only 3 pitchers in baseball I would deal them two and Xander for and they are:

Felix Hernandez, Stephen Strasburg or David Price.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

No. Xander should be absolutely off-limits unless it's a young, team-controlled superstar coming in return, and even then I'd have qualms, because that's what he has the potential to be in a couple of years.

We have enough prospect depth that I do hope Ben C. doesn't stand pat, but Bogaerts is the future of this franchise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

There's almost no one you would trade Bogaerts for at this point.  If the Angels were stupid enough to offer up Mike Trout straight up, I'd do it.  That's the only type of player you even consider trading Xander for and those players don't get traded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

We should trade Brandon Workman and a PTBNL for Cliff Lee.  And the PTBNL should be Lee - after the season ends.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

One more thing to consider; Lee has not been pitching very well in July. I know he still is highly regarded, but this has to be taken into consideration. Is there something wrong ?   Let the buyer beware.

Stabbed by Foulke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha! I wonder how long that phone conversation would last. hello Ben, yeah, this is ken rosenthal here. would you consider trading bogaerts for cliff lee? click! hello? hello ben?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

If the Red Sox trade Bogaerts, I'm done and Cherington should be fired.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

forget about age/name/salary of player your getting back....

Would you trade XB for 1 World Series title?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Bogaerts to the Phillies for their entire pitching staff! OK! For an old man no thanks. As for multiple prospects from the the Sox top ten again no thnx!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:

I would not even deal Webster or De La Rosa For Lee. There are only 3 pitchers in baseball I would deal them two and Xander for and they are:

Felix Hernandez, Stephen Strasburg or David Price.

Lordy...you HAVE to include Clayton Kershaw on that list......