Ross out, Linares in!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ross out, Linares in!

In Response to Re: Ross out, Linares in!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ross out, Linares in! : I'm sorry Snake I was too personal in calling you a know-it-all (although it wasn't just based on this debate).  Respect begets respect. I don't favor a narrow approach where all OPs are about what will happen, and asking for a projection of the pertinent player is off limits. Pawtucket OF Kroeger    1 HR   .686 Nava        2 HR   .791 Lin           1 HR   .664 AA Linares      5 HR   1.059
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I abgree I come off harsh a times but honestly I get tired of things that are posted that make no sense.  They just signed Ross and you are posting that they should trade him and bring up Linares. When I state this obviously will not happen you get upset.

Why can you not write a post about how Linares is knocking at the door without adding on something about Ross which makes you seem reactionary? They wont trade Ross when they are down two starting outfielders.  You know this.  Also "asking for a projection of a pertinent player" is not off limits. It was irrelevant.  My point is the Red Sox are not going to dump a guy who they just signed as a free agent, who is hitting well, when they are down two starting outfielders.  

By the way I am not at all a "know it all".  I only act like I know things when I actually know them.  Otherwise I keep my mouth shut.  This one was so obvious it was kind of hard for me to do so.  Kind of like if a thread was started that said "Beckett out, Chris Hernandez in".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mr Moon, I used to feel that way about LF defense, but after closely following it for three years I have changed my thoughts.   Jason Bay and Manny were very accurate throwers who put up big assist numbers in  LF at Fenway.  Bay had 15 in 2009 and had 23 in 2007/08 in Pitt.  While Manny had 47 over a 5 year stretch with Boston.   I have not seen evidence that Ross has as good of an arm, and he makes loads of misplays.

LF defense is important, but relative to other positions, not so much, esp in Fenway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah.  Ross is only on pace for 34 homers and 122 RBI's...I say we DFA him and bring up a 28 year old guy in AA.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Ha! 

Is that smoke I smell?

Good post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE] SOSH not sure if right: 05-06: Linares: .319/.385/.513. Cespedes: .351/.444/.649 06-07: Linares: .345/.467/.586 Cespedes: .303/.402/.541 07-08: Linares: .308/.438/.536 Cespedes: .284/.342/.552 08-09: Linares: .325/.430/.588 Cespedes:.323/.411/.601 OPS comparison: Y. Cespedes vs. JC Linares: 05-06: L: .898, C: .1093; 06-07: L: .1053, C: 943; 07-08: L: .974, C: .894; 08-09: L: .1018, C: .1012. http://www.fangraphs...talents-in-ml
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]
    So now that JCL is healthy he is matching his Cuban League numbers in AA.  His Cuban League numbers are similar to Cespedes (in the two years after JCL left Cuba, Cespedes put up 1.045 and 1.090).  What does this mean?  It tells me that Oakland likely overpaid and certainly took on a lot more risk than they should have.  

I am not saying JCL won't make it ... that remains to be seen.  But for the Sox, they need to look at what he is actually doing now and what he has done in a known environment (MiLB).  Should JCL be promoted to Pawtucket ... IMHO, 100% yes.  Should he replace Ross, clearly no.  Maybe he gets promoted and keeps tearing it up.  If that's the case you could make an argument that he should leapfrog DMac on the depth chart.  You would also be justified in thinking he has a shot to be our 2013 version of either DMac or Ross.  I just don't see how you can draw that conclusion based on the information we have now.  The Cuban League numbers don't mean that much (and never will for any player IMO) and we only have 75 ABs of the 2012 version of JCL which is far too small of a sample, especially when it is at AA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think we need to try some things to generate a more consistent offense.  Give a shot to guys like Middlebrooks , Lavarnway and Linares. What is there to lose ? Ross and Sweeney could platoon. Byrd is what he is. He is not going to be anything special. Linares may not be either , but let's find out. Right now , the Sox are spinning their wheels. The goal has to be to stay close until we get back to full strength. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

I kinda like Ross...until he puts is glove on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

JC was 2 for 4 with another dinger last night. Just sayin'...