Ross Strikes Out on 5 Balls; Umpires gotta go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Ross Strikes Out on 5 Balls; Umpires gotta go!

I actually saw the highlight last night and not a single pitch had hit the strike zone for Cody Ross.  Umpires are not being fair against the Sox this season on strike zones. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Ross Strikes Out on 5 Balls; Umpires gotta go!:
    I actually saw the highlight last night and not a single pitch had hit the strike zone for Cody Ross.  Umpires are not being fair against the Sox this season on strike zones. 
    Posted by seannybboi

It's probably a Yankee conspiracy. The Steinbrenners are paying off the umps, just ask kimpikesaysthis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

This was not my intention for the thread. I was not complaining about the calls. They were poor but at least consistent which is all you can expect from a human. I am a technology guy and I am suggesting that new technology can be employed which would remove some (not all) of the human error in umpiring. The new pitch zone technology could be used and it would not be slower than a human. Some of you believe that human error in umpiring is part of the game but I do not believe in that. Traditionally humans performed the service because there were no other choices but now there are. Computers are used in tennis to show line calls. Why not use this in baseball for balls and strikes? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

And here is another stogey sport finally caving in to the use of technology to assist humans in making better calls. FIFA the governing body for soccer will finally implement the same technology used in tennis to detemine if a goal is scored. See: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer--fifa-ready-to-review-controversial-calls-after-awful-call-in-fa-cup-semifinals.html

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Ross Strikes Out on 5 Balls; Umpires gotta go!:
    In Response to Re: Ross Strikes Out on 5 Balls; Umpires gotta go! : referees?....baseball?....wha?......
    Posted by bellhorn_

i did not expect someone would actually comment like that. let me spell it out for you. 

it's a generalization about sports and officiating. it applies to all types of referees in all sports - umpires, lines man, whatever else. all of them have the same function - to referee.

limited vocabulary? wha?

Sections
Shortcuts