Rossy comes through!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Rossy comes through!

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a great game for Ross. Not only offensively, but I believe he contributed to Lester's game as well --  and Lester was stellar. S-t-e-l-l-a-r!!!!!

Loved when he introduced himself to the first base coach. Hilarious!

I thought I'd make a thread for Ross since I'm sure there's going to be a thread for Lester.

[/QUOTE]

It was great to see Ross get a key hit!

Seems to be a different player every night.

The mark of a great team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

What a huge hit by Ross last night! Great to get production like that from the bottom of the order.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Ross is a good player but he missed alot of times due of concussion.  Now he is 100% healthy and so focus in the game.   Good thing he signed a cheap contract where he ll be back next year.

I would try to sign a cheap contract for a back up catcher so Ross can catch every day, and use that money to spend on the other three F/A's such as Drew, Napoli and Ellsbury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I hope that it's a forgone conclusion that he starts game 6.  He at least makes contact and is EXCELLENT behind the plate. 

This is coming from a HUGE Salty fan too......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I think Farrell will ask lackey on the low who he would prefer behind the dish.  that's who will start....I would bet $5 it will be salty....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Another great pick up by Ben Cherington. I was glad when they signed him, but never imagined he would contribute this much. Too bad he had that concussion injury earlier this season. Apart from his excellent defensive playing he was getting more and more key hits before it happened.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

One of my all-time good calls.

I thought, after the concussions, that he was about finished as a player.

I am very pleased to have been very wrong.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 9h

#RedSox catcher David Ross in the Cape Cod League in 1996 and now (thanks, Brewster Whitecaps): pic.twitter.com/yMQrSY7x2T

Embedded image permalink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ross is a good player but he missed alot of times due of concussion.  Now he is 100% healthy and so focus in the game.   Good thing he signed a cheap contract where he ll be back next year.

I would try to sign a cheap contract for a back up catcher so Ross can catch every day, and use that money to spend on the other three F/A's such as Drew, Napoli and Ellsbury.

[/QUOTE]

Ross isnt going to catch everyday at 36-37. Not going to happen. 60-70 games at the most.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ross isnt going to catch everyday at 36-37. Not going to happen. 60-70 games at the most.

[/QUOTE]

No he is not. And the fact is that during the regular season, compared to other catchers, Salty was 5th in WAR and 6th in OPS out of 33 catchers with at least 100 PAs. I think we need to resign Salty unless they are finally going to give Lavarnway a shot at the job.