Roster is very good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Roster is very good

INF Napoli, Middlebrooks, Inglsias, Drew, Pedroia with Ciriaco in the wings

OF Carp, Gomes, Ellsbury, Victorino, Nava with Bradley in the wings

I see nothing wrong with this team as made up. All good solid players who all are winners in the past

I did not include pitching as that will be fluid especially in the BP and hopefully not in the SP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Roster is very good

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I see nothing wrong with this team as made up. All good solid players who all are winners in the past

I did not include pitching as that will be fluid especially in the BP and hopefully not in the SP.

What I love about what's going on is that the Sox are doing this w/o much production from Middlebrooks. I still think he'll come on and hit like he did last year, and if he does and everyone else stays healthy -- wow, this really could be a devestating lineup.

And if Middlebrooks does start hitting like he did, it will be great insurance if someone -- Nava, Salty or whoever -- falls off or slumps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I do like the roster except Ciraco and the BP is sort of weak especial middle relief... I just can beileve that the Sox cant get any better that MOrtensen who really s ucks.... the rest of the BP is just ok for the most part but needs to better...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

What I love about what's going on is that the Sox are doing this w/o much production from Middlebrooks. I still think he'll come on and hit like he did last year, and if he does and everyone else stays healthy -- wow, this really could be a devestating lineup.

And if Middlebrooks does start hitting like he did, it will be great insurance if someone -- Nava, Salty or whoever -- falls off or slumps.

[/QUOTE]

excellent point Roy. They have done a tremendous job of picking up the slack. The only real consistent offensive production this season has been from Pedroia, Carp and Nava and Papi. 1 of them is a PT guy  so only gets limited play and another missed the first 25 games of the season.. We are scoring much more consistently than we were last season IMO. Insert a productive Middy and that's a championship calibur offense. To say nothing of our SP and BP

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

What about Iglesias? The kid's the real deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

My question is this: Is Iggy more valuable at 3rd than Middy is?

Defensively I've seen Iggy make plays I don't think Middy would make. Iggy is fast, quick, makes a very fast exchange and has a great arm.  He also doesn't seem to be having the same trouble of botching occasional routine plays that he does at SS. 

Offensively he's been the biggest surprise on the team.  Is there anyone who wants to stand up and say that he thought Iggy would hit ~.400 over ANY sample size??  It isn't about who's hitting doubles, triples or HR's, it's all about NOT making outs - which Iggy is much better at than Middy is. 

That's one of the things that's driving the offense since Middy went down - having a .400 hitter vs. a .200 hitter, regardless of the power. 

This sounds so obvious that it shouldn't need saying but I'll say it anyway;  The secret to having a productive offense is having one that doesn't make outs.  The more hitters who come to bat before three outs are made the better the chance of scoring.

No matter what John Farrell is telling the press, were I in Will Middlebrooks uniform in Pawtucket I'd be hearing footsteps.   

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

The emergence of Iggy, Carp and Nava is making this season really fun.

Thank you, Magic Johnson, for giving Ben the chance to remake the roster.

Only call up Middlebrooks when he heats up in AAA or Iggy cools off. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to S5's comment:

My question is this: Is Iggy more valuable at 3rd than Middy is?

Defensively I've seen Iggy make plays I don't think Middy would make. Iggy is fast, quick, makes a very fast exchange and has a great arm.  He also doesn't seem to be having the same trouble of botching occasional routine plays that he does at SS. 

Offensively he's been the biggest surprise on the team.  Is there anyone who wants to stand up and say that he thought Iggy would hit ~.400 over ANY sample size??  It isn't about who's hitting doubles, triples or HR's, it's all about NOT making outs - which Iggy is much better at than Middy is. 

That's one of the things that's driving the offense since Middy went down - having a .400 hitter vs. a .200 hitter, regardless of the power. 

This sounds so obvious that it shouldn't need saying but I'll say it anyway;  The secret to having a productive offense is having one that doesn't make outs.  The more hitters who come to bat before three outs are made the better the chance of scoring.

No matter what John Farrell is telling the press, were I in Will Middlebrooks uniform in Pawtucket I'd be hearing footsteps.   

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I'm seriously starting to think that Iggy is one of those guys who won't perform if he doesn't feel useful (which could be a problem in other situations, but I'll let that dog lie for as long as I can).  When he felt useless (in the minors where I guess he felt he was better than), he did nothing, when he gets called up, it's like he starts playing to his full ability.  Now, this may just be bull because of the small sample size, and he very well might come back down to earth.  But right now, that is how it looks to me.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

With all due respect Jim, its ALL about the pitching. This team will score runs. The pitching is suspect.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts