ROSTER MOVES COMING TODAY......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: ROSTER MOVES COMING TODAY......

With Oki wanting a trade, Im not sure what they will do. I know ultimately Oki is under contract and will perform to the best of his ability if called upon. I know they want miller to keep working because hes making good progress so far. Doubront might get the call. basically what Im saying is I have no idea whats going to happen..Lots of possibilities..

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: ROSTER MOVES COMING TODAY......:
    [QUOTE]   THEO HAS NOT CALLED ME YET, I KNOW THAT HE IS A BUSY GUY !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

yeah, THEO'S probably busy looking at the backs of baseball cards.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think the Sox will probably bring Lackey up to take Hill's place and move Aceves to the bullpen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Whatever they do I hope they get rid of Atchison.  He is like throwing gasoline on a fire. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

just about everyone in the SOX bullpen reeks of gasoline fumes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Miller may be the answer to who's coming up to  replace Hill. If what bobbysu said is true he has an opt out then Theo wold be crazy to lose him without at least seeing him pitch at Fenway. Put him in the pen and if Wake blows a tire then slide him in. He can't  be any worse than some of the other guys that have been inserted--certainly no worse than Atch, Oki, Morales, Jenks, Wheeler, Bard and Pap at times---along with any others I have missed.

A little competition from another Tar Heel for Bard--might bring out the best in both of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

The penultimate consideration in any roster decision is to make certain that Tim Wastefield and his 5 plus ERA since the 2nd half of 2009 stay on the active roster.

Almost every Oki outing since coming off the DL in 2010 have been good. It's no wonder he's had enough of Theo and his New England's loser Rich Hill reclamation project broken glass.

Another second class citizen in Boston is Aceves. He should go to the press and demand to be traded.

Epstein's act is getting old. Fan pride and prejudices should have no bearing on roster spot decisions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i agree; the act is getting old and the actor is getting more inept.

goodbye theo and hello anybody else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

yes let's get rid of the architect who brings World Series victories. please tell us who you would like running the Sox? bring some answers please.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

John Henry and Larry Luchino bring WS victories. Bring another excuse for Epstein. What's Crawford's OBP? 20 million is the cost for that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Goodbye Oki. Selfish ballplayer won't pitch another game for the Red Sox.
    Tommy Hottovy called up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]With Oki wanting a trade, Im not sure what they will do. I know ultimately Oki is under contract and will perform to the best of his ability if called upon. I know they want miller to keep working because hes making good progress so far. Doubront might get the call. basically what Im saying is I have no idea whats going to happen..Lots of possibilities..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]My guess is that Oki already knew yesterday that he wasn't getting the call-up at this point and that was the catalyst for the sound bite.

The humorous part is that Okajima is not a tradeable commodity today. Every team in MLB had a chance to assume his contract for a $25,000 fee in order for him to be cleared off of the 40 man roster. And nobody took advantage of that extremely modest acquisition fee. If the player did not get claimed (and I was surprised he didn't with his modest $1.7M contract) there just isn't a market in MLB for his services yet.

Now the other factor of course is that once Dice K and Hill go on the 60 day DL it would be easier to call-up Oki because it will not require a corresponding move on the 40 man roster. I still think it is possible that Okajima will be a contributing factor before the season is over.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

There is a very realistic possibility that Miller has been asked about his tendency toward opting out.  And it is also distinctly possible that he has agreed to stay in the minors and not opt out, as he knows he is still a work in progress, and that if progress continues he has a spot in the majors.  Based on my stated assumptions, I still believe Doubront will be the one called up to replace Hill.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

fivekatz - Thanks for the analysis. I don't see him coming up. They will probably try Doubront or even Miller before Oki, but thanks for the waiver dollar analysis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

anyone still making excuses for theo should stop following baseball and join a curling league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]There is a very realistic possibility that Miller has been asked about his tendency toward opting out.  And it is also distinctly possible that he has agreed to stay in the minors and not opt out, as he knows he is still a work in progress, and that if progress continues he has a spot in the majors.  Based on my stated assumptions, I still believe Doubront will be the one called up to replace Hill.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Interesting, good point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Miller is Bard, but without the control. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

The Sox called up some guy I never heard of. Hottovo or something from the Paw Sox.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

My guess is that Oki didn't know he wasn't going to be called up. My guess is that he wants out of Theo's outhouse and out of a town that loathes Japanese players. Both DiceK and Oki were integral parts of the 2007 title team. No chance in hell any "Mikey or Wakie" honor day will be coming for these guys. And there never was any chance of it. Pedro deserves a day, every single season! That won't happen either.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]John Henry and Larry Luchino bring WS victories. Bring another excuse for Epstein. What's Crawford's OBP? 20 million is the cost for that.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

so what..you dont have to pay it..why should you or any of us care. Henry (the billionaire)OK'd that deal, so if you knew what was going on you would blame him instead of Theo. Hes the one to say yes or no..That includes the lackey deal too....Im with you that they paid about 6 mil too much for him though..but what i find truly laughable is people like you complaining that a billionaire spends his money on the team you supposedly root for..I dont hear Yankee fans complaining that THEY spend 200mil per.. Jeter, ARod, Posada all waaaaay over paid..Dont hear nobody in NY whining about money....do you really think this would "handcuff' Henry to not be able to spend more? if you do, you obviously have no idea..Well, theres your "excuse" for Theo..His Boss John Henry..Ive said my peace..no more responses from me will be necessary..Have a good day for yourself..

Sections
Shortcuts