Rotation after the break

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Rotation after the brake

My take: Lackey, Doubront, Lester,  Dempster and Stephen Wright or if the latter gets commited to bullpen, I would call back Aceves...( hope Workman proves me wrong!)...  This sequence could change depending on Mr Lester doings tonight ... lets wish him the best....

ps can anyone think Buch could face the Rays?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Rotation after the brake

19 NYY  Lackey

20 NYY  Doubront

21 NYY  Lester

22 TBR  Dempster

23 TBR  Aceves/Wright/Workman

24 TBR  Buchholz

25 TBR  Lackey +1

26 @Bal Doubront +1

27 @Bal Lester +1

28 @Bal Dempster +1

29  off

30 Sea  Buchholz +1

31 Sea  Lackey  +1

8/1 Sea Doubront +1

8/3 AZ Lester +1

8/4 AZ Dempster +1

Then back on normal rest. We go all the way to August 5th with everyone getting at least an extra day's rest. We only use our 6th starter once to gain this advantage.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Depending on how Workman does and how Buch is progressing (he cancelled his scheduled rehab this Sunday) will decide the rotation. Im hoping Buch will be back for the rays series, but its a good possibility he wont be.

Lackey/Doubront/Lester/Dempster/Workman-Wright

When Buch returns he goes to the top of the list and everyone moves down 1 spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I know I'm jumping the gun, but if Wright is MLB ready, he could really solve a bunch of problems. Spot starter, long relief and inning eater to save the bullpen.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm imagining the guy channeling Wake. But so what?

Don't tell me ya'll haven't had the same thought!

-Daf.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

19 NYY  Lackey

20 NYY  Doubront

21 NYY  Lester

22 TBR  Dempster

24 TBR  Buchholz

25 TBR  Lackey +1

26 @Bal Doubront +1

27 @Bal Lester +1

28 @Bal Dempster +1

29  off

30 Sea  Buchholz +1

31 Sea  Lackey  +1

8/1 Sea Doubront +1

8/3 AZ Lester +1

8/4 AZ Dempster +1

Then back on normal rest. We go all the way to August 5th with everyone getting at least an extra day's rest. We only use our 6th starter once to gain this advantage.

Sox4ever

Wow, the first ten games after the All-Star break are against AL East foes.  The AL East is such a brutal division.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Workman got clocked in Seattle, even the outs were loud. He got some K's, but they hit him hard. Both innings.

Saw him pitch this year, oh boy. Barnes better Pitcher by far saw both.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Depending on how Workman looks, I think Wright or Aceves will get the 5 slot after the break. Longshots could be DLR, Ranaudo or Britton.

Sox4ever

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: Rotation after the break

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

[QUOTE]

19 NYY  Lackey

20 NYY  Doubront

21 NYY  Lester

22 TBR  Dempster

24 TBR  Buchholz

25 TBR  Lackey +1

26 @Bal Doubront +1

27 @Bal Lester +1

28 @Bal Dempster +1

29  off

30 Sea  Buchholz +1

31 Sea  Lackey  +1

8/1 Sea Doubront +1

8/3 AZ Lester +1

8/4 AZ Dempster +1

Sox4ever

Wow, the first ten games after the All-Star break are against AL East foes.  The AL East is such a brutal division.  

[/QUOTE]

Thus far, the Red Sox have the best record vs division foes in the AL.  the only thorn in their side, as usual, is the O's.

Vs Tampa Bay  9-3

Vs Toronto  7-5

Vs New York  4-2

Vs Baltimore  3-5

Vs Division  23-15 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't know if Buchholz will be playing soon, but in terms of Workman and Wright they could work their way into a Buchholz less rotation, Wright is a special knuckler consider he has a decent heater to go with the knuckler.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

19 NYY  Lackey

20 NYY  Doubront

21 NYY  Lester

22 TBR  Dempster

24 TBR  Buchholz

25 TBR  Lackey +1

26 @Bal Doubront +1

27 @Bal Lester +1

28 @Bal Dempster +1

29  off

30 Sea  Buchholz +1

31 Sea  Lackey  +1

8/1 Sea Doubront +1

8/3 AZ Lester +1

8/4 AZ Dempster +1

Sox4ever

How long are we going to play this Lester, Buck thing? Lester is really a problem and Buck is a baby......How much longer ? Maybe by end of Sept we can say that Lester is starting to come around and hopefully Buck is starting to feel a little better. ? Do the sox have a baby mentality.? Thank god none of them was playing hockey or football.Dam suck it up , play the game... Maybe time for Peddy to give a do as i do speach and drop the baby bottles....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Depending on how Workman looks, I think Wright or Aceves will get the 5 slot after the break. Longshots could be DLR, Ranaudo or Britton.

Sox4ever

Wright is in Minors. He won't be back for at least 10 days and then he would have to replace someone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Rotation from 1-5: Buchholz (if ready), Lackey, Doubront, Lester, Dempster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

19 NYY  Lackey

20 NYY  Doubront

21 NYY  Lester

22 TBR  Dempster

24 TBR  Buchholz

25 TBR  Lackey +1

26 @Bal Doubront +1

27 @Bal Lester +1

28 @Bal Dempster +1

29  off

30 Sea  Buchholz +1

31 Sea  Lackey  +1

8/1 Sea Doubront +1

8/3 AZ Lester +1

8/4 AZ Dempster +1

Sox4ever

How long are we going to play this Lester, Buck thing? Lester is really a problem and Buck is a baby......How much longer ? Maybe by end of Sept we can say that Lester is starting to come around and hopefully Buck is starting to feel a little better. ? Do the sox have a baby mentality.? Thank god none of them was playing hockey or football.Dam suck it up , play the game... Maybe time for Peddy to give a do as i do speach and drop the baby bottles....

Do you want Bucky to pitch hurt? He isn't going to be very effective that way, is he. The concern is not that he is a "baby", its that he does seem to get injured too frequently. That makes him unreliable for the future of the team and should affect his future contract offers. I would not offer Buchholtz any contract that is not performance based (based on the number of starts he makes or innings pitched) in the future. Let HIM take the risk for his future injuries.

Sections
Shortcuts