ROTATION: LACK-LEST-BUCH-PEAV?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: ROTATION: LACK-LEST-BUCH-PEAV?

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

writing's on the wall.. no coincidence they are pitching  in that way right now. seems to work perfectly with lack-lest. righty-lefty-right is great! these are 4 lights-out studs. buch's injury makes it an easy decision!

I would base the rotation on what Buchholz does in his next two start. His ERA this year is below 2. And although he hasn't been quite as sharp since his return, he has gotten the job done, once outdueling Price. If he is effective in his next two starts, he is my first SP in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

writing's on the wall.. no coincidence they are pitching  in that way right now. seems to work perfectly with lack-lest. righty-lefty-right is great! these are 4 lights-out studs. buch's injury makes it an easy decision!

Farrell all but confirmed Lester was the game 1 starter. Peavy will be fourth. The question is Lackey or Buchholz as the number.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

great rotation for short season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

great rotation

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Lackey needs to pitch one of the 1st 

2 home games because of how he has pitched 

in Fenway!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I disagree with you ISFT, the rotation after Peavy on Tuesday is not disclosed yet...and with two offdays next week they will slot the rotation starting Wednesday...so that day's starter will be a good indicator of the postseason rotation.

I still see Lester - Buccholz - Lackey - Peavy as the 4 man rotation for the ALDS. Plus I don't see any benefit to R/L rotation since the opposing managers can set their line-ups well beforehand...the R/L pitchers works for the bullpen, not the starters.

The one thing that makes my vision shaky is the fact that Lackey will have a long rest before he pitches, unless he is getting slotted as the #2 in the post season rotation and will pitch on Friday. If he pitches on Wednesday then it would be shaping up like you stated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

here's the thing, if the sox are in game 5 of the ALDS, buchholz needs to be the pitcher. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Lackey needs to pitch one of the 1st 

2 home games because of how he has pitched 

in Fenway!

Exactly what Peter Abraham says--Lester, lackey, buchholz, peavy.

Right now, even though Buchholz is the best, I like leading with Lester/Lackey.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts