roy halladay.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

roy halladay.

any interest in him as a buy low higher reward.trade dempster and i say morales to get an outfielder to replace nava in left.the sox almost traded buch for him a few years back.he is of high quality in terms of a professional.he is older but as a fifth starter i think he would be a good addition.also,it has been a while since i have wrote on here so i expect a lot of no's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: roy halladay.

I'd do it on like a minor league contract or a very very buy low value...like 1 - 3 million dollars.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd do it on like a minor league contract or a very very buy low value...like 1 - 3 million dollars.

[/QUOTE]

i keep lester,buch and doubront.trade if can get something good for them,dempster and peavy.i like peavy but with lackey there too i say they both go.teams need starters.halladay is a solid pitcher who doesn't walk a lot.i like him.i say as high as 5 million.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

He wasn't the same pitcher after his injury and surgery, but after some more time removed I'm sure somebody will give him a shot based on his reputation alone.  I think we are too close to the spending limit right now to work out a deal with him and you can't count on him to pitch 200 innings like you could with Dempster. 

That said, if you could cut out a little fat, it is worth a shot if he would take a minor league contract.  I hightly doubt he would take a minor league deal, but stranger things have happened.  I see him as more of a pickup for a team like the Yankees who have a deep budget and need starters and can pay for the gamble to see if he returns to form.

http://mlb.si.com/2013/09/23/phillies-roy-halladay-arm-fatigue-injury/

Roy Halladay threw just 16 pitches, none of them faster than 83 miles per hour, before being pulled from his start against the Marlins in Miami Monday night. Halladay walked two of the three batters he faced and threw just five strikes (two called, three resulting in contact)

The start was Halladay’s sixth since returning from mid-May shoulder surgery to repair a partial tear in his rotator cuff, a frayed labrum, and a bone spur.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

First of all Nava isn't going anywhere, unless he was just traded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

any interest in him as a buy low higher reward.trade dempster and i say morales to get an outfielder to replace nava in left.the sox almost traded buch for him a few years back.he is of high quality in terms of a professional.he is older but as a fifth starter i think he would be a good addition.also,it has been a while since i have wrote on here so i expect a lot of no's.

[/QUOTE]

The sox don't need another starter certainly not one that has a bad shoulder, who's best days are behind him. Nava and Gomes are are a solid platoon in left, if the Sox make a move it'll be for a guy that plays center and given the depth of our rotation Dempster or Peavy could well be used to acquire a solid bat that will allow them to keep Victorino in right. With Bradley Jr it's not like they have to make a move so if the Sox decide to make a deal they have all of the leverage...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He just announced his retirement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

A Man of Honor !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nice post.... if I was five I would have bought right into it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is right, he just announced it today.  

7m Jeff Passan         @JeffPassan

Roy Halladay's retirement is both happy and sad. Glad he's going out on his terms. Bummer that his arm gave out. A Hall of Famer for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]SON, welcome aboard........ Howevaa, after only 11 posts here may I suggest that you leave the roster moves to DAD,BEN & BILL-806..........  Halladay  is now on HOLIDAY !!!!!     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]SON, welcome aboard........ Howevaa, after only 11 posts here may I suggest that you leave the roster moves to DAD,BEN & BILL-806..........  Halladay  is now on HOLIDAY !!!!!     

[/QUOTE]

And by all means feel free to wait unti Game 3 of the WSC before you put the Sox hat on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Roy Halladay's retirement is both happy and sad. Glad he's going out on his terms. Bummer that his arm gave out. A Hall of Famer for me.

[/QUOTE] + 1... great pitcher, farewell...the Doc is......out...Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And by all means feel free to wait unti Game 3 of the WSC before you put the Sox hat on.

[/QUOTE]It is obvious that we are having Monday morning ISSUES here......  Perhaps, your posting should be Tuesday - Sunday  !!!     Just saying !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A few years ago, I went to Yankee Stadium to see a Yankees vs. Blue Jays game.  Randy Johnson was pitching vs. Halladay.  Toronto won 1-0 (Hinske's solo shot) and the game took only around two hours and fifteen minutes.   LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Halladay is hands down my favorite non-sox pitcher. i'd have taken a chance on him if we needed the rotation help. sucks to see him hanging it up but glad he is going out on his own terms like someone else said.

he is a borderline HoF'er and he definitely would have my vote.

best of luck to him in his life after baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

36 years old and one shoulder injury ruined his career... this doesn't happen as often in today's day and age as it used to, but it should tell you why it is not wise to sign pitchers to very long guarenteed deals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    as i said i don't post much as i read a lot about boston but don't get all the places you guys find.also,i meant i would love to have nava as a fourth outfield -1b.that way you get a bigger homerun hitter for left field say a current dodger outfielder.i don't care which one as long as we don't get crawford back.but nava could play right or left as he showed last year.it would open doors to possibly trade carp with some depth to better the team.i like nava but i think he helps more off the bench.not as much power from him as others out there.

nice post.... if I was five I would have bought right into it.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts