RS fans doom and glooom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

RS fans doom and glooom

All the time if they go on a losing streak they suk and will never win anything. Yet they Go 18 and 8 in April and few see it as a reality. That it is smoke and mirrors.

Yet they are in the top 3 of hitting OBP, Slg and Ave and 6th in pitching.

Few if any ever expected this team to play this well.

Yet as soon as they hit a bad spell nearly every one is saying I knew it, I predicted it, they suk, etc...

So bad are RS fans that there are several already to disband the team and replace it with all the kids.

Before the season most agreed a good start was needed. Well we got it and just because May has started slow in MAY the band wagon is nearly empty.

Most jumping off to support their claims/predictions in ST.. Some are so invested in having their claims/predictions come true they want to see them fail...YEAH you do...A bunch of you are so wanting Iggy, Bradley, Brentz, etc... brought up you want Napoli, Ells, Victorino, Drew, Gomes, Dempster, etc... to fail. Some even went after Clay after one bad game and bought into the cheating theory.

Folks gve it time. Why because you know diddly squat about MLB and what goes on in a clubhouse and the minors as well as what players are doing or working on in the minors.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: RS fans doom and glooom

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

All the time if they go on a losing streak they suk and will never win anything. Yet they Go 18 and 8 in April and few see it as a reality. That it is smoke and mirrors.

Yet as soon as they hit a bad spell nearly every one is saying I knew it, I predicted it, they suk, etc...

So bad are RS fans that there are several already to disband the team and replace it with all the kids.

Before the season most agreed a good start was needed. Well we got it and just because May has started slow in MAY the band wagon is nearly empty.

Most jumping off to support their claims/predictions in ST.. Some are so invested in having their claims/predictions come true they want to see them fail...YEAH you do...A bunch of you are so wanting Iggy, Bradley, Brentz, etc... brought up you want Napoli, Ells, Victorino, Drew, Gomes, Dempster, etc... to fail. Some even went after Clay after one bad game and bought into the cheating theory.

Folks gve it time. Why because you know diddly squat about MLB and what goes on in a clubhouse and the minors as well as what players are doing or working on in the minors.

How are they with ( GUYS LEFT ON BASE ) ? Sure ,sugar coat things to make it ok ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

what are you supposed to say if you think the sox are just not a good club? are you supposed to lie? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Yeah, give it time. Soon they will reach equilibrium at .500 ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

not so much doom and gloom as a reality check.  we needed to go after starting pitching in off season but FO announced they thought it would not be needed.  they are reassessing that now (an assumption based on Cherington quote i read somewhere last week and no, i don't have the link) and maybe they'll put together a deal to fill in the blanks in the starting rotation.  not sure what plans are for closer other than to keep trying to find who has the right stuff and mentality for that role.  tazawa may be tagged to give it a shot even though he blew the save recently.  he has the arm for it if he can wrap his mind around the strategy and deal with the pressure.  not nearly as concerned with offense as am about the pitching.  long way to go and lots can happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I'm with you Jim.  I'm very frustrated and disheartened by their recent play. No one expected them to start off 20-8, nor to maintain that pace, but I sure didn't expect them to fall to the other extreme either.  Thanks to the good start, however, the team is still 6 games over .500 and only 2 games back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Careful Jim, the Chicken Little Crowd who howl doom will spank you on the board . LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

what are you supposed to say if you think the sox are just not a good club? are you supposed to lie? 

I expect you to look at the facts. Number 3 in hitting in all categories(slg/ave/obp) is a fact. They have recently had some badly pitched games but also had some damn good pitched games they lost.

I do not believe they are a 700% win team but I also do not think they suk as many here seem to think.

I believe there are several here as stated that want certain players to fail just so they can be right. Some are so happy both Bailey and Han are out they can not contain their joy.

Victorino and Dempster have been very good yet some are wishing for them to fail. Many were happy today. Yes Gomes and Drew are not performing up to par but only Gomes you can say has suked. The only guy they say nothing about is Ross.

It is a 162 game season there will be ups and downs. Bringing up the kids is not the answer.

I agree that if come July if they are out it they will sell and we will see some kids. I believe what they did before ST was exactly right. Got quality players with good chararcter and kept all of their potential players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Same thing every year: posters get too high when we are doing well and too low when we are doing poorly.

This team was never a 70% team, and my guess is that deep down every Sox fan knew it. We are also not a 20% team either (2 and 8 in our last 10).

I wouldn't argue with anyone who says we will end up with 78 wins, but I wouldn't argue with 88 either. I'm sticking to my 83-85 win projection. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm looking for a good year and any playoff berth, If they get there Lester, Clay and Dempster will be as good as any other teams 1, 2, 3.

Our biggest issue right now is a CLOSER we already have 6 blown saves

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Same thing every year: posters get too high when we are doing well and too low when we are doing poorly.

This team was never a 70% team, and my guess is that deep down every Sox fan knew it. We are also not a 20% team either (2 and 8 in our last 10).

I wouldn't argue with anyone who says we will end up with 78 wins, but I wouldn't argue with 88 either. I'm sticking to my 83-85 win projection. 

My guess is this team is inbetween what we were doing and where we are now, which is about a high .500 team.