RS must have lost last night......summary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

RS must have lost last night......summary

I say that because it was rather quiet here the past week.
    However there is plenty of complaing today.
    He leaves the SP in too long or not long enough.
    He should have brought Bard in.
    Bard has pitched too much that is why he looked bad the last outing.
    Failure to mention the Bard not pitching decision was made before the game and because of innings/appearance and pitches thrown in the recent past.
    He should have had Wheeler or Hill pitch longer.
    He should have had Paps in sooner but he never came in and every one knows (according to the experts) he can not pitch more than 1 inning.
    He should have brought in Bard and let Wake pitch the whole game tonight.
    But Wake suks and should be DFA'd along with his wheelchair contract.
    Then having Wake go all night tonight flies in the face of they should try to win every game. If Wake is to go the whole game regardless of what happens that kill the win every game theory.

Lowrie/Crawford suk because they made errors but no mention that Youk who should suk as well

We also have the Why let OKI go thread. Kind of funny since most here threw him under the bus last year and were wondering why he was resigned.

Like I said RS must have lost because all of the bitching and complaining came back with a vegence. You all must have had problems keeping it all in for a week, Kind of like having constipation hurt damn bad I hope.

RS fans (too many) pay far too much attention to one game and not to the long road ahead and what happened in the past week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: RS must have lost last night......summary

Again you RS fans/posers out there no balls to comment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

great post Jim...... you cant win them all. sometimes, you don't win the ones you should; lose the one's you shouldn't. honestly, those are easier to take than the one run losses. bigger than the loss, was how well Aceves pitched, not yet fully stretched out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The parting words of Mikeyinthebronx a few weeks ago were to Kim and he said Don't expect of homogeneous forum because you are never going to obtain one. Another thing that we should never expect is for any more than ten percent of threads or posts to be optimistic. Countless posters in recent days have told us that is merely human nature for posters to come here and complain, whine, gripe, and be critical. Others have given us quotes from radio talk show hosts that the switchboards light up after a loss than after a win. Those who come here to vent are eagerly met at the door by those who love an argument or a good debate. The forum bleachers fill up with spectators who only want to read and enjoy the back and forth.

JimfromFlorida expects more optimism but that is a pipe dream, it is never going to happen. That is why nobody responded to his thread. Two hundred posts about Tito choosing Albers instead of Bard but not one anout Papi's home rum or the excellent starting pitching last night. So give up on any feel good threads, praise, contentment or joy, you have come to the wrong forum for such childish wishful thinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

echo
    Been here 5 years and previously on the Herald site.
    Last thing I expect is more optimism from RS fans.
    Lived in Lowell MA and So NH for 50 years so I know the RS fan's psyche.
    I want honest give and take.
    I want people open to others opinions.
    I want people to back up their comments when challenged.
    As stated RS fans ay little when the win and can not shut up making dumb 20/20 hindsight comments after a loss.

The furthest thing in my mind is RS fans optimism it is not in our genes.
    He!! when the 9th rolls around and they are up by 3 I'm still bitting my nails.
    However I look at each loss not as a single item but as a package of what has happend in the recent past and what is coming in the near future when I make a comment here.
    Far too many RS fans have a myopic view of the baseball season as do many of the RS media.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

It apparently is a phenomena that happens on all forums and talk shows across the Country. The forums  and talk shows get much more traffic after a loss. It was actually admitted to by several posters this past week. To paraphrase them, they said " Why come here when I am content" - "I only come here after a loss, or a questionable move by a manager or coach". "It is human nature to complain instead of express contentment". Perhaps it has nothing to do with optimism or pessimism, skepticism or cynicism. Maybe the real person is like a Jeckyl and Heid, and one half of the temperament gets on the phone or types into a forum while the other half bites his lip.

Why come here and complain about human nature since nothing can be done about it, it is just like the weather. If one gets disturbed seeing 90% of the posts being from those who need to vent then you are on the wrong forum. If you try to fight with them and debate them then it is as futile as being the goal tender on a terrible hockey team that gets clobbered in every game. You don't go deep into the Maine woods during black fly season unless you are a glutton for punishment. Wait until the black flies are gone. They come in here after a loss so don't come here after a loss. Sounds like a simple solution to me. The black flies come here to bite and draw blood. If the woods were only full of black flies and nothing to bite then they would die off.

P.S. - Don't expect venting to be well thought out, patient, and reflective. It is impulsive, off-the-cuff, spontaneous, and knee-jerk reaction. So if you are looking for a more reasonable, logical threads and posts, then you should not come here during a game or the morning after. When peoples' emotions cool off they probably won't bother to post anyway so what you are looking for isn't likely to show up here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Nice analogy but far too simple.
    Black Flies can not change what they do. No other fly can say "Hey don't bite people".
    Where as people can change. People can listen and change. I do not expect all of them to change or even listen but I do expect some of them to listen and apply basic logic to their theories.
    BTW I checked the Minn. Twinns forum. They are playing terrible baseball and in no way does t come cose to being like this forum. Looked at LAA and they have dissenters but not to hatefull stuff spewed here.Sorry but I believe most fan forum are less like the RS and NYY forums and much more civilized.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Great posts Jim.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

In Response to Re: RS must have lost last night......summary:
    [QUOTE]It apparently is a phenomena that happens on all forums and talk shows across the Country. The forums  and talk shows get much more traffic after a loss. It was actually admitted to by several posters this past week. To paraphrase them, they said " Why come here when I am content" - "I only come here after a loss, or a questionable move by a manager or coach". "It is human nature to complain instead of express contentment". Perhaps it has nothing to do with optimism or pessimism, skepticism or cynicism. Maybe the real person is like a Jeckyl and Heid, and one half of the temperament gets on the phone or types into a forum while the other half bites his lip. Why come here and complain about human nature since nothing can be done about it, it is just like the weather. If one gets disturbed seeing 90% of the posts being from those who need to vent then you are on the wrong forum. If you try to fight with them and debate them then it is as futile as being the goal tender on a terrible hockey team that gets clobbered in every game. You don't go deep into the Maine woods during black fly season unless you are a glutton for punishment. Wait until the black flies are gone. They come in here after a loss so don't come here after a loss. Sounds like a simple solution to me. The black flies come here to bite and draw blood. If the woods were only full of black flies and nothing to bite then they would die off. P.S. - Don't expect venting to be well thought out, patient, and reflective. It is impulsive, off-the-cuff, spontaneous, and knee-jerk reaction. So if you are looking for a more reasonable, logical threads and posts, then you should not come here during a game or the morning after. When peoples' emotions cool off they probably won't bother to post anyway so what you are looking for isn't likely to show up here.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Great post Echo. Don't expect any praise for Salty when he hits HRs but expect a ton a digs when he strikes out. Human nature. A thousand posts about how bad Joe Morgan was but just a few for the Orsillo and Remy team. Most posters are only happy when they are sad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Don't expect good Red Sox fans here. It will never happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RS must have lost last night......summary : Great post Echo. Don't expect any praise for Salty when he hits HRs but expect a ton a digs when he strikes out. Human nature. A thousand posts about how bad Joe Morgan was but just a few for the Orsillo and Remy team. Most posters are only happy when they are sad.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]
    Pike is patting himself on the back. We must stop this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The parting words of Mikeyinthebronx a few weeks ago were to Kim and he said Don't expect of homogeneous forum because you are never going to obtain one. Your-echo
    ----------------------------------
    Mikey's sole purpose for being here was to constantly bash Beni and keep any positive posts/posters off the board -- like in the past. His role was to constantly repeat lists of supposed aliases and try to discredit any posts he made -- filling many threads that had nothing to do with Beni with the same nonsense. He made a few baseball posts just for appearance. Once he and his Yankee pals were able to get their Red Sox girlfriends here to banish Beni, his whole purpose for being here was gone. He was left with only talking about baseball on a Sox board, and so he left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

BTW I checked the Minn. Twinns forum. They are playing terrible baseball and in no way does t come cose to being like this forum. Looked at LAA and they have dissenters but not to hatefull stuff spewed here.Sorry but I believe most fan forum are less like the RS and NYY forums and much more civilized. -- JimfromFlorida
    ---------------------------------------------

Minn. fans are probably left alone to post about their team as they see fit.  They aren't ruled over by a rival team's fans who decide what's acceptable or not. Hasn't anyone seen PinstripeZac's posts on multiple threads because he doesn't approve of a Sox fan's avatar and demands an explanation? Is that not sheer arrogance? Why don't Sox fans notice these things coming from rival team's fans supposedly here to talk about baseball? Minn. fans also don't have rival team's aliases filling the board with negative threads so the discussions always stay negative. 

Fans should stop posting on negative threads created by posters they don't recognize, who supposedly have been here for years, but only have a small amount of posts. Clear giveaway. Not all negative posts are from Sox fans. JMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

In Response to RS must have lost last night......summary:
    [QUOTE]I say that because it was rather quiet here the past week. However there is plenty of complaing today. He leaves the SP in too long or not long enough. He should have brought Bard in. Bard has pitched too much that is why he looked bad the last outing. Failure to mention the Bard not pitching decision was made before the game and because of innings/appearance and pitches thrown in the recent past. He should have had Wheeler or Hill pitch longer. He should have had Paps in sooner but he never came in and every one knows (according to the experts) he can not pitch more than 1 inning. He should have brought in Bard and let Wake pitch the whole game tonight. But Wake suks and should be DFA'd along with his wheelchair contract. Then having Wake go all night tonight flies in the face of they should try to win every game. If Wake is to go the whole game regardless of what happens that kill the win every game theory. Lowrie/Crawford suk because they made errors but no mention that Youk who should suk as well We also have the Why let OKI go thread. Kind of funny since most here threw him under the bus last year and were wondering why he was resigned. Like I said RS must have lost because all of the bitching and complaining came back with a vegence. You all must have had problems keeping it all in for a week, Kind of like having constipation hurt damn bad I hope. RS fans (too many) pay far too much attention to one game and not to the long road ahead and what happened in the past week.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Jim -

Sorry, I'm late to the convo...I didn't have any problem with Albers being out there, but I did have a problem with Francona's decision to not bring in Papelbon when there clear signs of trouble.  This isn't an issue with Francona so much as it is a league wide issue with managers being married to using their closers in low leverage situations confined to the ninth inning rather than important situations.  While I understand that the last thing managers want to do is lose a game in the ninth inning (hence their reason for saving their ace reliever for that time), it doesn't do them any good to hold him for a situation that may never come to fruition.  There's a reason Papelbon's the bullpen ace, and there's a reason Albers is the fourth or fifth guy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

I'm wondering when Kimsaysthis is ever going to share a baseball opinion...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

She is a woman and her feelings have been hurt....its gonna be a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: RS must have lost last night......summary:
    [QUOTE]Don't expect good Red Sox fans here. It will never happen.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

I respectfully request your definition of a "good fan", so that I might possibly work on attaining that level after 60+ years of apparently being a bad one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

piersall

what's the big deal

why not help a slow mfyfan out

i have asked you to explain why you use this pic a few times

I mean if it's suppose to be a shot at arod

I just don't get it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]BTW I checked the Minn. Twinns forum. They are playing terrible baseball and in no way does t come cose to being like this forum. Looked at LAA and they have dissenters but not to hatefull stuff spewed here.Sorry but I believe most fan forum are less like the RS and NYY forums and much more civilized. -- JimfromFlorida --------------------------------------------- Minn. fans are probably left alone to post about their team as they see fit.  They aren't ruled over by a rival team's fans who decide what's acceptable or not. Hasn't anyone seen PinstripeZac's posts on multiple threads because he doesn't approve of a Sox fan's avatar and demands an explanation? Is that not sheer arrogance? Why don't Sox fans notice these things coming from rival team's fans supposedly here to talk about baseball? Minn. fans also don't have rival team's aliases filling the board with negative threads so the discussions always stay negative.  Fans should stop posting on negative threads created by posters they don't recognize, who supposedly have been here for years, but only have a small amount of posts. Clear giveaway. Not all negative posts are from Sox fans. JMO
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Dear Kim Say Nothing,

Personally I welcome the debate on here with Yankee fans as long as the conversation is baseball related and respectful, which is the case with most of the Yankee posters on this board. To not welcome banter with fans of the Yankees equates to not fully understanding the passion which comes as being a part of the greatest rivalry in all of sports.

With that being said it is unfortunate that Tampa Ray fans have not found this forum. I would love to hear their take on how the season has progressed thus far.

I would rather have fans of both teams weigh in with baseball related details of the day rather than continue to read the silliness related to the continued support of Silly-Betty, a writer that is "GONE". If we can recruit more Yankee fans and a few fans of the Rays and other AL East teams would you promise to go away and stop the repetitive madness? Please advise in order for us to begin the recruitment process as soon as possible.

With Regards,

Warden P Ball

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]The parting words of Mikeyinthebronx a few weeks ago were to Kim and he said Don't expect of homogeneous forum because you are never going to obtain one. Your-echo ---------------------------------- Mikey's sole purpose for being here was to constantly bash Beni and keep any positive posts/posters off the board -- like in the past. His role was to constantly repeat lists of supposed aliases and try to discredit any posts he made -- filling many threads that had nothing to do with Beni with the same nonsense. He made a few baseball posts just for appearance. Once he and his Yankee pals were able to get their Red Sox girlfriends here to banish Beni, his whole purpose for being here was gone. He was left with only talking about baseball on a Sox board, and so he left.

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Which would be quite a few more baseball related posts than you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]The parting words of Mikeyinthebronx a few weeks ago were to Kim and he said Don't expect of homogeneous forum because you are never going to obtain one. Another thing that we should never expect is for any more than ten percent of threads or posts to be optimistic. Countless posters in recent days have told us that is merely human nature for posters to come here and complain, whine, gripe, and be critical. Others have given us quotes from radio talk show hosts that the switchboards light up after a loss than after a win. Those who come here to vent are eagerly met at the door by those who love an argument or a good debate. The forum bleachers fill up with spectators who only want to read and enjoy the back and forth. JimfromFlorida expects more optimism but that is a pipe dream, it is never going to happen. That is why nobody responded to his thread. Two hundred posts about Tito choosing Albers instead of Bard but not one anout Papi's home rum or the excellent starting pitching last night. So give up on any feel good threads, praise, contentment or joy, you have come to the wrong forum for such childish wishful thinking.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Why no responses to the "human nature" premise? It must be thart everyone agrees with it and is aware that they and most others enjoy coming here after losses and partaking in the back and forth. Slomag called it "trash talking" last week. It takes two to tango so the "back and forth" requires antagonists from the other side ( Yankee fans ) in order to function. After all why would loyal Red Sox fans flock here after losses instead of after wins?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

"don't expect good RED SOX fans here. it will never happen."--babe-ted

i believe he wrote that with crayon before posting.
    btw, babe-ted, are 'good RED SOX fans' like the STEPFORD WIVES?
    it appears you would know.
    if that's the case, there are a lot of 'stepford wives' on this board.
    drinking the kool-aide and afraid of crticizing anything RED SOX.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]"don't expect good RED SOX fans here. it will never happen."--babe-ted i believe he wrote that with crayon before posting. btw, babe-ted, are 'good RED SOX fans' like the STEPFORD WIVES? it appears you would know. if that's the case, there are a lot of 'stepford wives' on this board. drinking the kool-aide and afraid of crticizing anything RED SOX.
    Posted by the-yazzer[/QUOTE]

Is it "human nature" to drink the kool-aide after a win or to find faults after a loss. The talk show hosts  and what happens here say that it is human nature to do the latter.

"Stepford wives" , "gold watch" - didn't you use those terms before under the dannycater moniker in this forum and also at Portlandsoxfan? Up until now we all assumed that the-yazzer was a clone of the Babe's. Do you also do the Babe?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You were banned pike because even the all-positive posters hated you.... you must hate yourself at this point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

My above posts are about human nature and not "positive" or "negative" fans. Please try to keep up.