1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Aceves refused to close Fri-heated meeting w/Bobby V-What should the Sox do with this malcontent player?

He knew this day was coming.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcdohio. Show jcdohio's posts

Re: Aceves refused to close Fri-heated meeting w/Bobby V-What should the Sox do with this malcontent player?

Not surprising. Dude is very competitive and prideful, regardless of recent results.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves refused to close Fri-heated meeting w/Bobby V-What should the Sox do with this malcontent player?:
    [QUOTE]Your thread title is misleading. Aceves didn't refuse to close, he was told Bailey would be closing.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Very misleading, makes it sound like he was insubordinate. I can see him being upset, but he shouldn't have been too surprised. As long as he accepts the role they assign him, no problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Too bad he's mad, but it was an obvious decision.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V-What should the Sox do with...

The title's longer than the responses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V-What should the Sox do with...

Send him to Lowell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I would say clear out Aceves contract for a AAA pitching prospect who has just recovered from Tommy John surgery and orthoscopic knee surgery, and then with the money saved, John Henry can use it for a down payment on a new Liverpool striker and the life-long salary of a butler-to-be-named-later...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V

He was upset when he got the role, too - he wanted to start.  Maybe he'll have his chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V

Send him back to NY

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I appreciate what he has done for the Sox last year and this year being throwin into the closer's role. But seven blown saves is too much. He has much as anyone is to blame for the way fans view the team because some of his blowns saves have been bad blown saves -- games where the Sox had more than a one-run lead or games like the other night when they kept battling back only to see him blow it in the ninth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V:
    [QUOTE]Send him back to NY
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey Jess, now that the sox have all of this money, instead of investing it all on players, maybe they can put some of it into umpires.

Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Could he, and the team, just accept that long relief is his thing and leave it at that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V:
    [QUOTE]Send him back to NY
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Or better yet, let him try out for the rotation. He only didn't make the rotation this year because our closer got hurt and the FO was he!! bent on making Bard a starter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I appreciate what he has done for the Sox last year and this year being throwin into the closer's role. But seven blown saves is too much. He has much as anyone is to blame for the way fans view the team because some of his blowns saves have been bad blown saves -- games where the Sox had more than a one-run lead or games like the other night when they kept battling back only to see him blow it in the ninth.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly think the fragile Bailey will do better ? The guy is a complete joke & has looked terrible in what little he has pitched. Man, the Sox were robbed by Oakland on that trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Aceves refused to close Fri-heated meeting w/Bobby V-What should the Sox do with this malcontent player?:
    [QUOTE]I would say clear out Aceves contract for a AAA pitching prospect who has just recovered from Tommy John surgery and orthoscopic knee surgery, and then with the money saved, John Henry can use it for a down payment on a new Liverpool striker and the life-long salary of a butler-to-be-named-later...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]You do know that De LaRosa was dialing it up to 100+ before he got hurt right? And in his first appearance after Tommy John he was throwing 96 and 97. I wouldn't sell him short. So if you think about it, we basically traded our hurt outfielder for their hurt pitcher on that front. Then we gave up our all star 1st baseman for a less than mediocre 1st baseman and 3 prospects, plus LA taking on Beckett's contract. And Beckett and Lackey needed to be split up. Soxprospects already has Webster ranked as our second highest rated pitching prospect. The other two guys we got back are both kind of meh, but I really like the pitchers we got back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TOUGH SUGER...... Put him on waivers, let's see what we can get !!!   "head case"   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I guess his pride was hurt. He seems like a hot-headed kind of guy. But he has given his best with everything that has been asked of him.  I would give him a pass this time. And , I would not be against giving him a chance to start. Tired of watching Aaron Cook " pitch to contact."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

yestersay I said Aceves won't be here in 2013... he was upset he was not a starter and now he cannot be the closer. He is gone this winter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]yestersay I said Aceves won't be here in 2013... he was upset he was not a starter and now he cannot be the closer. He is gone this winter.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]I think he still has two more arb years left.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I know but it is about his own attitude. He was upset that Bard was made a starter and now he can't close. I like they guy and am not trying to slight him. He is as good as gone, he won't be happy as a middle reliever.