1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V

In Response to Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V:
    I know but it is about his own attitude. He was upset that Bard was made a starter and now he can't close. I like they guy and am not trying to slight him. He is as good as gone, he won't be happy as a middle reliever.
    Posted by EnchiladaT
    He'll be fine. Alfredo Aceves is the last guy I'd worry about giving his full effort. He's just a little emotional like Papi. That can be a good trait sometimes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V

Hope you are right. He is invaluable as a relief pitcher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just heard that Aceves has been suspended for three games. So , maybe it was a little worse than we thought. Or , maybe it is a new Sox attitude to crack down more on the discipline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V:
    Just heard that Aceves has been suspended for three games. So , maybe it was a little worse than we thought. Or , maybe it is a new Sox attitude to crack down more on the discipline.
    Posted by dgalehouse
    Could be that they're finally giving Bobby free rein.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Or could it be as I said, he is done here. He sees himself as something more than he is... he wants to be a closer or a starter. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Or could it be as I said, he is done here. He sees himself as something more than he is... he wants to be a closer or a starter. 
    Posted by EnchiladaT
    It could be. I bet the Yankees would be glad to have him back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i like aceves and his grit, but he has to be as dumb as a donkey to pull this nonsense after all the negative publicity about players whining, crying, and acting like prima donnas....these boneheaded players just dont get it - i hope ben makes all of the babies sleep with the fishes like he did with youk, shoppach, cc, agon, and beckett..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

BC announced, Aceves was suspended for 3 games for conduct detrimental to the team. Aceves had a meltdown in the dugout, then in Valentines office. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

What a team player.  Bailey is better than he is.  That's just the way it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

All true. Do not forget the Spring when he was "upset" about not being named the 5th starter. Who knows just how "upset" he was even then.

Good as gone.... I will say it again. la la la la la

Re: A Realistic Look at 2012: Part III

posted at 8/25/2012 3:15 AM EDT
    First: 3/28/2012
    Last: 8/25/2012
    I did not forget. Can't keep them all and ...

Aceves was upset he initially was not made a starter then the Sox made him a closer... he is not that good and Bailey will be back. His time is done here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

In Response to Re: RS not pleased w/Aceves behavior after he learned he would not close-heated meeting w/Bobby V : Do you honestly think the fragile Bailey will do better ? The guy is a complete joke & has looked terrible in what little he has pitched. Man, the Sox were robbed by Oakland on that trade.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Robbed on the Jed L deal with Houston too... Melancon has been horrible... also got a bag of balls for Youk...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

BC announced, Aceves was suspended for 3 games for conduct detrimental to the team. Aceves had a meltdown in the dugout, then in Valentines office. 
    Posted by J-BAY

Don't worry, I am sure the Dodgers will have another private jet scheduled to leave Boston next Friday afternoon for anyone else we don't want - - - I love LA!!!!!!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts