Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

Its normal to sit a player, especially with 2 games in one day, after a lengthy stint on the DL. Not sure why this surprises some folks. With papi's specific situation I would expect him to have a few games off this year and certainly not be overused in one day. Its a long season, and we all know hes dealing with heel issues that the team will need to be cautious about this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Its normal to sit a player, especially with 2 games in one day, after a lengthy stint on the DL. Not sure why this surprises some folks. With papi's specific situation I would expect him to have a few games off this year and certainly not be overused in one day. Its a long season, and we all know hes dealing with heel issues that the team will need to be cautious about this year.

Not to mention..and this bears repeating...Ortiz was not the only player to sit in the second game. How come all those questioning Farrell's decision are only questioning his decision to sit Ortiz and not the other players? This is only an issue because certain people in this forum are fixated on Ortiz' every move.

I am pretty sure that we are all in basic agreement that a two year contract is a golden parachute for Ortiz. We all get it..we don't have to like it ( and I have said many times I don't like the two year contract)..but it's a done deal. Are people really going to spend the next two seasons second guessing all things Ortiz? Geesh.

Also..I am with msobstinate. I don't believe the claims of a poster who states he is a doctor...although I would like to know what kind of doctor.

Added to that...this is the Red Sox front office on whom we are relying for information. For all we know..Ortiz could have some underlying condition which causes the pain and inflammation in his heel. I'm confident that our resident "doctor" can rattle off an entire list of things that have nothing to do with the Achilles injury. In any event..that would be Ortiz' private business.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

And for all those non believers.... Ortiz hits a double then next play crosses home!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

pumpsie:  There is no need to tell us what kind of doctor you are.  It will only lead to a million questions from the person who ask.  Besides, she is skilled in finding out tons of personal info with the least little info.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

pumpsie:  There is no need to tell us what kind of doctor you are.  It will only lead to a million questions from the person who ask.  Besides, she is skilled in finding out tons of personal info with the least little info.

miscricket.... Don't let him bait you with this one. We know the truth.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz didn't do his job today or tonight. He's paid to slug, not single and go station to station. If he deosn't start slugging over the the fences and deep in the gaps, he's de facto done. No one has been a bigger supporter of Ortiz, but the 2 year contract was embarrassing. This should be his final season, and 2011 was probably his last high slugging production full season.

S. Drew has hit an embarrassing rock bottom, the only way is to either go up or go to sleep.

LOL!  Well Stiffy?  Well Bill-69??

Still wrong!  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

..and by the way it is "from the person who asked". Your grammar is really atrocious. The "blogging" hasn't helped you in the least. I am starting to believe you even lied about your education. If not..you are a very poor advertisement for such a fine institution.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

And for all those non believers.... Ortiz hits a double then next play crosses home!

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

Wow, they have grown silent.

Either that or all three are legit pink hat fans and are fast asleep not even watching a game they claim to be fans of.

....PS where are the Middlebrooks haters..... maybe his days are done too..... PINK HATS!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Oops..sorry. Just saw this...too late...but thanks anyhow. Jack can keep pushing my buttons all he wants. I know it keeps him warm at night..whenever I throw some attention his way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

pumpsie:  need I say more?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

posted at 4/22/2013 6:25 PM EDT

• southpaw777
      • First: 4/2/2011
      • Last: 4/22/2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

3. Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

posted at 4/22/2013 7:11 PM EDT

4. Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

posted at 4/22/2013 7:21 PM EDT

• jackbu
      • First: 4/9/2011

5. Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

posted at 4/22/2013 7:32 PM EDT

7. Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

posted at 4/22/2013 7:35 PM EDT

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz didn't do his job today or tonight. He's paid to slug, not single and go station to station. If he deosn't start slugging over the the fences and deep in the gaps, he's de facto done. No one has been a bigger supporter of Ortiz, but the 2 year contract was embarrassing. This should be his final season, and 2011 was probably his last high slugging production full season.

S. Drew has hit an embarrassing rock bottom, the only way is to either go up or go to sleep.

LOL!  Well Stiffy?  Well Bill-69??

Still wrong!  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

10. Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

posted at 4/22/2013 7:43 PM EDT

Wow, they have grown silent.

Either that or all three are legit pink hat fans and are fast asleep not even watching a game they claim to be fans of.

....PS where are the Middlebrooks haters..... maybe his days are done too..... PINK HATS!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

12. Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

posted at 4/22/2013 7:49 PM EDT

• jackbu
      • First: 4/9/2011

pumpsie:  need I say more?

Add your thoughts

Screen name: jackbu (Not you? Log out)

Fields marked with a "*" are required.

We don't allow HTML, but if you start your links with "http://", they will be clickable.

Headline * Your post *     Font Family   12px                                                   

Your comment is subject to the rules of our Posting Policy

This comment may appear on your public profile. Public Profile FAQ

It is my worst nightmare come true...!!!

But wait...it gets better..! If you look..you see that Jackbu has me on "ignore"...yet he never misses an opportunity to respond to my posts....too funny. You simply can't make this stuff up. Why put someone on ignore if you're only going to keep responding to them? This is why the ignore feature on this site is really a joke.

Too funny jack..you are really cracking us up tonight....lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

wow, all this because I blocked you on twitter?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Oh please..I could care less about you blocking me on twitter. Your tweets were boring anyhow. Didn't Pete Abe tweet once that you were tedious..? That pretty much sums you up in one word. If it helps you sleep at night to tell yourself that then by all means have at it. You believe what you want to believe anyhow...you did care about the truth. I'll say it again...you are not a quality person...even though you pretended to be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

I think it's because miscricket doesn't like LIARS. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh please..I could care less about you blocking me on twitter. Your tweets were boring anyhow. Didn't Pete Abe tweet once that you were tedious..? That pretty much sums you up in one word. If it helps you sleep at night to tell yourself that then by all means have at it. You believe what you want to believe anyhow...you did care about the truth. I'll say it again...you are not a quality person...even though you pretended to be.

[/QUOTE

You seem to remember a lot for someone who does not care. I have not followed him in two years.  I don't remember him saying that but you seem to remember more about my tweets then me. I have had my twitter account locked down for years, I guess you have your ways.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

But wait...it gets better..! If you look..you see that Jackbu has me on "ignore"...yet he never misses an opportunity to respond to my posts....too funny. You simply can't make this stuff up. Why put someone on ignore if you're only going to keep responding to them? This is why the ignore feature on this site is really a joke.

Too funny jack..you are really cracking us up tonight....lol

Poor Roy.  You really can't make this stuff up. Nothing has changed with him since the old Fox25 forum. Nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

You seem to remember a lot for someone who does not care. I have not followed him in two years.  I don't remember him saying that but you seem to remember more about my tweets then me. I have had my twitter account locked down for years, I guess you have your ways.

LIAR.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

Like you said miscricket..... someone should learn about social media if they are going to use it. A quick GOOGLE search can prove a liar a liar.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts