Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow, all this because I blocked you on twitter?

Oh please..I could care less about you blocking me on twitter. Your tweets were boring anyhow. Didn't Pete Abe tweet once that you were tedious..? That pretty much sums you up in one word. If it helps you sleep at night to tell yourself that then by all means have at it. You believe what you want to believe anyhow...you did care about the truth. I'll say it again...you are not a quality person...even though you pretended to be.

[/QUOTE

You seem to remember a lot for someone who does not care. I have not followed him in two years.  I don't remember him saying that but you seem to remember more about my tweets then me. I have had my twitter account locked down for years, I guess you have your ways.

LIAR.

Wow!  Hell hath no fire....

Yikes!  What the hell are people talking about?  Sounds like a soap opera???

Let it go girls!

Sorry RSox....It's just annoying the way he keeps baiting. He lives for this kind of thing..we need to not fall into his trap. Jackbu has a long history of creating strife along with multiple ID's on various sites...mostly to con women out of personal info...I think it makes him feel like a man. He's on his..maybe 50th username on a travel forum called TripAdvisor....he was primarily responsible for getting another  forum many of us participated in shut down a few years ago. He has at least 5 or 6 user ids on WCVB and has ruined that site as well.  He is a sick individual.

I am going to attempt to ignore him going forward and let it go. It's clear that his comments and actions speak for themselves and most people in the sports forums seem to have his number.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

pumpsie:  There is no need to tell us what kind of doctor you are.  It will only lead to a million questions from the person who ask.  Besides, she is skilled in finding out tons of personal info with the least little info.

She can use her time that way if she wants to. Its going to be a colossal waste of time though. I am a boring underpaid pediatrician.

Haha..Pumpsie..you have no worries about that from me. That's for sure. I barely have time to participate in this forum. If I was mistaken about you..then I  apologize. I have always been woman enough to admit when I am wrong.

I don't need to repeat myself needlessly. You seem like a savvy poster. I am sure you will figure out soon enough that our friend Jack likes to engage in projection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So much for a thread about baseball.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

So much for a thread about baseball.

We did digress a bit. Just to get us back on track I will provide the daily Ortiz stats sheet: 13 PAs, 1 BB, BA: .500, OPS: 1.205

Somewhere Bill and Softy are weeping.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What say you, BILL?

Since you asked........ hHe has turned into a banjo hitter, that oh by the way, can't run !!!

Bill: newsflash: Ortiz never could run. He is not in there to steal bases.

Don't forget the all important SlG% for this "punch & Judy" hitter.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, he is seeing the ball well and at the moment playing well.  He still has to get the ball over the fence.  So far this team is an exciting one and the triple A team is qualified to help out when and if needed.

I'm OK with zero HRs and a .500 BA all year long.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If he can keep that average, then I would sign him for the next five years. The last two years he started well, last year obviously the injury and the year before he like the rest of the team, did nothing down the stretch. Is great to see him do well, but the homers need to come. Singles are for the guys not making 15 million per year.

Papi has always taken a minute to get the HR stroke going.  At this juncture, we want him to be hitting singles anyway.  MLB pitchers have known better than to give papi anything he can turn on for years.  The difference between 09 and 10, when he was trying to make up for maybe a downtick in bat speed and also a loss of Manny,  by trying to cheat and get around on everything near the plate, and 11 and 12, when he was an absolute beast in full rennaisance, is that he started taking what pitchers were giving him (thanks to Adrian perhaps?).  He started poking singles around the yard, and suddenly pitchers had to pitch him honest, and THAT is when he started going yard consistently.  

Singles are important for the guys making 15 million a year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pitchers will gladly give up a single to David every at bat.

Then, he should be abtting 1.000.

25. This post has been removed.