Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

"Exactly. That's what I've been saying. We put all our egss in the Papi/Dempster basket, now they alone are our hope.. sad, but true."

All our eggs in the Dempster/Papi basket? Really? Whe have 23 other players to rely on as well...I dont get this comment at all.

We can't possibly make the playoffs with Papi taking a day off a week and Dempster "fading in the dog days of summer".

We barely have a chance with both doing well and playing nearly every chance they get.

You've been reading too many Bill posts.

It was actually a linguistic spoof on softy's "fade away" drivel, but what's the difference?

We don't win if Papi sits once every 8-10 games. We probably don't win if he plays everyday and hits 35 HRs and 130 RBIs either, but you get my point.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz can't play 8 out of every 10 games all season. He also can't play everyday and hit 35HR and hit 130 RBI's, either.

The need to try and get 25 to 30HR and 100 RBI's out of 100 to 110 games, or close to that. They need to hope that Middlebrooks is able to do 35 to 40HR, despite the injury. He's currenlty on pase for 28 to 30HR.

Ellsbury also needs to start realizing he is indeed a slap hitter with a LITTLE power, not a lot. He should be bunting more and legging them out. He should be going the other way with outside pitches and slapping then in the gaps, not trying to hit HR. That will help him get on base more, thus enabling him to use his speed to steal bases. Guys like Middy, Papi, and Naps can then knock him in.

Middy is very important to this teams success as a young power bat from the right side. With papi needing days off this year and Naps being a streaky hitter, WMB has to step up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since playing on April 20th, Papi has played in 21 of the Sox 25 games. One game he missed was that first day's doubleheader game. (20 of the last 23 games)

If he continues to play 85% of the games, he will end up with about 130 games-- assuming he bucks softy's hopes and doesn't seriously aggrevate the current injury or have a new one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Although Papi has slipped after a tremendous start, he's still at ...

.326/.366/.605/.971

He's played about 85% of the games since he's been back.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Does Papi wash his own dishes?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Actually, when we pulled into my grandma's driveway for her 90th birtday celebration, she was on a step ladder with a small chain saw cutting a small branch off a tree overhanging her porch.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Wow, I want the Red Sox to offer her contract to DH.

Or at least be part of the trainers. wielding a chainsaw at 90yrs old is pretty amazing IMO. And at the risk of sounding sexist, for a woman even more so.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sadly, my grandfather dies at age 72. He was a war hero, radio and TV pioneer, and  a highly charitable man. He immigrated here from Poland and never went to college.

My grandma's from Ireland, and has always been fiesty. She often says, "The day I stop working, is the day I die." The Sox traners should take note.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe she could become the new Red Sox fitness manager as well as the new head of the Department of Labor.

So, was your Grandfather WWII, Pacific, Africa or Europe, or more than one?

WWI

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sadly, my grandfather dies at age 72. He was a war hero, radio and TV pioneer, and  a highly charitable man. He immigrated here from Poland and never went to college.

My grandma's from Ireland, and has always been fiesty. She often says, "The day I stop working, is the day I die." The Sox traners should take note.

what did he do in radio and tv to be considered a pioneer Moon?

I was in radio/tv for almost 2 decades, mostly behind the scenes, but Ive always had a love for the play by play guy that could paint a perfect picture of whats happening on the field.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

what did he do in radio and tv to be considered a pioneer Moon?

He was supposedly the first to make radio contact between the mainland and Hawaii and other places I think while in the service. He also was part of the group that started the emergency broadcast system on radio. He later started a radio station. He was later a TV station GM during the first days of television.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If Bill-806 were to get hit in the head by one of those Ortiz blasts, it might knock some sense into him.

25. This post has been removed.