Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

Run along, Jack.

Your act bored me weeks ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

glad to see Ortiz get a homer, sorry some of us don't sit on the computer all day.  I like the picture of him hustling as well.  Hopefully it stays consistent with him.  Ortiz must be estatic that he is not facing the detroit starting pitchers any longer.  St. Louis looks like the same bad team the sox swept before, only all different faces except one.

What are you trying to say?  This is jibberish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

10/23/13: Boston, MA: The Red Sox David Ortiz gets some serious air time as he slides across the plate with the third run on a first inning three run double by teammate Mike Napoli (not pictured). The Boston Red Sox hosted the St. Louis Cardinals in Game One of the World Series at Fenway Park. (Jim Davis/Globe Staff) section: sports topic: Red Sox(1)

i couldnt believe he went first to home!  that was so awesome.  great picture of the slide.  Papi is THE MAN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

glad to see Ortiz get a homer, sorry some of us don't sit on the computer all day.  I like the picture of him hustling as well.  Hopefully it stays consistent with him.  Ortiz must be estatic that he is not facing the detroit starting pitchers any longer.  St. Louis looks like the same bad team the sox swept before, only all different faces except one.

What are you trying to say?  This is jibberish.

let the clown speak it's good stuff and proves he knows nothing about baseball

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

people on this board must love eating Crow.

Probably why they are so silent today.....their mouths are stuffed. 

Well, looks like he is not the only one who is ecstatic they are not facing Detroit pitching any longer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

10/23/13: Boston, MA: The Red Sox David Ortiz gets some serious air time as he slides across the plate with the third run on a first inning three run double by teammate Mike Napoli (not pictured). The Boston Red Sox hosted the St. Louis Cardinals in Game One of the World Series at Fenway Park. (Jim Davis/Globe Staff) section: sports topic: Red Sox(1)

i couldnt believe he went first to home!  that was so awesome.  great picture of the slide.  Papi is THE MAN.

Papi's heal really looks damaged. He should retire right after the series.

What a clown the clown is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Papi's heal really looks damaged. He should retire right after the series.

What a clown the clown is.

I would look to extend him another 5 years.......  Yes, 42 going on 47 !!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

You said that the STL 2004 team was terrible.

I said that they were 105-57.

You said that they tanked  in the series.

But your first statement did not qualify that.

gotcha professer

Seriously though, that Cards team was far from mediocre.  The boss mojo-workin' riding high Idiots just made it look that way.  Poor guys just got caught up in a supernatural curse reversing storm of metaphysical energy.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Who is Jack and why do you keep talking about him if he bores you?

Jackbu was an Ortiz-hater who disappeared right around the same time Ortiz-hater LionSean and Ortiz-hater The4040Club showed up.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

only Cardinals fans should be hating on Ortiz right now.

the dude lives for the spotlight and delivers in a Fail sport.  (failure happens more than success).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Who is Jack and why do you keep talking about him if he bores you?

Jackbu was an Ortiz-hater who disappeared right around the same time Ortiz-hater LionSean and Ortiz-hater The4040Club showed up.

the sock puppet master

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hasn't Jack been gone for months? I mean..I am sure Jack is quite unforgettable...but I am not sure why there is such a fixation..? Here's a novel idea...why not just stick with baseball and be happy the Sox are doing so well. If this it were me..I'd appreciate all the variety of posters that are here currently because once the series is over..I'm sure it will go down to a handful....lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

jack's gone but his spawn lives on

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Counting the post season, Papi has played in 149 games (almost all were games he got the maximum amount of PAs he could get in the game).

35 Hrs

115 RBIs

41 2B+3B

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Counting the post season, Papi has played in 149 games (almost all were games he got the maximum amount of PAs he could get in the game).

35 Hrs

115 RBIs

41 2B+3B

Mr MOON..... Your right , again !!!!!!  And the reason that the "HEEL" bounced back so well is the result of early "BIG O-CARE" !!!!   Just saying !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

35 Hrs

115 RBIs

41 2B+3B

And we have to put up with him next year too!

A travesty...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Somebody laughed the other day when I said Ortiz was a better baserunner than Nava even though Nava is faster.  This was a perfect example of that.   The camera shot from atop the 3rd base stands showed Papi reading that ball perfectly.  He knew it was going to the wall, that he had a chance to score and he was busting it as soon as it was hit.  (The guy on second actually started back towards the base briefly as if to tag up).  Because of his heel, he picks his spots, but his baserunning instincts are among the best on the team.

Sections
Shortcuts